IGNORED

Security today

Super

Completely different experience for me. Having read other posts on here the other week about the size of the backpacks that are allowable I took a very small one along as a test. 

Entered the Dolman at the Ashton Road end. The backpack was checked and I was told that they wouldn't be allowed from the next match - I should bring a plastic bag instead.

2 minutes ago, WOTRED said:

Completely different experience for me. Having read other posts on here the other week about the size of the backpacks that are allowable I took a very small one along as a test. 

Entered the Dolman at the Ashton Road end. The backpack was checked and I was told that they wouldn't be allowed from the next match - I should bring a plastic bag instead.

Same for me, they told my partner to bring a large handbag, defo no backpack next home game.

13 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Security were checking tickets on people moving from the South Stand concourse to the Lansdown concourse not realising that some people were going up the steps into W18 and bypassing them.......by coming out further along via W16-W17.

They cant have been doing that very long - walked back and forth about 30 mins before kick-off with no checks. What if you had a ticket for the SS and were walking to the Lansdown? Is that a problem, were they turning people away? I just wanted a foot long hotdog which I could only see for sale in the Lansdown.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Presumably that was how so many smokies got in?

Does anyone know what happened to the guy that the stewards and police were questioning about the one that ended up on the pitch? It looked like he was just Trying to get it out his vicinity.

Lots on the `Smoke` thread and several witnesses have come forward letting everyone know what did actually happen. Julie H has said she`ll be in touch with them so it seems he won`t be punished for something that wasn`t his fault.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

They cant have been doing that very long - walked back and forth about 30 mins before kick-off with no checks. What if you had a ticket for the SS and were walking to the Lansdown? Is that a problem, were they turning people away? I just wanted a foot long hotdog which I could only see for sale in the Lansdown.

This happened about 15 mins before kick off and it didn't seem to apply to people going from Lansdown to South.

2 hours ago, WOTRED said:

Three cheers for the pragmatic approach by the club; they could have been a right pain about this but instead let you in and were clear about what would be okay next time.

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

This happened about 15 mins before kick off and it didn't seem to apply to people going from Lansdown to South.

I would have just missed it then.

It doesn't make sense to be checking there and was probably a supervisor misunderstanding instructions. They were probably told to make sure stewards checked tickets in the tunnel between the LS and SS as thats a hospitality area so no one should be walking up the voms - they probably took that to be the walkway rather than the voms.

I could see how it would happen, certainly doesnt help though.

4 hours ago, Super said:

@mark kelly any reason why security was so slack yesterday?

Be worth knowing, not least because I'm sacking off the League Cup game because it'll be a straight from work episode and if I can't take a bag in there is no point bothering.

I will obviously try and work from home for any midweek League games, bit the general rule of thumb is 'don't leave your laptop in the car'. 

21 hours ago, Pezo said:

Do not go near those hotdogs. Probably the worst culinary experience of my life!

12 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

Do not go near those hotdogs. Probably the worst culinary experience of my life!

agree, it was warm(ish) and nothing like the German ones that used to be outside the SS a couple of seasons ago.

5 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

Did you see what happened at Surrey today! crossbow bolt shot onto the field! Hopefully, our security is tighter than that!

The Middlesex CCC report includes a suggestion it may have come from 800 metres away from the ground itself. No security is stopping that.

http://www.middlesexccc.com/news/2017/august/match-updates-surrey-v-middlesex-28-31-august/

oval_arrow.jpg

Archived