IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Those 2 goals last night won't help that scenario!  What wages would Engvall get going back home, unless City supplement it.  I sensed from his interview last night he feels he's got an opportunity here.  

Didn't celebrate or interact with the fans I noticed tho Dave (Going by highlights - somebody who went will correct me if I'm wrong)

Only going by highlights but he didn't even look relieved let alone happy just a sort of shrug

Might be his character of course 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Didn't celebrate or interact with the fans I noticed tho Dave (Going by highlights - somebody who went will correct me if I'm wrong)

Only going by highlights but he didn't even look relieved let alone happy just a sort of shrug

Might be his character of course 

Probably because it's a friendly . Don't really see anyone celebrate in friendlies 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Those 2 goals last night won't help that scenario!  What wages would Engvall get going back home, unless City supplement it.  I sensed from his interview last night he feels he's got an opportunity here.  

I agree, was just saying what I thought Tommy meant

• Admin
2 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Don't need characters like that in the dressing room, we've only just got rid of one maverick.

right, it's a no from me

....and we've recently learnt from a former assistant with no axe to grind that LJ can't handle mavericks. Nothing to do with extra marital problems and daily 3 hour commutes (each way). All to do with LJ.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

....and we've recently learnt from a former assistant with no axe to grind that LJ can't handle mavericks. Nothing to do with extra marital problems and daily 3 hour commutes (each way). All to do with LJ.

Personally I'm not sure LJ can handle certain characters, whether they be mavericks or not.  I think it's an age thing, that he hasn't had the experience to deal with every scenario and be able to fall back on what he did right or wrong when it happened before...because it's the first time it's happened.

In our day jobs, experience can count for so much.  I work with a load of relative youngsters from one of the leading consultancies.  They are smart...much smarter than me, but they've no experience, certainly not in the project we are on.  They can't fall back on their "corporate" PowerPoint presentations in the real world, it doesn't fit the uniqueness the project or the phase we are in.  (The mention of PowerPoint was not a sly dig at LJ either)

They then start to flounder, make bad decisions, or in the case of some of them, they just hide, or hide behind documentation that they produced but didn't understand.

LJ is a bit like this, but fair play, he doesn't hide.  He'll gain experience and be better for it...I hope!

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Is the former assistant unbiased though after being sacked by LJ?

Just now, robinreliant said:

Well lets blame him anyway then.

If JP was underperforming then he deserved to be sacked, whether that was LJ directly or not he will not be unbiased in his comments. 

Your reply suggests I was slagging LJ off.. I wasn't.

No I wasn't. I asked the question. You replied. No suggestion you were slagging him off at all. Things like that come from the top. He prob as you said deserved to be sacked for what ever reason. Maybe it was for under performing or maybe not. He obviously had a difference of opinion on how the team should be coached. SL I'm sure has the final say on hire and fire. I'm sure he feels bitter though.

30 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

No I wasn't. I asked the question. You replied. No suggestion you were slagging him off at all. Things like that come from the top. He prob as you said deserved to be sacked for what ever reason. Maybe it was for under performing or maybe not. He obviously had a difference of opinion on how the team should be coached. SL I'm sure has the final say on hire and fire. I'm sure he feels bitter though.

Read my post above....it was all very open from LJ / MA.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I'm not sure LJ can handle certain characters, whether they be mavericks or not.  I think it's an age thing, that he hasn't had the experience to deal with every scenario and be able to fall back on what he did right or wrong when it happened before...because it's the first time it's happened.

In our day jobs, experience can count for so much.  I work with a load of relative youngsters from one of the leading consultancies.  They are smart...much smarter than me, but they've no experience, certainly not in the project we are on.  They can't fall back on their "corporate" PowerPoint presentations in the real world, it doesn't fit the uniqueness the project or the phase we are in.  (The mention of PowerPoint was not a sly dig at LJ either)

They then start to flounder, make bad decisions, or in the case of some of them, they just hide, or hide behind documentation that they produced but didn't understand.

LJ is a bit like this, but fair play, he doesn't hide.  He'll gain experience and be better for it...I hope!

True LJ is inexperienced compared to many, but don't forget he has grown up probably only ever knowing his Dad as a manager. Fair enough there have been ups and downs for Gary, but I bet Lee has taken on board a lot of what he has seen and decided how to do, and just as importantly, not do things. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You'd be surprised by the amount of people baffled by bullshit as I like to call it, it's rife in my industry and you'd laugh at some of the stories I could tell you, I can't of course because it's not worth my job but Jesus it's bad   

25 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Plenty were pissed off including me when JP was sacked. After his tweet about tomlin it seems it was for the best 

there was more to JP's sacking then johnson not wanting him apparently  

44 minutes ago, RedM said:

True LJ is inexperienced compared to many, but don't forget he has grown up probably only ever knowing his Dad as a manager. Fair enough there have been ups and downs for Gary, but I bet Lee has taken on board a lot of what he has seen and decided how to do, and just as importantly, not do things. 

IMO, that is one of the significant problems at City. We just have GJ Mark Two. LJ has little experience of managers apart from his father and boy has it shown clearly with his negative tactics. And almost certainly has a problem with stronger characters who can play better than he ever did.

At the moment a League Two manager as his father is.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

IMO, that is one of the significant problems at City. We just have GJ Mark Two. LJ has little experience of managers apart from his father and boy has it shown clearly with his negative tactics. And almost certainly has a problem with stronger characters who can play better than he ever did.

At the moment a League Two manager as his father is.

be nice if we had Gary mark two, he never finished below 10th with us

Archived