IGNORED

Next Round Draw

Redmycolour

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would love Rovers. Would prefer an away tie seeing as we got them at home last time. 

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It could be carnage, can we have it at theirs?

Definitely at ours! Let them see what a stadium should look like! 

Big crowd, cracking atmosphere and (hopefully) the win we want. 

Away at their crumbling shitehole anything could go wrong, we'd only get 1,200 tickets and it's a horrible place to watch football. 

Let them come and see how many light years ahead of them we really are! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Away at their crumbling shitehole anything could go wrong, we'd only get 1,200 tickets and it's a horrible place to watch football. 

I couldn't bare the thought of 2-3000 of them outsinging us at AG. Our crowd would be up for it but they'd have the entire Atyeo - could be bad.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I couldn't bare the thought of 2-3000 of them outsinging us at AG. Our crowd would be up for it but they'd have the entire Atyeo - could be bad.

Our fans have been moaning for years that the Atyeo acoustics were no good, now all of a sudden people talk like its Dortmund! 

Rovers used to have 2-3,000 in the old eastend. Bar a bit of volume, they never ousting us at AG. 

If they are in good voice, I'm sure 20,000 home fans can drown them out, until we get our 3rd goal! 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We'd only give them half the seats available.

The other half would have to be taken by a responsible adult to chaperone each of them to stop them from nicking everything that isn't bolted down.

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Our fans have been moaning for years that the Atyeo acoustics were no good, now all of a sudden people talk like its Dortmund! 

Rovers used to have 2-3,000 in the old eastend. Bar a bit of volume, they never ousting us at AG. 

If they are in good voice, I'm sure 20,000 home fans can drown them out, until we get our 3rd goal! 

The acoustics aren't good for a home side because it's disjointed now so harder to get the whole ground to sing together.

It's fine for a large block of away fans behind a goal though because their aim isn't to have the whole stadium singing along.

We are obviously up for it against Rovers, felt they outsung us in 06/07 at home (they drew I think) but we outsung them in 13/14.

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are Rovers liable for the petty damage those jealous minded ***** are likely to inflict at AG ? Also presumably City would pick up the police bill.

Would they also get a share of gate receipts?

All in all I would personally be happy to see them sunk without trace and for that reason I don't want to have City share the same pitch with them ever again.

I accept I hold the minority view !

37 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Are Rovers liable for the petty damage those jealous minded ***** are likely to inflict at AG ? Also presumably City would pick up the police bill.

All in all I would personally be happy to see them sunk without trace and for that reason I don't want to have City share the same pitch with them ever again.

I actually agree with you. No need to ever play them again. We have nothing more to gain from it. 

IF we have to play them, then I'd much rather it was at our place, to really rub their noses in it at how far we've progressed since their last visit!

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Are Rovers liable for the petty damage those jealous minded ***** are likely to inflict at AG ?

If we did get them (which is highly unlikely), if they destroyed the Atyeo, we could sue for damages (they loves a court case remember) and rebuild the Atyeo with the proceeds and no demo costs! Win win!

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

A minority perhaps but I for one agree. Those matches are no win situations for us. If we beat them they just quote our superior resources and claim a moral victory. If they beat us then we will never hear the last of it.

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

https://twitter.com/JackVittles/status/895246619481866240

'For a Bristol derby in the second round of the Carabao Cup, would need Grimsby/Derby to be made unseeded and Villa, Leeds + S'land to lose'

As the response to the tweet says, more chance of the UWE stadium going ahead than thise particular stars aligning.

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If we drew the sags, would we fill the ground?

What is the current capacity with segregation?

Presumably we would let them have enough tickets to fill the Atyeo.  How many does that hold?

there is no segregation is there?

Archived