IGNORED

NFL 2017 Season

Dynamite Red

Some narrow squeaks in tonight's games. And then there is Aaron Rodgers.:clap:

OBJ's foot got turned around badly under an opponent; could be some serious surgery needed now.:unsure:

Elsewhere, Miami have found a way to score. Who knew?:o

Great game between Packers and Cowboys. I like both teams so found myself cheering them both on.

Cowboys made the huge mistake of going for their final touch down too early. Gave Rodgers just enough time to do his thing. Rodgers seems to come alive in the final 2 minutes. He is incredible and never knows when he is beat.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Great game between Packers and Cowboys. I like both teams so found myself cheering them both on.

Cowboys made the huge mistake of going for their final touch down too early. Gave Rodgers just enough time to do his thing. Rodgers seems to come alive in the final 2 minutes. He is incredible and never knows when he is beat.

Unbelievable game and as a cheesehead my nerves are shot. 12 is easily the best QB  in the game. The fact that we now have a running game and the best arm and receiving core in football hopefully means this could be our year.

Our D though playing hurt is holding its own as well. 

We live in hope

10 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Cowboys made the huge mistake of going for their final touch down too early.

Maybe it's because I support a shit team, but I've never really understood this argument. Yes, obviously it would be better to score just as time expires so the opposition have no time to reply, but surely you have to take every opportunity to score and trust your defence? You may not get another chance.

Appreciate that Rodgers is Rodgers, but how stupid would Prescott have looked if he'd gone to ground at the 1 to eat up the clock and they'd failed to punch it in? 

In other news, the "0-16 Jets" have managed to win three in a row, and currently sit (joint) top of the AFC East :winner_third_h4h:

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

Maybe it's because I support a shit team, but I've never really understood this argument. Yes, obviously it would be better to score just as time expires so the opposition have no time to reply, but surely you have to take every opportunity to score and trust your defence? You may not get another chance.

Appreciate that Rodgers is Rodgers, but how stupid would Prescott have looked if he'd gone to ground at the 1 to eat up the clock and they'd failed to punch it in? 

In other news, the "0-16 Jets" have managed to win three in a row, and currently sit (joint) top of the AFC East :winner_third_h4h:

I guess it’s that time management situation, if you’re inside the 2 minute warning & 1st & 10 on the oppositions 30, you don’t have to go throwing ‘hail Mary’s’ to get that winning TD straight away, you can afford to run a few ground plays before having to worry about going aerial in desperation. And this way it’ll leave very little time on the clock for the opposition to start throwing ‘hail Mary’s’ of their own.

As long as things are still tight, teams can easily win or lose a game in a matter of seconds as it comes down to a ‘crapshoot’. And that’s where time management comes into things. Of course, if you’re team are 2 scores or more ahead (or behind) then anytime is a good time to score.

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I guess it’s that time management situation, if you’re inside the 2 minute warning & 1st & 10 on the oppositions 30, you don’t have to go throwing ‘hail Mary’s’ to get that winning TD straight away, you can afford to run a few ground plays before having to worry about going aerial in desperation. And this way it’ll leave very little time on the clock for the opposition to start throwing ‘hail Mary’s’ of their own.

Whilst I generally agree with what your saying, wasn't the score that put the Cowboys ahead, a rushing TD by the QB? Not sure it was necessarily planned as a scoring play, but when it opened up in front of him, I think he made the right choice in trying to score!

But anyway, I say that as somebody who supports a team who need to take any opportunity to score :laugh: 

13 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

He's done for the season, at his age it maybe hard to come back from an injury like that

He's 33, should be able to make a decent effort to recover providing the injury is not complicated. But that's the second clavicle he's done, although not the same one this time.

2 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Broken collarbone. Gutted

Big loss to Green Bay. Huge in fact.

AR has done his clavicle before and might just be back for the play offs.

Hundley will be more effective next game having trained with his offensive line all week.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Big loss to Green Bay. Huge in fact.

AR has done his clavicle before and might just be back for the play offs.

Hundley will be more effective next game having trained with his offensive line all week.

HUGE loss for them. I'm gutted as I'm a massive fan of AR, he is a true pleasure to watch. I had high hopes for the Packers this season so really disappointed. 

27 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

So sad, I had been wondering why he wasn’t part of the studio set-up this season.

He certainly helped the UK fans understand the game that bit more for many years.

No idea he had been on talksport. All happened so quickly. So sad :crying:

http://www.nfluk.com/news/specialfeatures/article-1/Getting-Cadled-A-tribute-by-Mike-Carlson/2942277d-53f0-4311-a073-4cb715e2486d

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Shit, I was only thinking just now that I hadn’t heard of him having an illness or anything like that! To of been told it was a ‘virus’ & that’s it, is very sad, I was only in Southmead Hospital a few weeks back with what I thought was damaged ribs (although I hadn’t done anything to damage my ribs) & was told it was a virus in my chest, I was sent home at 2:30am with not so much as an antibiotic & I’m still having discomfort from my rib area! But you don’t like to keep going on about it to the doctors etc because they’ve already ‘dealt’ with it!

Hi Pack fans - who dat say gonna beat dem Saints......

Yeah, yeah - no Aaron Rodgers, but let me have this. Been a while since we were half decent and that is a massive win for us. Four on the bounce and top of NFC South, wouldn't have put money on that 5 weeks ago..

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Hi Pack fans - who dat say gonna beat dem Saints......

Yeah, yeah - no Aaron Rodgers, but let me have this. Been a while since we were half decent and that is a massive win for us. Four on the bounce and top of NFC South, wouldn't have put money on that 5 weeks ago..

Amazing what a running game can do for you....... I liked the Saints (a little) when Reggie Bush first came onto the scene but once he left they’ve never seemed to have any runners, obviously Peterson didn’t work out but it seems like him moving on has allowed Ingram & Kamara to enjoy the spotlight.

A big game for my Skins tonight, not really understanding why The Eagles are 2nd favourites for this years SuperBowl, I guess I may see later tonight (I hope not).

Saw Carson Palmer get a right crucher yesterday at Twickers and trot off to the locker room shortly after, broken. He's joining Rodgers in the ward and is being given the 'may end his career' status. We'll see. As a point of interest (possibly) his replacement was a certain Drew Stanton. Couldn't help think of the North Somerset village with the stone circle...;)

23 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Amazing what a running game can do for you....... I liked the Saints (a little) when Reggie Bush first came onto the scene but once he left they’ve never seemed to have any runners, obviously Peterson didn’t work out but it seems like him moving on has allowed Ingram & Kamara to enjoy the spotlight.

A big game for my Skins tonight, not really understanding why The Eagles are 2nd favourites for this years SuperBowl, I guess I may see later tonight (I hope not).

Eagles have had a great start, but everyone was backing the Chiefs two weeks ago as well. I'm sure it will be one of the 'big' boys lifting it. Again.....

Be a good time tonight though

Agree about the running game for the Saints. Seems like it was forgotten about whilst Brees was fit, and younger, but he needs the help now. Ingram has really stepped up, and Kamara has made a bright start. Good times, hopefully!

15 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Agree about the running game for the Saints. Seems like it was forgotten about whilst Brees was fit, and younger, but he needs the help now. Ingram has really stepped up, and Kamara has made a bright start. Good times, hopefully!

It’s certainly done Brees no harm personally throughout his career but if he had had a better running game available to him it could of certainly done the team no harm! As GJ used to say, the more ‘clubs in the bag’ & all that...... Only having a passing game to worry about made it easier for everyone to defend against them, all a little too one dimensional.

22 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

It’s certainly done Brees no harm personally throughout his career but if he had had a better running game available to him it could of certainly done the team no harm! As GJ used to say, the more ‘clubs in the bag’ & all that...... Only having a passing game to worry about made it easier for everyone to defend against them, all a little too one dimensional.

Agree. We had that one season where it all clicked, and it was beautiful! You never had the feeling that it was the start of a NE like dynasty though, unfortunately!

Archived