IGNORED

Hinds

daored

Good goal. Playing hard enough and doing his best against good opposition in terms of keeping hold of the ball and making the simple passes. Looks a player just needs time. Could probably use a loan but I'm not sure what level that would be at. Playing tonight will be invaluable to him 

Would do well to get him a move to league 2 I think, needs week in week out football and he won't get that once Đurić and Taylor are back. Someone suggested a loan to Luton in the Vassell deal which would be good for both teams. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Would do well to get him a move to league 2 I think, needs week in week out football and he won't get that once Đurić and Taylor are back. Someone suggested a loan to Luton in the Vassell deal which would be good for both teams. 

I agree. Think he has great potential but is very raw. A year in men's football and bulking up a bit would be good for him. Think he is one for the future tho. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What does he need to improve on to reach Championship level? 

I think a lot of it is stuff gained from experience.

He did well holding the ball up, but it didn't stick as well as it would with Diedhiou.

Could probably put on a bit more muscle, not loads though.

Finishing perhaps could be better- I didn't have my glasses with me, so first half when we were most attacking it was hard for me to see who was doing the shooting as we were attacking the Atyeo. Not that any shots were particularly wayward, but power maybe. There were definitely a lot more shots than the BBC website was showing, but they were often being closed down, so whether he just needs to get that nouse to find a little more room when getting the shot away.

Like I said before, he didn't do anything wrong, in fact his work rate was the most impressive thing (goal aside) as he chased every single ball no matter what. There just wasn't a lot of product from his work.

As someone said above, he is very raw.

One to keep an eye on for sure.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What does he need to improve on to reach Championship level? 

Everything. You can tell he's talented but just doesn't have the experience and it shows. Second half barely touched the ball and we had possession most of it. Not a horrible thing just struggled to find space. Think he was tired as well not used to the pace of the game. It's 90 minutes and you don't get the same time on the ball. Held it up well enough but not a comfortable part of his game. 

Anyway he just needs some senior football I think. He can do a lot of good things already but he needs to step out of the development football it looks like. Not sure he's League ready yet but I wasn't sure how McCoulskey would get on and he's doing alright(big task now that people will know his name). Might be best to keep him here until January and play in another cup game or two. Though he can go on loan outside the window to conference sides so maybe a few months there? 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Everything. You can tell he's talented but just doesn't have the experience and it shows. Second half barely touched the ball and we had possession most of it. Not a horrible thing just struggled to find space. Think he was tired as well not used to the pace of the game. It's 90 minutes and you don't get the same time on the ball. Held it up well enough but not a comfortable part of his game. 

Anyway he just needs some senior football I think. He can do a lot of good things already but he needs to step out of the development football it looks like. Not sure he's League ready yet but I wasn't sure how McCoulskey would get on and he's doing alright(big task now that people will know his name). Might be best to keep him here until January and play in another cup game or two. Though he can go on loan outside the window to conference sides so maybe a few months there? 

In terms of quality performance I think Hinds is ahead of McCoulsky from the little I have seen of both.

However I think McCoulsky has more experience of men's football which helps him.

Hinds the better talent though IMO

Thanks for the thoughts @JamesBCFC, @JoeAman08

If he managed to do ok against Plymouth though, maybe a League 2 loan would be suitable rather than a conference one? Plymouth are a good team in that league and I get the impression that Hinds is rated higher than McCoulsky who's at Newport.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Yeovil or Plymouth 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

If he managed to do ok against Plymouth though, maybe a League 2 loan would be suitable rather than a conference one? Plymouth are a good team in that league and I get the impression that Hinds is rated higher than McCoulsky who's at Newport.

Someone suggested Luton which could be a good shout if they aren't mad that we poached him from them.

I think Luton will be one of the top League 2 sides this year.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Someone suggested Luton which could be a good shout if they aren't mad that we poached him from them.

I think Luton will be one of the top League 2 sides this year.

I thought that was a good suggestion too. I'm surprised we haven't made many loans to Yeovil, LJ is good mates with Darren Way, they're fairly local and clearly need all the help they can get.

I can imagine us selling them Garita or someone.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think that was Plymouth's first team either and he was playing with championship quality players for the most part. I'm not saying he couldn't because I don't know enough about the level but I think it would be a big ask to get him to a L2 side with one senior start to his name. Think if we can get him somewhere that he'll get minutes against men it would do him a world of good. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I thought that was a good suggestion too. I'm surprised we haven't made many loans to Yeovil, LJ is good mates with Darren Way, they're fairly local and clearly need all the help they can get.

Potentially not the environment that we want our players going into though. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wonder how long Way will remain in a job at Huish....not just the 8-2, they are on a downward trend imho.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't think that was Plymouth's first team either and he was playing with championship quality players for the most part. I'm not saying he couldn't because I don't know enough about the level but I think it would be a big ask to get him to a L2 side with one senior start to his name. Think if we can get him somewhere that he'll get minutes against men it would do him a world of good. 

Agree, several regulars on the bench tonight....and it showed.

Hinds - good technique, busy, clever runs.  A footballer undoubtedly.  At what level, no idea, but he'll never forget that goal, a super strike.  Did any of us imagine a front 2 of Reid and his clone - the new `Young Bobby Reid v2.0'

Just now, Davefevs said:

Wonder how long Way will remain in a job at Huish....not just the 8-2, they are on a downward trend imho.

Agree, several regulars on the bench tonight....and it showed.

Hinds - good technique, busy, clever runs.  A footballer undoubtedly.  At what level, no idea, but he'll never forget that goal, a super strike.  Did any of us imagine a front 2 of Reid and his clone - the new `Young Bobby Reid v2.0'

With a debut goal like tonight's, it's certainly a memory that will stick with him

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Plymouth are in League One :)

Impressed. He was making some great runs off the shoulder of the centre half but didn't always receive the ball, also got into little pockets of space in front of their back four to receive it and his link up play was bright and sharp....and what a strike! Think he tired for the last 20 and of course we went down to 10 men with Baker going off, so it was more of a possession game come the end.

I made a point of watching him closely in the second half. His movement and the way he made space for himself, nearly always between both central defenders and on the last shoulder makes him very difficult to pick up. Cramped up on the hour but seemed to find s second wind and worked hard. Very impressed, defo ahead of McCoulskey in the pecking order now and if it's true that Engvall is going out on loan, could have a chance of being on the bench Saturday. After that goal and performance, few could argue he doesn't deserve it.

22 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think a lot of it is stuff gained from experience.

He did well holding the ball up, but it didn't stick as well as it would with Diedhiou.

Could probably put on a bit more muscle, not loads though.

Finishing perhaps could be better- I didn't have my glasses with me, so first half when we were most attacking it was hard for me to see who was doing the shooting as we were attacking the Atyeo. Not that any shots were particularly wayward, but power maybe. There were definitely a lot more shots than the BBC website was showing, but they were often being closed down, so whether he just needs to get that nouse to find a little more room when getting the shot away.

Like I said before, he didn't do anything wrong, in fact his work rate was the most impressive thing (goal aside) as he chased every single ball no matter what. There just wasn't a lot of product from his work.

As someone said above, he is very raw.

One to keep an eye on for sure.

So not in the same league as Taylor?

2 hours ago, WesM said:

I made a point of watching him closely in the second half. His movement and the way he made space for himself, nearly always between both central defenders and on the last shoulder makes him very difficult to pick up. Cramped up on the hour but seemed to find s second wind and worked hard. Very impressed, defo ahead of McCoulskey in the pecking order now and if it's true that Engvall is going out on loan, could have a chance of being on the bench Saturday. After that goal and performance, few could argue he doesn't deserve it.

Potential yes...but not sure how he would cope against Morrison and Roberts on Saturday....bit different to last nigh's defenders.  Will've done him no harm, but I don't think we should be pinning too much on him at this moment in time.  He might be on the bench if Gustav is gone by then, but that doesn't give me a sense of someone we could bring on to replace Diedhiou should we need a goal. 

'Of course, could be a wonder-kid.

Looked pretty good alongside Bobby, but not sure the lack of brawn would work so well against a tough Champuonship defence.

But he's young and has bags of potential.  Needs a bit more muscle and strength, but he has time to acquire that and could be a pair of fresh legs from the bench when needed.

He will improve with age and experience.

Archived