IGNORED

Sports Bar & Pizzeria

Yozzarian

Maybe not news to all but I called the club today to see if the Sports Bar was open for the Liverpool v Watford match tomorrow or if it remained closed outside of match days; apparently the Pizzeria change is not just a re-branding but the club has actually leased out the space to another company who run this restaurant. As such, it will be open tomorrow as a restaurant but the lady on the phone didn't think Sky Sports output would be shown on the big screen.  I've always lamented the fact that custom was insufficient to keep the bar open all weekends and that the club haven't been able to turn the venue into the 'go to' destination for sports broadcasts.  At least they have found a way to increase revenue to some extent.

Can anyone suggest the best place near North St in their opinion to watch matches?  North St itself seems to deliberately avoid it.

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Their Twitter suggests they're showing Arsenal v Leicester tonight so might be worth tweeting them to ask about tomorrow: https://twitter.com/doughballers/with_replies

Their website also promotes the big screen so seems like they'd be showing it: http://www.doughballerspizzeria.co.uk/

Ah, great thanks.  The person I spoke to did seem uncertain so it may all be ok.  Got to love that big screen although sadly there is little atmosphere outside of match days when I actually really enjoy both the bar and fan park.

25 minutes ago, Neo said:

Some weirdo types don't eat cheese - wtf - so they have a veggie pizza with no binding agent.

Basically a knife and fork flatbread - what is the point? Should not be allowed !!

There's lots of weirdos around! I've heard stories of some people not eating meat! WTF. 

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

There's lots of weirdos around! I've heard stories of some people not eating meat! WTF. 

My god - where do they get their iron from? Spinach - eurghh !!

Still who wouldn't take a nice salad over a medium rare sirloin !?! :blink:

Archived