IGNORED

Birmingham Tickets (Merged)

Bobbie

• Admin
2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

If any one is interested,there is a vinyl record fair taking place at the Custard factory in Gibb Street

which is short walk from Birmingham New Street en route to the ground

Good idea - a couple of frisbees for the away end?

On 8/9/2017 at 08:05, Monkeh said:

I can't afford to pay £25 quid for a match ticket, £55 quid for an off peak return and £50 quid for food and beer, I have a family to provide for,

I'm sorry if that doesn't meet your criteria of loyal supporter some of us have bigger priorities then going to every away game these days,

Perhaps if football and the government made travel and following teams cheaper then we would get more travelling 

Do you really need to spend £50 on food and beer???

Priorities???

On 09/08/2017 at 10:46, Jack Dawe said:

Have you worked it out yet, "what is wrong with our fans" as you put it? Why more people prefer the "sterile" surroundings of Reading, to the not-sterile surroundings of the likes of Birmingham.

To me, it is abundantly clear.

Big turnouts to places like: Fulham, Reading, Milton Keynes, Coventry.

Small(er) turnouts to places like: Birmingham, Cardiff, Wolves, Millwall.

What does this tell you?

It tells you people might be nervous about such venues, although it is such a sanitised experience nowadays I don't know why they worry.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:46, Jack Dawe said:

Have you worked it out yet, "what is wrong with our fans" as you put it? Why more people prefer the "sterile" surroundings of Reading, to the not-sterile surroundings of the likes of Birmingham.

To me, it is abundantly clear.

Big turnouts to places like: Fulham, Reading, Milton Keynes, Coventry.

Small(er) turnouts to places like: Birmingham, Cardiff, Wolves, Millwall.

What does this tell you?

Absolutely spot on.

You can't blame people for staying away from these sort of games as you have the possibility of intimidation from both your own fans and the opposition.

On 8/9/2017 at 08:05, Monkeh said:

I can't afford to pay £25 quid for a match ticket, £55 quid for an off peak return and £50 quid for food and beer, I have a family to provide for,

I'm sorry if that doesn't meet your criteria of loyal supporter some of us have bigger priorities then going to every away game these days,

Perhaps if football and the government made travel and following teams cheaper then we would get more travelling 

£25 match  ticket

£15 Diesel

£5 tea and pie 

Bit less than £130

On 09/08/2017 at 10:20, Bar BS3 said:

So if we took 1,700 outside the holiday season, then how is taking (probably) more than that in the middle of August "appalling"..?

I can't go because I've got a family trip to Devon to go on. If I didn't, I'd be going to Brum. 

I agree with about the love in for a trip to Reading though. If we take 3k+ there, then no idea why Birmingham is failing to attract a similar number. 

I hate all this self flagellation about our support. Considering our historic lack of success, it's bloody marvellous.

Just now, hodge said:

And I wonder for just how long exactly police/brum knew it would be all ticket and now only passing it on...

It was always going to be ticket only. Surely nobody expected to be able to turn up & pay on the day for this game..?!

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was always going to be ticket only. Surely nobody expected to be able to turn up & pay on the day for this game..?!

I wasn't going anyway, but there's a difference between assuming and being told, putting the message out the day before the game is pretty poor.

I have the money to do either tomorrow or Brentford. I've decided to give this one a miss because I can't be dealing with the scumbag WMP,  Brum's horrible fans, people gesturing behind rows of police and the hoolie element that will no doubt travel. Brentford is a much more chilled out away day. No idiots around, just a few beers and a good sing song on a terrace!

21 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I won't be able to attend now. Was hoping to pay on the gate as I can't get to the Gate to collect tickets.

6 minutes ago, Ashton_Red said:

You can collect them from St Andrews

As you can with every away all ticket match. Order them by the deadline and the tickets go up with the club to be collected. 

• Admin
48 minutes ago, hodge said:

I wasn't going anyway, but there's a difference between assuming and being told, putting the message out the day before the game is pretty poor.

Yeah agree @hodge, it could have been assumed but I will bet there are people who will turn up on this assumption - you only have to look at any other game where we could POTD the number of away fans always massively increases 

To announce the afternoon before is pretty poor

44 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I won't be able to attend now. Was hoping to pay on the gate as I can't get to the Gate to collect tickets.

You can collect them at St Andrews tomorrow, Just call the ticket office.

I| was going to do this.

Birmingham City have produced a handy guide to St Andrew's, including parking information, areas of interest and all the key details you'd require.

This also includes a special PDF for away supporters.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that alcohol will not be served to away supporters tomorrow.

Click here to view the guide.

Archived