IGNORED

cotts on sky

cityred exile

watching the Leeds v Port Vale match ,  after some 30 mins of the action  reporting that Luke Ayling  is outstanding and running the show  , Then goes on to say I know some people on here would expect me to say that !           Also on 3 occasions he  kept saying that Leeds will be a real force when they get a "right sided center half "    Is he trying to engineer a move for Flinty ?

9 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

watching the Leeds v Port Vale match ,  after some 30 mins of the action  reporting that Luke Ayling  is outstanding and running the show  , Then goes on to say I know some people on here would expect me to say that !           Also on 3 occasions he  kept saying that Leeds will be a real force when they get a "right sided center half "    Is he trying to engineer a move for Flinty ?

Or maybe he just thinks that's what they need?

Or maybe someone at Leeds has asked him about Flint... I mean they'd be mad not to look for a reference/opinion from Flint's former boss. 

Or maybe Flint wants/expects to go and has been consulting the man who brought the best spell of his career....

Nothing wrong with any of it.  

All I have to say on SC is he delivered a double winning season within a year of us looking worse than relegation fodder; we were #$%&ing abject. That LJ run never tested my patience anything close to SC's predecessor did, who almost got me to pursue other passions. 

He really, really turned us around and did such a good job in it I doubt if I will see a more successful "short term" manager at the Gate. 

He got frankly shameful support after that double winning season when he needed it. I do not expect him to speak highly of this club (except for the fan base). If he is bitter, with damn good and justifiable reason imo. Look at Andre Grey today?! How sick must he feel and how bloody foolish should some in the boardroom feel? 

I have seen people suggesting Flint is a club legend; for me he isn't, the most recent one is Steve Cotterill. Even more so if he encourages for us a big bid for a player we clearly neither need, nor want. 

23 minutes ago, 29AR said:

All I have to say on SC is he delivered a double winning season within a year of us looking worse than relegation fodder; we were #$%&ing abject. That LJ run never tested my patience anything close to SC's predecessor did, who almost got me to pursue other passions. 

He really, really turned us around and did such a good job in it I doubt if I will see a more successful "short term" manager at the Gate. 

He got frankly shameful support after that double winning season when he needed it. I do not expect him to speak highly of this club (except for the fan base). If he is bitter, with damn good and justifiable reason imo. Look at Andre Grey today?! How sick must he feel and how bloody foolish should some in the boardroom feel? 

I have seen people suggesting Flint is a club legend; for me he isn't, the most recent one is Steve Cotterill. Even more so if he encourages for us a big bid for a player we clearly neither need, nor want. 

We were def heading down again with cotterill. Landsdown was right to and had to sack him.  4 wins in 26 matches. 

Just now, redfieldred said:

We were def heading down again with cotterill. Landsdown was right to and had to sack him.  4 wins in 26 matches. 

But that neither excuses nor justifies the tools he was given for the job in the Championship.

The odds were stacked so it would be "right to sack him"; I'm not suggesting in a Machiavellian way. But lessons should have been learned. Maybe they have... our transfer policy is quite different now, no? 

6 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Don't go there. LJ had a similar run and wasn't removed, he managed to keep us up just, who knows if SC could have done the same. A lot of fans felt he deserved that chance more than what johnson did, but no point raking up old graves.

38 minutes ago, 29AR said:

For what its worth, and we're definitely a minority group, i agree with every word. :clap:

The SC era was definitely one of the strangest times in the many years I've watched city. I was at Bradford for the 6-0 promotion winning victory and thought he was in for the long haul for sure. To to go from double winning manager to not even being able to pick a full team including subs only a matter of months later is bizarre to say the least. 

10 hours ago, 29AR said:

Look at Andre Grey today?! How sick must he feel and how bloody foolish should some in the boardroom feel? 

What that Grey never wanted to come here and chose to go to a much bigger club and end up in the Prem with Burnley?  Unless you are advocating that we should have kidnapped him then i'm not sure what there is to regret, we tried to sign a player that was out of our league and strangely failed.

The failing of support for Cotts in that summer was not having someone in place who could point out the fact that he was being an idiot with the players he was bidding for and wasting all of his time on unrealistic options meaning he ended up with sod all.

He may as well have spent all summer bidding for Messi all the good it did.

The failing on the clubs part was not having someone like Ashton on board who could take the list of players that Cotts wanted and gone for any potentially realistic options that may have been on the list of targets.

4 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

What that Grey never wanted to come here and chose to go to a much bigger club and end up in the Prem with Burnley?  Unless you are advocating that we should have kidnapped him then i'm not sure what there is to regret, we tried to sign a player that was out of our league and strangely failed.

The failing of support for Cotts in that summer was not having someone in place who could point out the fact that he was being an idiot with the players he was bidding for and wasting all of his time on unrealistic options meaning he ended up with sod all.

He may as well have spent all summer bidding for Messi all the good it did.

The failing on the clubs part was not having someone like Ashton on board who could take the list of players that Cotts wanted and gone for any potentially realistic options that may have been on the list of targets.

Ashton was in place i believe but Cotts wasn't happy about the way we were going

13 minutes ago, kevthered said:

He was given the tools in league 1 and done the job ....Championship is a massive step which bless him he couldn't make...I have heard all sorts of stories of why he couldn't make it but I believe SL felt that he could not trust him and he got to cocky...Just my opinion

I think SL only saw SC as a short-term option to save us from relegation to league 2. SL said in his interview last season that he wanted a different kin of managerial setup when we got relegated from the Championship, which didn't suit the style of SC's management.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Saw SC on the screen in the Sports' Bar on Saturday…for a few seconds I forgot he wasn't our manager…:wacko:

Still miss him. Never mind. Onwards. :city:

Was that during your longer than expected stint of babysitting!? Blame the bar staff (no change there!) 

9 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Don't go there. LJ had a similar run and wasn't removed, he managed to keep us up just, who knows if SC could have done the same. A lot of fans felt he deserved that chance more than what johnson did, but no point raking up old graves.

And if some had had their way he would be a gonner, and we would not be top of the league and progressing nicely in all cup competions. 

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

And if some had had their way he would be a gonner, and we would not be top of the league and progressing nicely in all cup competions. 

Didn't we start last season in similar form. We also started the season greatly under McCines. :whistle:

I have a theory that there's a section of our support who really warmed to Cotterill - and not at all to Johnson because of how they relate to him. This totally disregards the football aspect by the way, just the personalities.

Cotterill spoke with a West Country accent (of sorts) he's a bit closer to what appears to be the average age at AG (45-55). Johnson, by comparison, may remind people of booksmart middle managers at work. Younger than them and full of fancy ideas and theories that they see as superfluous rubbish.

People come to football to escape from work and much prefer us being managed be someone they could relate to more. 

Might be total rubbish but just one theory I have about a section of our support's preference.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I have a theory that there's a group of people who really warmed to Cotterill - and not at all to Johnson because of how they relate to him. This totally disregards the football aspect by the way, just the personalities.

Cotterill spoke with a West Country accent (of sorts) he's a bit closer to what appears to be the average age at AG (45-55). Johnson, by comparison, may remind people of booksmart middle managers at work. Younger than them and full of fancy ideas and theories that they see as superfluous rubbish.

People come to football to escape from work and much prefer us being managed be someone they could relate to more. 

Might be total rubbish but just one theory I have about a section of our support's preference.

I was just about to like this PF , and then came to the highlighted words

I genuinely thought you were referring to Players rather than supporters !!!!

Fits perfectly IMHO 

Good post & liked anyway ;)

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I have a theory that there's a group of people who really warmed to Cotterill - and not at all to Johnson because of how they relate to him. This totally disregards the football aspect by the way, just the personalities.

I'm like the Aldi advert - I like both. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was just about to like this PF , and then came to the highlighted words

I genuinely thought you were referring to Players rather than supporters !!!!

Fits perfectly IMHO 

Good post & liked anyway ;)

Yeah meant the supporters but it could apply to the players too of course.

Johnson said so himself in a way - admitted he had been 'over coaching' and for our run at the end just let them go out and play.

Archived