IGNORED

Anyone notice flint

redmeanie

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

For me that was LJ giving him ten minutes to say goodbye. He will be gone come Millwall

Very much my thoughts. Slightly sentimental I thought, and the disruption it caused the defence didn't help us dealing with the injury time panic.

Loved the guy to bits. Always gave 100% and willed the team on. But Hegeler and Wright look as though they can be even more effective. Both good on the ball and Wright surprisingly for a shorter guy, is damn good in the air. Cheers Aden and good luck.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Very much my thoughts. Slightly sentimental I thought, and the disruption it caused the defence didn't help us dealing with the injury time panic.

It did disrupt things, but Hegeler was getting a bit of cramp I think, noticed him stretching it off a few minutes before. COYR 

2 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

It did disrupt things, but Hegeler was getting a bit of cramp I think, noticed him stretching it off a few minutes before. COYR 

Yep noticed that and TBH I don't begrudge Flinty if it was his farewell. Guy deserves our applause.

22 minutes ago, redmeanie said:

Waving goodbye at the end? Blew a few kisses too

If he wasn't so greedy he could stay if he wanted to. 

Maybe he'll stay anyway and he'll do the right thing by Bristol City.

Doubt it though. 

Don't give me the "he wants one big payday". He's already having a big payday. 

14 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Loved the guy to bits. Always gave 100% and willed the team on. But Hegeler and Wright look as though they can be even more effective. Both good on the ball and Wright surprisingly for a shorter guy, is damn good in the air. Cheers Aden and good luck.

And you haven't even mentioned Nathan Baker. Yes, time to go for me... hope we can get the 5 million plus that SL wants.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Doubt it though. 

Someone sounds bitter

19 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

This.wish him all the best and if we manage to get anywhere 5 million for him then we will all be happy 

Just now, Posset red said:

Someone sounds bitter

I'm not bitter. Not one bit, so long as we get a fair price. 

What I don't like is any player taking the "kiss the badge" approach to being a player when money is all that matters. He's been a great player for us but let's not pretend he's anything but an employee of the club if money is the be all and end all. 

If BCFC say "we'd like you to stay", that's where he can show his love and commitment to the club. 

In fairness to Flint he has said nothing yet. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Little unfair that.  From his manner and commitment after he came on I don't think he really wants to go but he is not a young player and a big contract offer now would not realistically be ignored by anyone.

I hope he stays mind, the grass is not always greener.  If he goes then wish him well.

All I hope is that if he goes he keeps his place wherever and does not become a bench warmer; that would do Flinty no good whatsoever even with a big money contract.

37 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

For me that was LJ giving him ten minutes to say goodbye. He will be gone come Millwall

You may be right but it seems a strange thing to do - what if we've agreed a good fee, he comes on and then gets injured. Makes no sense to me.

He could have just come on afterwards to say goodbye

Maybe there's no agreed fee yet and LJ's made him watch a game for 80 minutes and then brought him on to show him what he'd be missing.

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

You may be right but it seems a strange thing to do - what if we've agreed a good fee, he comes on and then gets injured. Makes no sense to me.

He could have just come afterwards to say goodbye

Maybe there's no agreed fee yet and LJ's made him watch a game for 80 minutes and then brought him on to show him what he'd be missing.

You might have a point there !

5 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

Little unfair that.  From his manner and commitment after he came on I don't think he really wants to go but he is not a young player and a big contract offer now would not realistically be ignored by anyone.

I hope he stays mind, the grass is not always greener.  If he goes then wish him well.

All I hope is that if he goes he keeps his place wherever and does not become a bench warmer; that would do Flinty no good whatsoever even with a big money contract.

There will always be bigger contracts. Football is moving that way. 

Players will want to move from £5k to £10k per week. £50k to £100k. If they were on £1m they'd want to move to £2m.

I used to understand it when players earned what the rest of us do. 

He should be prepared to stay if no club want to pay what we want for him. But we all know he'll grow a long bottom lip and sulk until we let him go. 

39 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Said the same at the time...on his own too.

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yep noticed that and TBH I don't begrudge Flinty if it was his farewell. Guy deserves our applause.

Absolutely

20170805_155255190_iOS.jpg

20170805_155229420_iOS.jpg

26 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Just said the same on the Flint transfer thread. Spot on. Why does it always have to merge into the 'Flint wants to leave/we want rid' and use today as another excuse for why hes on the way?

i actually think we wont sell him, SL is clear theres a price required and unless met he stays. 

@CotswoldRed I think you're being overly critical of flint. For me he is capable of playing for a team that has a much better chance of promotion than us.

Secondly, he came on today when it was clear to everyone he'd been left out because we're more than likely going to sell him, he played that 10 minutes and did what was asked of him.

I feel like the club are handling this well, I believe a potential suitor has come forward and they are able to pay what we want for Flint. I also think the club's experience with the Kodjia situation will help ramp up the cost - Johnson has shown that it doesn't matter that Flint's head has been turned, we are not accepting anything less than our valuation of him

26 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Doubt it though. 

Who ever said it was Flint 'wanting out'? 

The club have decided it's a good time to cash in on an asset at its peak, and think they can maximise value right now. 

Flint is not the one pushing for a move, trust me. 

Just now, Harry said:

The club have decided it's a good time to cash in on an asset at its peak, and think they can maximise value right now. 

Any reason to trust you more than anyone else? 

He could always tweet "I'd like to stay, I've no intention of moving" 

13 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Just said the same on the Flint transfer thread. Spot on. Why does it always have to merge into the 'Flint wants to leave/we want rid' and use today as another excuse for why hes on the way?

i actually think we wont sell him, SL is clear theres a price required and unless met he stays. 

Is that the same SL who said Kodjia would only go to a Premier league club :whistle:

Flint's going, end of.

30 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not bitter. Not one bit, so long as we get a fair price. 

What I don't like is any player taking the "kiss the badge" approach to being a player when money is all that matters. He's been a great player for us but let's not pretend he's anything but an employee of the club if money is the be all and end all. 

If BCFC say "we'd like you to stay", that's where he can show his love and commitment to the club. 

In fairness to Flint he has said nothing yet. 

I personally don't work because I enjoy it and I'm sure he's no different 

All I ever ask is that when a player is with us they give 100%. Flint empitimises that approach, and if and when he goes I wish every success in the future. He also was an absolutely key part of that doubt side so even more reason.

Then I will get on with supporting my team.

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

From everything I've read it sounds like Flint's agent is keen to explore other teams interest in him while City would be prepared to cash in should a value be met (as with any player). I doubt Aden has literally said 'I want to leave'. Signing a new contract would then make little sense, would Aden be willing to move if we accept an offer? Quite possibly, but its different to him saying he wants out. 

Just now, hodge said:

From everything I've read it sounds like Flint's agent is keen to explore other teams interest in him while City would be prepared to cash in should a value be met (as with any player). I doubt Aden has literally said 'I want to leave'. Signing a new contract would then make little sense, would Aden be willing to move if we accept an offer? Quite possibly, but its different to him saying he wants out. 

With all due respect the agent is an employee of the player, so does as he is told, Flint must have instructed him?.

Archived