IGNORED

Anyone notice flint

redmeanie

I have ever been his biggest fan, for me he is not good enough on the Ballard is too slow for the Championship, however I certainly appreciate the goals that he has scored and believe that he gave his all that vast majority of the time. I don't think he fits with LJ's way of wanting to play now. 

If a rival company offered to double my wages i'dve off to be fair!!!

15 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Birmingham are a bigger club but is it really an exciting move for him? He's Hardly off to the Prem! He could be playing same level as us against the same teams for years to come. 

But what if it was for double the wage for instance? Harry is very good at spending money clubs don't have after all.

2 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Nope he's taking sense.....flints leaving for one thing and that's money. Sure he is struggling on 10K plus a week. For me goodbye, thanks for the service but I won't be clapping his return 

It's 21st century they all do it for the money wake up

6 hours ago, Ashton Red said:

I have ever been his biggest fan, for me he is not good enough on the Ballard is too slow for the Championship, however I certainly appreciate the goals that he has scored and believe that he gave his all that vast majority of the time. I don't think he fits with LJ's way of wanting to play now. 

If a rival company offered to double my wages i'dve off to be fair!!!

I think some of his performances have been titanic.

He has been a decent player for us, very much a fan favourite (my son idolises him).

However, for his own careers sake he has to leave now. His stock and reputation as a Centre Half is at its absolute peak and the likelihood is he won't be a regular any more meaning his value to City and his potential earning power elsewhere will now plummet.

16 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Haven't several ITK posters confirmed that the agent made it clear some time ago that they wanted to explore other options regarding a better salary? 

Sounds like the agent shot his load too early and now Flint is facing a move he doesn't really want?

Flint and his agent have been preparing for life after Bristol City. As a consequence Bristol City has been preparing for life after Aden Flint, hence bringing in Baker.

It now seems to me that Flint's plans for life after Bristol City didn't feature the club(s) that now seem favourite to go for him, or certainly that will get closest to our asking price. Unfortunately Flint now finds that Bristol City's planned for life after Aden Flint has already become reality and he has no fall back position.

11 hours ago, class_not_gas said:

Fella walks into your work , offers to double your money for the same job , but you being a hero would clearly stay and take what your getting in a short career. 

Fella walks in to work offering twice the money while I'm on a 3 year contract. I'd say "bollocks, it's a shame I've already signed a contract". 

Not ITK at all but I inferred it as Flint's agent saying "I reckon I can get you a few more quid elsewhere..." (before Tenerife) Aden stated he was fine where he was (after Tenerife) but the agent made enquiries anyway and reported back that 'Arry would give him a few extra bob... Now his head turned...

That's the way I see it anyway. Just my speculation...

On 5 August 2017 at 20:31, BCFCGav said:

Looked to me like he was wiping tears at one point. May have just been scratching his face mind. 

Gonna miss him if he does go, which looks likely. Modern club legend imho.

Looked like this to me too, quick wipe of both eyes with one hand. 

Flinty generally does his own thing after games and I wasn't there yesterday as I'm still on my holibobs but what we, as fans, must do is show more class than the inbreds down the M4 showed him.

If he's going, let's applaud the bloke if he comes back to BS3 then batter whoever he moves to.

Simple!

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Flinty generally does his own thing after games and I wasn't there yesterday as I'm still on my holibobs but what we, as fans, must do is show more class than the inbreds down the M4 showed him.

If he's going, let's applaud the bloke if he comes back to BS3 then batter whoever he moves to.

Simple!

Like it or not, a player's legacy is largely within their own control. 

Over to you Flint. 

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Simple!

Couldnt agree more. Its gone on way too long now, just want it over and done with.

If Aden Flint does end up going to Brum for 5m then maybe we have found someone who talks more BS than Mark Ashton!! (Tongue in cheek)

An agent who can seriously sell Birmingham City as an upgrade on us and can "turn a players head" derserves a retainer. 

I think LJ will a play Wright Hegler Baker (combinations thereof) and Flint might find more bench time. 

Would take 5m in heart beat. Wish Flint well. Great servant to the club... But Brimingham City!! 

Agent 1 Flint 0

Stevo

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

If Aden Flint does end up going to Brum for 5m then maybe we have found someone who talks more BS than Mark Ashton!! (Tongue in cheek)

An agent who can seriously sell Birmingham City as an upgrade on us and can "turn a players head" derserves a retainer. 

I think LJ will a play Wright Hegler Baker (combinations thereof) and Flint might find more bench time. 

Would take 5m in heart beat. Wish Flint well. Great servant to the club... But Brimingham City!! 

Agent 1 Flint 0

Stevo

I agree with this except £5m is too low. If player and Agent want out, and Brum want them ( as they obviously come as a package) then squeeze every last penny from them. After all if we no longer wanted Flint and couldn't flog him for some reason you can be sure he would want his contract honoured then. It works both ways.

I love the player and the memories he's given me, his pride and his passion, but you can't have players half way through a 'handsome' contract deciding they want more. I fully believe his Agent decided to screw the club for a bit more dosh and the club has called their bluff by buying Baker. Flint is now left in no mans land, but you can't have any player a mounting to holding the club hostage by emotional ( fans favourite) blackmail.

Sorry if this is too strong for some if you, but it's how I feel. Obviously I would wish him well when he does move, feel it is when not if, but I wish it was a more positive move than Brum or similar. He deserves better, and just wish that better could be with us. 

Archived