IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is this a necessary signing?

£1.5m ODowda was just starting to get a grip of the Championship late last season and now he is presumably further from the first team

We never replaced freeman, Odowda is/was the only proper winger we had. Paterson and Brownhill are not wingers

Interesting interview and also the video highlighting his style. Looks like he can deliver a cross, and good to see him dropping deep to provide the links between midfield and the strikers. A real exciting prospect. 

Intrigued to read LJ's comments regarding finding him via statistical analysis, before then going to watch him! All sounds a bit football manager to me. 

Just now, deadredfred said:

Interesting interview and also the video highlighting his style. Looks like he can deliver a cross, and good to see him dropping deep to provide the links between midfield and the strikers. A real exciting prospect. 

Intrigued to read LJ's comments regarding finding him via statistical analysis, before then going to watch him! All sounds a bit football manager to me. 

That's the start of the process these days. It's all available to coaches and when your shopping list is becoming more global, you need some way of saving time and money going to watch players. It's just like shortlisting based on application form really.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

That's the start of the process these days. It's all available to coaches and when your shopping list is becoming more global, you need some way of saving time and money going to watch players. It's just like shortlisting based on application form really.

Exactly. It's not new, it's just new to us. 

With some of the signings we are making, it looks a fantastic addition to our footballing set up. 

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Presumably it's just a database of sorts then? We filter it for 'young, pacy, winger, good crossing ability' and up pops some random Swedish lad.We then smash the YouTube videos before investing in a real scouting mission. Makes sense!

I'd resisted watching the scouting video on him until now. 

He does look very "Ronaldo-esque"

Not enough wide players produce a regular quality delivery. Certainly appears he can. 

Like to drop deep & drift into pokeys of space to open teams up and he's certainly got a shot on him!

You can't beat a good winger who likes to go past his marker. 

I'm excited to see what he can do here now! 

I can't remember on which thread it appeared originally, but can anybody recall the Brian Tinnion photo claiming that he had gone to Sweden (U21 European Championships) to watch Gus only to find out he wasn't even playing - when we knew here several days beforehand?

With the benefit of hindsight, I now suspect he went to see Eliasson - should anybody locate the thread, I am convinced they will find Eliasson played in that 'fruitless' trip.

2 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Knowing OTIB they'll be able to identify the strain of cotton on the jumper in the blurred picture and cross reference it to the picture posted by his agent earlier

If only OTIB was about one November in 1963. The "grassy knowl" situation would have been cleared up in a wink.................Zapruder, pffftt !

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I can't remember on which thread it appeared originally, but can anybody recall the Brian Tinnion photo claiming that he had gone to Sweden (U21 European Championships) to watch Gus only to find out he wasn't even playing - when we knew here several days beforehand?

With the benefit of hindsight, I now suspect he went to see Eliasson - should anybody locate the thread, I am convinced they will find Eliasson played in that 'fruitless' trip.

Just had a look at the U21 games, he didn't play v Slovakia or Poland and didn't look like he played v England either. Was on the bench for a couple of them but he was definetely on the team

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd resisted watching the scouting video on him until now. 

He does look very "Ronaldo-esque"

Not enough wide players produce a regular quality delivery. Certainly appears he can. 

Like to drop deep & drift into pokeys of space to open teams up and he's certainly got a shot on him!

You can't beat a good winger who likes to go past his marker. 

I'm excited to see what he can do here now! 

Cross-tastic!

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

If only OTIB was about one November in 1963. The "grassy knowl" situation would have been cleared up in a wink.................Zapruder, pffftt !

If you are talking about Frankie Valli, it was actually in December, very late.

What a very special time for me, 'cause I remember what a night.

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

bit like TripAdvisor then!

48 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

Haven't been this excited about a left winger since we got Harpal Singh on a months loan from Leeds 

Singh didn't really get my pulse racing. When we signed Mark Flatts on loan from Arsenal.. Now that was a different story entirely! 

Archived