IGNORED

NFL 2017 Season

Dynamite Red

Wow! Didn't expect this game to go like this. It's more like a 'you score, we score' college game than a Superbowl. A massive 1,000+ yds total offence shows what the flavour was, even if we had another pass catch tombola once more to keep everyone guessing. Great offence from both teams, highlighting the relatively poor pass rushes, but too tight right to the last play.

Foles played like a man beyond his years, helped by the big O line, and some fabulous receptions at crucial times. Philly had the right gameplan to deal with the Pats. Brady and Gronk nearly had the last laugh, but not this season.

Congratulations to the first time winners of the Vincent T. Lombardi Trophy!:clap: Have the Philly boo-birds finally been scared off by the World Champion Eagles?

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Watched a little into the 2nd quarter before crashing out, had a feeling from that point that it was going to be the Eagles night

Happy for them, fed up of the Pats

Had a little bet on both teams to score in all 4 quarters, a nice little earner at 20/1

@Tipps69 - hope you're bet came in?

I had £15 on that same bet @Woodsy, although I missed out on winning £255 by the Pats losing, I pocketed £615 in total, so it was a good night.

It was a great game & was a surprise that it was so open rather than being dictated by the defences.

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Watched a little into the 2nd quarter before crashing out, had a feeling from that point that it was going to be the Eagles night

Happy for them, fed up of the Pats

Had a little bet on both teams to score in all 4 quarters, a nice little earner at 20/1

@Tipps69 - hope you're bet came in?

Brady started to step it up in the 3rd as he usually does and I thought ffs here we go again. Then in true Eagles spirit they just dug in and showed why they should be champions. 

When they got the ball from Brady I laughed so hard I could hardly breath. 

41 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I had £15 on that same bet @Woodsy, although I missed out on winning £255 by the Pats losing, I pocketed £615 in total, so it was a good night.

It was a great game & was a surprise that it was so open rather than being dictated by the defences.

Brilliant, lovely to hear you got some luck there mate!

14 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Brady started to step it up in the 3rd as he usually does and I thought ffs here we go again. Then in true Eagles spirit they just dug in and showed why they should be champions. 

When they got the ball from Brady I laughed so hard I could hardly breath. 

I must have nodded out just as Cooks got hit. That was a big weapon gone for TB, so although it was still very close I was hopeful the Eagles were going to do it

I did see the strip this morning, it is a thing of beauty to see the GOAT (and lets be honest, he is) get done like that

Does feel like the Pats empire might be coming to an end. Quite why they traded Brissett and Jimmy G in the same season is beyond me. Hoyer is a more than serviceable backup, but I do hope they are a 6-10 team for a long, long time in the very near future. I'm looking forward to the Browns sticking a 40 burger on them in the next season or two. That's when you know it's shifted!

In the fallout this morning it appears that Gronk is contemplating the future. Hmmm. I don't know if he has a better way forward than to stick with the Pats or not, but at 28 he could chose to stop. Will he retain that hunger for another season? The whole year of effort, pain, training and hope never feels so bad as it does after a Superbowl defeat. Another twelve months of all that?

Terrific Tom™ is licking his wounds but shows no sign of doubt. But his world grew suddenly smaller when Cook suffered a wipeout in Q2; that, and the strip/sack right at the end put too much burden on the Pats. Close, no cigars this time. Is the dynasty starting to crumble? We'll see.

The Eagles are rightly feeling justified in their belief and are going to carry on barking for some time. Good to see we will be able to greet them against Jacksonville in October at Wembley.

So, there it is. The NFL delivers another memorable season. Just in case you missed all the action, it's on the official website; there are loads of video clips, including JT's halftime show and the all-important commercials, even. :blink:

My Sundays are now going to feel very empty for another six months.

12 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

In the fallout this morning it appears that Gronk is contemplating the future. Hmmm. I don't know if he has a better way forward than to stick with the Pats or not, but at 28 he could chose to stop. Will he retain that hunger for another season? The whole year of effort, pain, training and hope never feels so bad as it does after a Superbowl defeat. Another twelve months of all that?

Terrific Tom™ is licking his wounds but shows no sign of doubt. But his world grew suddenly smaller when Cook suffered a wipeout in Q2; that, and the strip/sack right at the end put too much burden on the Pats. Close, no cigars this time. Is the dynasty starting to crumble? We'll see.

The Eagles are rightly feeling justified in their belief and are going to carry on barking for some time. Good to see we will be able to greet them against Jacksonville in October at Wembley.

So, there it is. The NFL delivers another memorable season. Just in case you missed all the action, it's on the official website; there are loads of video clips, including JT's halftime show and the all-important commercials, even. :blink:

My Sundays are now going to feel very empty for another six months.

Yeah, it's a hell of a hole to fill on a Sunday evening, isn't it? 
I do love the draft now, I'll be switching attention to that now, reading up and looking at mock drafts, and we also have free agency to look forward to as well

I guess the Smith / Redskins trade has been discussed on here, will be interesting to see where Cousins ends up. I suspect the Jets, but I'd love to see a big name go to Cleveland and give them a shot in the arm

As for Gronk, I could see him being the kind of guy to walk away. He's made some good money and he'll get bucket loads of cash thrown at him if he does walk away. Plenty of them are walking away in their prime nowadays, seeing all these 40 / 50 year olds dying way before their time must be pretty sobering for them. Gronk did take a brutal hit in the Jags game, but I can't help but feel that was payback for the hit on White against the Bills, that was more than naughty

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Yeah, never in doubt he wasn't going to sign. One year deal in reality, can dump it all if it blows up in 2018

Staggering reading the amounts of money being handed out in the next 48hrs over there. If people think footballers get too much, check out these boys. And I'm sure I read that basketball, and possibly baseball players get more. Serious amounts of money

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Yeah, never in doubt he wasn't going to sign. One year deal in reality, can dump it all if it blows up in 2018

Staggering reading the amounts of money being handed out in the next 48hrs over there. If people think footballers get too much, check out these boys. And I'm sure I read that basketball, and possibly baseball players get more. Serious amounts of money

I was hoping he would go and you take take Cousins!

Archived