IGNORED

Aden Flint - Badly Treated? (Too many merges to mention)

RaspberryRed

It's obvious he's going and Iv said all along that it's the best time to sell as we have plenty of good cover and/or better balanced options, and his market price is best it'll ever be. 

I couldn't care less if he goes to Brum, Cardiff or Man U as long as someone pays the correct asking price and we don't get our pants pulled down.... 

5 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

If a pillar is to bring in young players and move them on for more money let's stop throwing them under the bus when these successful moves arise as we have done in the past 12 months. 

That is a bloody good point. Completely contradicting a post I made in a different thread accusing AF of being not so classy for refusing to play. 

But your absolutely correct. Take a player for cheap. Develop him and utilise his skills and talent for the betterment of our club.

Once he has an acceptable resale value then he goes for a handsome profit. 

In doing so has strengthened our league position and provide funds for investigating.

Bang on and the club need to deal with this far better. 

Good point once again. 

Stevo 

I hope this can all be sorted by the weekend...good player yes...irreplaceable certainly not...club legend open to interpretation.

what is beyond doubt is his outstanding commitment over the last 4 seasons.

Time to move on, I am very happy with our options defensively and would use that 6m to try and find a creative midfielder.

The cup tie thing is a good point and is probably the reason why this happened. Whilst it is disrispectful to ask not to play, if the deal is done terms agreed etc then whats the point (from his perspective) and I agree with LJ not to play someone who doesn't what to play for City - give the others playing time. Job done, all the best Flint - of you go.

And before anyone says he should have played to say bye to the fans, it sounds like he did that Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Rob k said:

If you read Harry's post the other day then you will see it may not have been Flint who instigated this move....

I've thought this for a while.

I can imagine the clubs thoughts at the end of last season went somewhere along the lines of.......Adens stock is as high as we think it will get. Can we sign someone who we think is better than him? Are there clubs interested in signing him for the money we want? The answer seems to be yes to those questions, so it makes good business sense to sell him on, whether Aden wants to go or not.

That to me is how this club should be ran, but I would like us to have been a little more open and honest about it. Making comments like 'his head has been turned' doesn't do anyone any favours and after the efforts Flint has put in for us (all being that he has been paid well to do so) I personally think he could be treated with a little more respect.

So Jamie McAllister is asked a direct question about Aden Flint and gives, on the spur of the moment, what I assume to have been an honest answer, and the club (including LJ) is at fault for 'hammering' Flint.  Are you lot for real?  No one knows what the truth is, but it seems to me that the club is playing this one with a pretty straight bat, which is what I would hope.  Clearly Flint isn't ostracised or he wouldn't have been in contention for last night, but all we know is that a decision was taken not to play him.  Presumably there was a good reason for that, and Jamie Mac is entitled to answer the question, which he did in a straightforward way.  No hammering, no snide comments, just a straight answer.  I hope that this situation is resolved as soon as possible, because it is presently providing people with yet another (pretty flimsy) stick with which to beat the club.

If your gaffer selects you , you play no questions asked your paid by the club and LJ is in charge , so what if he would be cup tied that's not his choice . 

Flint that was a terrible decision and as so many players do he's killing his legacy by assuming he calls the shots . 

Just now, bengalcub said:

If your gaffer selects you , you play no questions asked your paid by the club and LJ is in charge , so what if he would be cup tied that's not his choice . 

Flint that was a terrible decision and as so many players do he's killing his legacy by assuming he calls the shots . 

maybe just maybe he was picked, and they both had an adult conversation about it and both agreed it would be best if he left out,

you know Johnson being an adult as well as flint,

it's a novel idea but may just be the truth, I'm sorry if this doesn't fit the agenda against Johnson and the club and the Agenda against flint and Redknapp, 

Just now, bengalcub said:

If your selected there is no conversion to have ? Talk about player power , I'm in the flint must stay camp but for me this is overstepping his mark , he should of played as per his managers instruction .

As you seem to know what's happened - I assume You've spoken to LJ and Flint have you ?

56 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Nobody knows if he asked or if LJ changed his mind so let's not speculate or assume we know. 

The XI was picked on Monday so every chance LJ changed his mind or a bid came in for Flint which is acceptable 

If there's no speculation on OTIB we'd lose 99.9% of posts. Seems a shame that the relationship Flint has with the fans is potentially being soured by threads like this which are nothing more than conjecture. If he moves on then all the best to him. Amazes me that people regard football as a unique profession where players shouldn't move on to increase their earning potential and success.

2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

If that is the case then just like Kodjia his parting gift will be a fine for two weeks wages. 

A very disappointing end. 

Every player gets to handle his own exit from this club. Some are classy and ensure the status they deserve. 

Others classless and leaves a nasty taste. 

Always thought Flint would be classy but No no no... That doesn't appear to be the case. 

Notwithstanding the truth of course and me jumping to conclusions. 

Stevo

Classy like when he left Swindon? 

I refuse to believe that Flint would want anything but the best for this club who he has done outstandingly for.

I think we can all agree that he is leaving at some point during the window and to be fair, not being potentially cup-tied for his new side is IMO a fairly sensible and logical argument and one that doesn't give another club a bargaining chip for a lower price.

It's disappointing that this whole saga has been so publicly dragged about. I don't think we have handled it superbly from our side either, IMO there isn't any need to put in the public domain an article that suggests that Flint refused to play, whether it's true or not.

He has always given 100% for this club and has played almost every minute of every game over the past few seasons. I would hope he would always get a great reception from our fans wherever he eventually ends up.

The Macca interview on the main site definitely implies that Flint asked not to play. He says "He decided not to play" not "we decided not to play him". That may just have been phrasing but it doesn't paint him in a good light. Coupled with the wording on the statement and it will be interesting to hear LJ's take on it today. Who knows!?!

The whole thing smacks of a stitch-up on Flint. So he wasn't played v FC Twente and didn't start against Barnsley. Was instead brought on as a cameo for what we all assumed was goodbye.

Then suddenly LJ wants him to play a league cup game when he knows there's strong interest from another club, has said himself that "Flint's head has been turned" and the owner has gone on the radio and basically said the player is up for sale for £5m. Why the **** would you want to play him last night?

It's quite clear Flint is off so why select him for a league cup game when that would make him cup-tied and potentially effect the price we get for him?

Flint has been absolutely stitched up IMO, poor form again from the club.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The whole thing smacks of a stitch-up on Flint. So he wasn't played v FC Twente and didn't start against Barnsley. Was instead brought on as a cameo for what we all assumed was goodbye.

Then suddenly LJ wants him to play a league cup game when he knows there's strong interest from another club, has said himself that "Flint's head has been turned" and the owner has gone on the radio and basically said the player is up for sale for £5m. Why the **** would you want to play him last night?

It's quite clear Flint is off so why select him for a league cup game when that would make him cup-tied and potentially effect the price we get for him?

in your opinion, we aren't exactly struggling without him are we

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In what way?

None of us know what took place when he and LJ spoke in the afternoon and yet you claim Flint has been stitched up.............:facepalm:

As others have said maybe we'll know more a bit later on today.

Just now, Robbored said:

In what way?

None of us know what took place when he and LJ spoke in the afternoon and yet you claim Flint has been stitched up.............:facepalm:

As others have said maybe we'll know more a bit later on today.

Did you read my post? What I've done is take the evidence we have and made a judgement on how I think the club have dealt with the situation. I've clearly backed up my opinion with reasoning, yet you still ask 'in what way'? Sorry if using reasoning to back up an opinion is beyond your understanding  :facepalm:

Archived