IGNORED

Aden Flint - Badly Treated? (Too many merges to mention)

RaspberryRed

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

A few on here look a little silly now don't they?

Not sure it still paints Aden in the best light but no one will know what the conversation consisted of.

Though the facts appear to be that he was picked to start and after approaching the manager and talking to him, was subsequently not involved. 

To me asking not to be played and refusing to play aren't much different. I won't condemn him though. He's never not given 100% on the pitch and there's clearly a fair bit of complexity to the situation. 

31 minutes ago, hodge said:

We could have easily just inserted a clause saying Flint couldn't play against us if that was the only point of contention. 

Pretty sure FIFA have outlawed this - stemming from Courtious at Athletico against (his then club) Chelsea and the clause not being enforceable. Still wouldn't stop us having a 'gentlemen's agreement' with Birmingham for exactly that purpose though, I suppose. It's just the fact that if they reneged, we wouldn't have a leg to stand on, legally.  

Just now, Creg said:

Pretty sure FIFA have outlawed this - stemming from Courtious at Athletico against (his then club) Chelsea and the clause not being enforceable. Still wouldn't stop us having a 'gentlemen's agreement' with Birmingham for exactly that purpose though, I suppose. It's just the fact that if they reneged, we wouldn't have a leg to stand on, legally.  

We'd then say we wouldn't deal with them in future most likely, whether they care being part.

59 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Could it be possible that the main reason we haven't sold flint to brum yet is that we want to get our match with them out the way...

We know the club is largely PR based these days and it would t look good for flint to be lining up against us so quickly after leaving us?

Some very strange goings on with flint where LJ seems keen to hang him out to dry with one sentence before bigging him up another. Staggering that flint didn't start Saturday but then came on ad a sub ...why do that?

Wouldn't it be absolutely ideal for one of Birmingham's centre backs to have only had 1 or 2 training sessions with his new team, before they have to face us..?! 

15 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I mean what are the chances of Flint signing and playing the first game anyway? I imagine he has to meet his new team/revise tactics etc? Think it would take longer than a few days to nail down a starting 11 spot... or is Brum's team that bad?

They were good enough to beat us in May.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure it still paints Aden in the best light but no one will know what the conversation consisted of.

Though the facts appear to be that he was picked to start and after approaching the manager and talking to him, was subsequently not involved. 

To me asking not to be played and refusing to play aren't much different. I won't condemn him though. He's never not given 100% on the pitch and there's clearly a fair bit of complexity to the situation. 

Where does it say he asked not to play?

18 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It doesn't. It says that the manager selected him in the starting eleven and after a 'chat' he wasn't even in the 18.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to join the dots here. 

My point was although there's a slight difference between 'I'd rather you don't play me' and 'I'm not playing', the outcome is the same. 

30 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Kid in a riot claimed that Flint had asked not to play and slagged off the club and guess what?  It all turned out to be complete bollocks.

The Kid just shite stirring I guess...........:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It doesn't. It says that the manager selected him in the starting eleven and after a 'chat' he wasn't even in the 18.

My point was although there's a slight difference between 'I'd rather you don't play me' and 'I'm not playing', the outcome is the same. 

It's absolutely just as likely the manager thought "he's distracted and won't concentrate". That's how it's sounds to me.

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Perhaps LJ changed his mind? :ermm:

49 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It's absolutely just as likely the manager thought "he's distracted and won't concentrate". That's how it's sounds to me.

30 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Perhaps LJ changed his mind? :ermm:

Certainly possible, not trying to smear Flint at all.

But you'd think if that were the case he wouldn't have been selected at all, surely?

I read this tweet as Flint came to LJ not t'other way round.

47eb6388c0c0f17bece009c0538196b2.png

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Certainly possible, not trying to smear Flint at all.

But you'd think if that were the case he wouldn't have been selected at all, surely?

I read this tweet as Flint came to LJ not t'other way round.

47eb6388c0c0f17bece009c0538196b2.png

Well, anything could've been said by either party during that conversation for LJ to unselect him. 

Just revisiting this "throwing players under the bus" point. There has been comment in this thread that AFs "treatment" has been the same as Kodjia when he left.

My memory of Kodjia is that we played Scunthorpe on the Wednesday. He was on the bench. We then played Villa on the Saturday and he was left out pending a move. Nobody from BCFC mentioned or accused JK of refusing to play until early September, when SL confirmed he had been fined 2 weeks wages for refusing to play at Scunny. Fine was accepted ipso facto it's the truth. But he wasn't "Thrown under a bus" before leaving. In fact, he left reputation intact and the story only came out because SL had to justify the sale in view of prior comment.

Don't get me wrong, I can't say the club have been perfect in AFs (assumed) departure and JMs interview last night gave vagueness when none was needed. But to suggest the club have vendettas to destroy reputations of players with fans and make them not want to play for the club is laughable - that destroys sale value more than anything else so how in the bluest of blue hell would they gain and why would they do it...

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just revisiting this "throwing players under the bus" point. There has been comment in this thread that AFs "treatment" has been the same as Kodjia when he left.

My memory of Kodjia is that we played Scunthorpe on the Wednesday. He was on the bench. We then played Villa on the Saturday and he was left out pending a move. Nobody from BCFC mentioned or accused JK of refusing to play until early September, when SL confirmed he had been fined 2 weeks wages for refusing to play at Scunny. Fine was accepted ipso facto it's the truth. But he wasn't "Thrown under a bus" before leaving. In fact, he left reputation intact and the story only came out because SL had to justify the sale in view of prior comment.

Don't get me wrong, I can't say the club have been perfect in AFs (assumed) departure and JMs interview last night gave vagueness when none was needed. But to suggest the club have vendettas to destroy reputations of players with fans and make them not want to play for the club is laughable - that destroys sale value more than anything else so how in the bluest of blue hell would they gain and why would they do it...

From what I heard today in LJ's presser I think he was attempting to repair some of the slightly poor comments that had come out of the club (inc LJ) in the last few days.

I do think we are over-reacting to what has gone on.  But it's a forum and that's what it's for.

Thought LJ did a decent interview today.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Kid in a riot claimed that Flint had asked not to play and slagged off the club and guess what?  It all turned out to be complete bollocks.

The Kid just shite stirring I guess...........:facepalm:

I did not say Flint had asked not to play.

I said I thought that Flint had not refused to play. Pretty much the complete opposite and now it looks like I have been proven right by LJs words today.

You utter moron. :facepalm:

Archived