IGNORED

Barnsley

Londoner

7 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I can remember a few seasons ago we beat Crystal Palace 4-1 at AG early in the year and people tipped them to go down at the time.

They got promoted that year. Not saying it's the same but it's the first game of the season for gods sake!

And we got relegated....or was that the season after

2 minutes ago, BITW said:

Worst visiting team since we smashed Bolton 6-0 a couple of seasons back. Take nothing away from City though we were quality first half. 

Agreed. First half we looked like a team that should be challenging for promotion. Shame about the second half

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

And we got relegated....or was that the season after

Yep, that was 2012/13 I think. Baldock was paraded at half time and we did Cardiff 4-2 a couple of days later. Was mostly downhill from there - McInnes gave way for SOD and we finished 24th by some 14 points.

Barnsley were not a championship team. 

We are going to be far from the best team they play this season and wr walked through them first half.

If they play that open in this league they've had it. Seriously need to tighten up.

But as someone else mentioned, the meat has been picked off that husk and all is left is the bones and gristle. 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I doubt we`ll see a worse side at the Gate this season. It`s a shame really, I`ve got a lot of time for them - proper club, proper fans and all that - but a long, hard season of struggle awaits for them I fear.

I find their fans a bit irritating actually - there's a couple that used to spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum subtly trying to spin everything into 'Lee Johnson sucks and Heckingbottom is much better' and 'Barnsley's recruitment set up is much better than yours' which got a bit tiresome.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I find their fans a bit irritating actually - there's a couple that used to spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum subtly trying to spin everything into 'Lee Johnson sucks and Heckingbottom is much better' and 'Barnsley's recruitment set up is much better than yours' which got a bit tiresome.

Indeed, I wonder what @SaulGoodman thought of the game yesterday?

14 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Credit to their fans for making noise throughout. I really worry about what we've done by giving up the whole of the Atyeo. If/when it's full, it will be reasonably easy for the away end to dominate the noise.

They don't half hate Johnson too, don't they! 

The team was very poor though, glad we were able to put a few past them and Reid/Diedhou continues to look a fruitful pairing.

Probably because they can never beat him

4 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

His last comment.

"Ugbo is better than Tammy!! Ask any ITK Chelsea fan Watch this space"

:blink:

I always saw the passive-aggressive bitterness and jealousy in their posts. Reminded me of Swindon a bit, deep down they know that eventually we'll surpass them and there's not much they can do but snipe on this forum.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I always saw the passive-aggressive bitterness and jealousy in their posts. Reminded me of Swindon a bit, deep down they know that eventually we'll surpass them and there's not much they can do but snipe on this forum.

Agreed, the few I've come across on here and on social media they seem a bit of an insecure bunch. Yesterdays abject performance by their team I'm sure hasn't helped their insecurities. 

42 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I think you need to credit the home team and the coach, I know it's hard, but you might have to be searching for other reasons we win other than rubbishing the opposition. 

Be fair...there's plenty of credit being given on other threads. The opposition were poor first half...as their manager acknowledged. It'll be interesting to see whether we can perform like that against more confident sides. Let's hope we can. And if we can then LJ sceptics, of whom I'm one, will have more reason to believe in his abilities. But this isn't a LJ thread...

I think we'll see worse performances at Ashton Gate this season, some might be by us :ph34r:

Seriously though, Barnsley had a pretty new team out there yesterday and players need time to gel.  They missed Marc Roberts in the second half against us in April, and it showed again today.  They will be a different proposition at home, although I see them in the bottom 6/7 this season.

Think our boys deserve a lot of credit for squeezing them when they gave the ball and that meant a lot of our posession started in their half and without men behind the ball.  Was surprised how open the game was, would've thought Heckingbottom would've wanted them tight in opening 20.  Not complaining. 

Archived