IGNORED

The Official Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day Thread

We've had two league games, lets not get carried away either way. we definately need to take our chances and manage games better. I don't know what other striking options we have for Tuesday, but we definately need a finisher. How close Taylor is to fitness?

Short term I'm more concerned that we get Flint dealt with because if he's not going to make the squad and no-ones offering £5 million, we seem to have managed to put ourselves in a can't win position with him.

• Like 1

Went today and was so impressed first half with our tempo and play. We should have buried them and we didn't they then scored a goal out of nothing. Second half our energy levels dropped and harrys subs second half immediately made an impact whilst ours didn't and we couldn't open them up like we did first half. 

On to Brentford and we will see how we handle a team who play the ball around well.

The 30 minutes after half time was the worst performance I have seen in a while. Brum changed their shape at half time and we didn't react. I'm not sure the substitutions were very effective either. Eliasson looks like he needed more time to understand our formation and patterns of play.  Diedou looked tired by about 60 minutes into the game.

First half performance was really good though. 

12 minutes ago, BS3rich said:

Still think we lack a bit of bite in CM. Will be good when Baker is in the team to partner Wright. A tad worried we might struggle against the real physical sides in this league..today being a case of that 

I thought the CM was good

Pack ran his socks off, quality with Korey

Just thought the substitutions didn't pay off as the goal came down our right side - brownhill was solid before he came off 

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We should not let us down to donkey business but need a game plan where to go from keeping the ball. Cardiff last season killed us. We looked like total idiots. Far better today. COYR!!

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We should not let us down to donkey business but need a game plan where to go from keeping the ball. Cardiff last season killed us. We looked like total idiots. Far better today. COYR!!

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

https://dontbottleitup.org.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI892rxIzS1QIVg73tCh2qLAPnEAAYAyAAEgLJEfD_BwE

3 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I thought the CM was good

Pack ran his socks off, quality with Korey

Just thought the substitutions didn't pay off as the goal came down our right side - brownhill was solid before he came off 

Did seem bit of a gamble with bringing 2 out n out wingers on together at that time. Maybe just 1 would've been better. Was hoping Hinds would come on when they went down to 10.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Such a promising third transfer window as well.

Most thought last season's transfer window was good but we only avoided relegation by 3 points. Balance players who have left / will leave (Flint) against those who have joined City and the  team isn't really much stronger.  Still time to make more signings  and hopefully LJ has learned some tactical awareness  

5 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

#DonkeyBusiness

Come on everyone, heads up. Loads of positives from the last few games. Didn't fall is today, but on another day we could have scored 4 easily. 

Everyone is so negative on here.  

A lot of positives. We where the better side but lost. We did so by keeping to try to play football. Not to fall in to their donkey business. 

Edited by bristolcitysweden
2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Thought both goals were poor in truth. First, we seemed to have a number of chances to clear it. Second, should Fielding have done better? Beaten twice by low shots outside the area. Would want to see them again told fair.

Nothing new there with Fiedling. Great servant but if we want to progress we need much better. 

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Thought both goals were poor in truth. First, we seemed to have a number of chances to clear it. Second, should Fielding have done better? Beaten twice by low shots outside the area. Would want to see them again told fair.

From behind the goal, Frankie wasn't at fault for either. Both stemmed from defensive errors. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

#DonkeyBusiness

Come on everyone, heads up. Loads of positives from the last few games. Didn't fall is today, but on another day we could have scored 4 easily. 

Everyone is so negative on here.  

First time up against some serious opposition and we lose.I can't see too many positives.

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

We lost but we where the better team and we did try to play football. That's a hughe positive.

One defeat is one defeat. We have a dire record against them. Big game on Tuesday to see how we react. Baker for me has to start away from home. No nonsense and more of a battler than Hegeler. What it did show when the two wide lads went off was how weak we are in central midfield. Still lacking a driver in there. 

• Like 3