IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

10 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

He he. Thanks for the information . Here in the north we Think the globe is only Sweden, or maybe also Finland. Maybe we are wrong, it might be a world outside Scandinavia. We hopefully learns something all  life.

Take care. Finland is not in Scandinavia!

The worrying thing is - start of the window we needed 3/4 players, lost Tomlin so that makes it 4/5 players needed, only 2 brought in leaving a 2/3 remaining. This deal is the only one ATM that is an exciting prospect, we should be pulling out all the stops to get this bloke in. 

1 minute ago, Saunders87 said:

The worrying thing is - start of the window we needed 3/4 players, lost Tomlin so that makes it 4/5 players needed, only 2 brought in leaving a 2/3 remaining. This deal is the only one ATM that is an exciting prospect, we should be pulling out all the stops to get this bloke in. 

no it's still 3/4, we signed two already, tomlin had no bearing on us turning it around so you can discount him,

we seem to do things quietly and behind the scenes so lack of info in the public domain shouldn't be a worry at this stage, if its August 28th then start to panic

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no it's still 3/4, we signed two already, tomlin had no bearing on us turning it around so you can discount him,

we seem to do things quietly and behind the scenes so lack of info in the public domain shouldn't be a worry at this stage, if its August 28th then start to panic

We want these in by the start of the season not Aug 28th.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

the window is open until the end of august, currently the squad is no weaker then the one that finished the season strongly,

Not sure about that really, that's assuming Diedhiou immediately makes the same impact as Abraham. We also had more depth with keepers and whether he was playing or not, Tomlin was a strong option to have.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Not sure about that really, that's assuming Diedhiou immediately makes the same impact as Abraham. We also had more depth with keepers and whether he was playing or not, Tomlin was a strong option to have.

in hindsight no he wasn't, as he couldn't be bothered, but I'll give you that,as for keepers we started with Fielding and O'Donnell, we start this season with Fielding and O'Leary/Lucic bother as good as o'donnell, Upfront we started with Tammy (complete unknown) and Kodja (who didn't score), now we have Diedhiou and by the looks of it reid, as I said we are no worse off at this moment in time, and thats assuming no one comes in between now and next saturday,

We have the added benifit of the unknown youngsters being another year older with a lot more experience under their belts 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

in hindsight no he wasn't, as he couldn't be bothered, but I'll give you that,as for keepers we started with Fielding and O'Donnell, we start this season with Fielding and O'Leary/Lucic bother as good as o'donnell, Upfront we started with Tammy (complete unknown) and Kodja (who didn't score), now we have Diedhiou and by the looks of it reid, as I said we are no worse off at this moment in time, and thats assuming no one comes in between now and next saturday,

We have the added benifit of the unknown youngsters being another year older with a lot more experience under their belts 

You specifically said 'the one that finished last season strongly' not 'began' the season. 

I'm sure if you did a straw poll of our fan base (or any other fan base in the league) after showing them a squad list of today or the squad that played Birmingham - they'd say the Birmingham squad was stronger.

Currently our squad is considerably weaker than it was at the start of last season, IMO we need another forward, a replacement for Tomlin, a out and out winger, and in s ideal world a new number one, and a midfield general, to replace O'Neil as not convinced by hegler at all so that 3 musts and 2 which would improve the the starting 11 .  

31 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the window is open until the end of august, currently the squad is no weaker then the one that finished the season strongly,

On a separate note the window shut at 5pm next Friday. It is ridiculous that the window is open after the season has started. But that's another debate 

2 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Currently our squad is considerably weaker than it was at the start of last season, IMO we need another forward, a replacement for Tomlin, a out and out winger, and in s ideal world a new number one, and a midfield general, to replace O'Neil as not convinced by hegler at all so that 3 musts and 2 which would improve the the starting 11 .  

Considerably?

Why? - Who apart from the above have we lost that makes us considerably weaker?

Tammy yes, but I would argue Tomlin was often last season a hindrance to our team and that's no bitterness because he went to Cardiff. When he's on his game we all know what he can do but way too inconsistent for me.

Do we really need more players? Seems to me we have plenty of options in all positions, especially midfield where it's a real head scratcher as to who are our top 4 or 5.

Personally am pleased we have a new right back and striker, they were the obvious needs, and think the squad of last season contains what we need providing LJ can decide on our core formation and preferred starters and not keep chopping and changing every 5 minutes.

14 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Do we really need more players? Seems to me we have plenty of options in all positions, especially midfield where it's a real head scratcher as to who are our top 4 or 5.

That's all well and good but how many players do we genuinely have that could compete in the top half of the league. It's not numbers we are short of it's quality.

5 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

That's all well and good but how many players do we genuinely have that could compete in the top half of the league. It's not numbers we are short of it's quality.

Agreed. 2 or 3 injuries to first choices would leave our bench looking very weak.

1 hour ago, Johnr1986 said:

But it's not weaker than what we had a year ago today! 

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

Considerably?

Why? - Who apart from the above have we lost that makes us considerably weaker?

Tammy yes, but I would argue Tomlin was often last season a hindrance to our team and that's no bitterness because he went to Cardiff. When he's on his game we all know what he can do but way too inconsistent for me.

Weaker in the fact that Tammy and Tomlin have both left, so combined that's 30 goals gone and plus Tomlin assists together with freeman going in Jan with his delivery from set pieces was a useful  asset in our squad, so I'm my opinion as things stand we are weaker than at the start of last season no point in hiding from the fact we need to get some quality in urgently. !

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You specifically said 'the one that finished last season strongly' not 'began' the season. 

I'm sure if you did a straw poll of our fan base (or any other fan base in the league) after showing them a squad list of today or the squad that played Birmingham - they'd say the Birmingham squad was stronger.

Tammy was the difference.

Diedhiou may even things up, we'll have to wait and see.

Archived