IGNORED

Update from head of security

Mkelly

Dear all

Please see an update below from Dave Storr Ashton Gate head of security.     I understand that there is a mixed response from fans on this topic, however, the stadium are following the legislation in its approach as well as the safety and comfort of all fans coming to the games.    There will be no further dialogue from Ashton Gate on this topic through the forum.   I am asking for all fans and in particular a number within the new S82 section to please respect the law and not attempt to either bring or ignite any smoke bombs or flares within the stadium.  We have a great opportunity to work together on creating an enhanced atmosphere and in the spirit of doing so we don't want to start off on a negative foot.   As always I am very open minded on ideas from the fans on how we can add to the match day atmosphere and this can be communicated through the supporters club and trust / FAN and S82.

Thank you

Mark Kelly

This is a reminder to everyone who attends Ashton Gate.  Smoke Bombs are prohibited items under the Football Ground Regulations, it is also a criminal offence to set one off inside a football ground.  On Saturday we not only had one thrown onto the field of play that has resulted in damage to the pitch but we also had a person dealt with by the medical team who suffered an asthma attack as a result of smoke inhalation.  In addition to this, they can cause a fire alarm activation and have previously resulted in crowd panic at an event resulting in a number of injuries.  Bristol City FC have been reported by the Match Official for these incidents on Saturday and could now face a financial penalty.

It therefore goes without saying that we take this very serious and anyone found with a smoke bomb, lighting it, holding it, or throwing it will be banned for a least a season from  Ashton Gate.

Dave Storr

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived