IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, they're ******* tedious, as is having to put up with people looking for way to ruin a thread with shit jokes.

I dislike it when threads go off track too but I don't think it's that bad yet - I actually instigated it this time by playing Cluedo with Tommy's pic !

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, they're ******* tedious, as is having to put up with people looking for way to ruin a thread with shit jokes.

After 24 pages of the thread, you need something to break the tedium.

Having said that, some of the jokes only add to the tedium.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I dislike it when threads go off track too but I don't think it's that bad yet - I actually instigated it this time by playing Cluedo with Tommy's pic !

So it was Tommy, in the hospitality suite with the white daps! :)

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Stay on topic

Didn't say anything about the topic being changed, it was the shit jokes I said about.

Still no actual response from you, if the manager actively stating the player has been left out of a squad because he is close to signing for another club doesn't count as news, what does?

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

3-4 pages of which were what, 40+ year old men wanking over a picture, the same joke based around the phrase "golden climax" being the result of a translation about 7 times.

And it is always the same posters every time. A shame really some of them genuinely post some good stuff, but trying to force crap jokes on almost every single transfer thread, do they have nothing better to do?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Still no actual response from you, if the manager actively stating the player has been left out of a squad because he is close to signing for another club doesn't count as news, what does?

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No, of course not- that's why they're on a forum

Is that question really too hard for you to answer?

12 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Reason why it's 24 pages is because of the amount of unfunny guff we have to wade through 

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You said, I said, we said and so it goes. You're right, I'm wrong. You win again.

Was literally just asking what counts as news for you if that doesn't.

Not looking to argue with it, because it isn't "unfunny guff" as @Red Ferret put it.

So for the fourth time now, what counts as news for you if his manager stating the player is close to joining a new club doesn't count?

Edit- sorry @Ian M posted at the same time

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Was literally just asking what counts as news for you if that doesn't.

Not looking to argue with it, because it isn't "unfunny guff" as @Red Ferret put it.

So for the fourth time now, what counts as news for you if his manager stating the player is close to joining a new club doesn't count?

Oh dear.

OK but only cos you are so insistent and polite.

In 24 pages of following a potential transfer with almost 2000 posts there are about three or four posts which are genuine news as opposed to speculation, opinion etc

1) BCFC are interested in signing a young Swedish winger

2) The selling club want a high fee so no deal

3) LJ is losing patience 

4) The Manager/Agent have intimated that a deal is likely to be concluded

The Medical on Friday was fake news so no news. On every single page the thread goes off topic but that's pretty much how it is on this forum. Nature abhors a vacuum and in the absence of any concrete news; posters turn their attention to other subjects and humour -some of which is very funny to some and some which may be tiresome to others. Personally I liked the Swedish babes in swimsuits whilst I've always wanted to know which one was Tommy in his photo. Now I do so in that respect at least- it was worth wading through 24 pages.

By the way- 37 pages on Flint and he's still here.

@Marina's Rolls Royce re 3) above....I think that was LJ's little message post-match Saturday.  We've gone as far as we are going to £-wise, either accept or we are moving on.

Sounds like we got Eliasson,  and lost out on Ripley (assuming we were in for him) by putting a deadline in.  I'm assuming he's ours!

We've got to accept we won't get everyone we are in for, and if you give me a choice of two players I knew zero about a month ago (ok, knew of Ripley if not his ability), I'd have prioritised the wide player / winger.  Think he'll take a little time to settle to the physicality of the Championship.  That's fine.  

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Marina's Rolls Royce re 3) above....I think that was LJ's little message post-match Saturday.  We've gone as far as we are going to £-wise, either accept or we are moving on.

Sounds like we got Eliasson,  and lost out on Ripley (assuming we were in for him) by putting a deadline in.  I'm assuming he's ours!.

We've got to accept we won't get everyone we are in for, and if you give me a choice of two players I knew zero about a month ago (ok, knew of Ripley if not his ability), I'd have prioritised the wide player / winger.  Think he'll take a little time to settle to the physicality of the Championship.  That's fine.  

Tackle is one thing Eliasson don't do. People need to get used to it.

Edit; Quoted wrong post

Archived