IGNORED

Lights on at the Gate tonight

asfred

As someone that lives nearby, and with a grand view of the beauty that is AG, I have just noticed that they have the floodlights turned on; not something they tend to do without a game. Would it be wrong of me to put 2 and 2 together, and suggest that maybe we will be soon seeing a new signing announced, parading his new City shirt in front of a floodlit Ashton Gate pitch? or was there a youth game, or maybe rugby training session, and I'm just getting to excited about all these rumours.

28 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Often the night before a Champions League game they let the opposition train on the pitch.

Wait, it's the CARABAO cup?? What's that?!

It's the League cup. Been around a damn sight longer that the Champions League! 

It also contains league teams, as it should. Unlike the "champions" league, containing pretty much any club that the organisers want in it! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It also contains league teams, as it should. Unlike the "champions" league, containing pretty much any club that the organisers want in it! 

Actually if you take into account the rebrands, the CL has been around 5 years longer. 

But yes, all a bit of a farce...

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

sorry, just noticed the new reaction and had to react…more about the CL than your comment.

Just now, EmersonsRed said:

Actually if you take into account the rebrands, the CL has been around 5 years longer. 

But yes, all a bit of a farce...

The champions league, in that format hasn't. It used be be a good, old fashioned knockout competition. Involving "champions" 

Was so much better when there was the European Cup, EUFA Cup & Cup Winners Cup, imo. 

52 minutes ago, asfred said:

As someone that lives nearby, and with a grand view of the beauty that is AG, I have just noticed that they have the floodlights turned on; not something they tend to do without a game. Would it be wrong of me to put 2 and 2 together, and suggest that maybe we will be soon seeing a new signing announced, parading his new City shirt in front of a floodlit Ashton Gate pitch? or was there a youth game, or maybe rugby training session, and I'm just getting to excited about all these rumours.

probably trying to put the burn on the pitch right!

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The champions league, in that format hasn't. It used be be a good, old fashioned knockout competition. Involving "champions" 

Was so much better when there was the European Cup, EUFA Cup & Cup Winners Cup, imo. 

Don't forget to add The Anglo/Scottish Cup and The highly prestigious Anglo/Italian Cup .

Those were real competitions .

:yes:

9 hours ago, DolmanDave said:

I just got home and noticed when I drove past just now the lights were on.

Could be rubbing all the red paint tarnished replica  kits off on the wet grass. 

Then using the heat from the lights to dry them. 

Economy savings and all that :blink:

I'm pretty sure you have our answer right there .

Archived