IGNORED

NFL 2017 Season

Dynamite Red

The Hall of Fame game was last week and Preseason carries on throughout August. First Regular Season game is on Thursday 7th September (Chiefs at Patriots).

I'm going to wait to see if anyone expensive gets a knock-back before the start before making wild predictions...

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Green Bay Packers for me.

I dint realise it started this weekend.

Ha, and there was me thinking you'd posted to say how much you didn't care about NFL.

As a Packers fan Robbored, what do you think of Lil' Wayne's 'Green and Yellow' track he wrote for them before the 2011 Superbowl?

31 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ha, and there was me thinking you'd posted to say how much you didn't care about NFL.

Not me PF. I love the NFL but there are several sports that I have no interest in.  Basketball, F1, baseball and boxing.

Im fairly indifferent to tennis if a Brit isn't playing. 

On 29/08/2016 at 20:06, northsomersetred said:

On another note Michigan will win the CFP.

Back to the thread;

Steelers

AP leading rusher

Beckham leading receiver

Rivers leading passer by yds.

Oh and i'll be eating my words by Oct:facepalm::yawn:

The same as last year apart from AP, the suckeye in Dallas will be the leading rusher if he's not in prison.

Anyone doing any games this year? I'm doing Saints v Dolphins and i'm going to South Bend to see Wake Forest @ Irish, Michigan will still win the CFP :ph34r::facepalm:

23 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

The same as last year apart from AP, the suckeye in Dallas will be the leading rusher if he's not in prison.

Anyone doing any games this year? I'm doing Saints v Dolphins and i'm going to South Bend to see Wake Forest @ Irish, Michigan will still win the CFP :ph34r::facepalm:

Kiss of death strikes again, theres my rushing prediction gone down the drain:facepalm:

The suckeye in Dallas

5 hours ago, Super said:

Some performance by the Chiefs last night.

Never bet against a team in Red! I've been to Arrowhead 7 times in my life and love the team.

Chiefs have one of the best W-L records in the league over the past 3 seasons and I gather (though it surprised me) that this was the biggest defeat for a Belichick-era Patriots team, which is some going. Unfortunately losing our most valuable player to injury at the end of the game really tempers the result.

I had planned to stay up for the game but I was so tired after attending the q & a but thought I'd give it a go anyways. When the Pats scored a TD I gave up and fell asleep watching it. Bit annoyed I did now as I have a soft spot for the chiefs. 

I've recently taken out a Sky Sports subscription so looking forward to the games today.

40 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I had planned to stay up for the game but I was so tired after attending the q & a but thought I'd give it a go anyways. When the Pats scored a TD I gave up and fell asleep watching it. Bit annoyed I did now as I have a soft spot for the chiefs. 

I've recently taken out a Sky Sports subscription so looking forward to the games today.

I had a soft spot for the San Diego Chargers, having visited San Diego quite a few times & loving the combination of Rivers, Tomlinson & Gates together but now they've moved to LA, I couldn't give a stuff about them so now my heart is entirely into The Redskins!!

Which means my dislike for The Cowgirls can intensify into more of a hate.  :P

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Can someone help me out with this as it's really annoying me.

Why do the away teams appear first on the score card, schedule etc?

It seems a bit backwards to me.

As far as I'm aware it's just the way they do it & it's supposedly easier to understand....... Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants rather than New York Giants are at home to Dallas Cowboys. And now they can just shorten the listing by putting '@'

They'll (American's) probably wonder 'why we do it the wrong way round' (compared to them).

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

As far as I'm aware it's just the way they do it & it's supposedly easier to understand....... Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants rather than New York Giants are at home to Dallas Cowboys. And now they can just shorten the listing by putting '@'

They'll (American's) probably wonder 'why we do it the wrong way round' (compared to them).

Bloody Yanks. What's wrong with Cowboys V Giants? Pretty simple to understand.

On 11 September 2017 at 00:25, Up The City! said:

Can someone help me out with this as it's really annoying me.

Why do the away teams appear first on the score card, schedule etc?

It seems a bit backwards to me.

It's the way it's written:

We say Bristol City vs Rotherham, so City being the home team

The American way

Green Bay at Chicago, 'at' is the word meaning Chicago are the home team

A bit strange I know but that's it in a nutshell 

Well, the Saints started with a thud! Still, only the Patriots this week, sure we'll get the W there....

Superbowl - I'd love it to be one of the 'outsiders' who have a chance, Chiefs or Cardinals, but I suspect it will be one of Pats, Hawks, Pack or Steelers. Boring!

Was interested to see the Jags start with a great win, Cleveland looked a little stronger, I've been pulling for both teams for the last couple of years in terms of seeing them more competitive

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Well, the Saints started with a thud! Still, only the Patriots this week, sure we'll get the W there....

Superbowl - I'd love it to be one of the 'outsiders' who have a chance, Chiefs or Cardinals, but I suspect it will be one of Pats, Hawks, Pack or Steelers. Boring!

Was interested to see the Jags start with a great win, Cleveland looked a little stronger, I've been pulling for both teams for the last couple of years in terms of seeing them more competitive

It was good to see the Browns being a little more competitive & it was interesting to hear that their squad has the youngest average age at just 25!! Seems like the game plan is that they knew they were shit so to build for the future :laugh:, it should mean that in a few years time they will be even less shit & be able to sustain that level for a few years in the future!

Disappointed with the Redskins, played more like a bunch of foreskins!!

Archived