IGNORED

Stadium Naming Rights

CyderInACan

I think this was debated before but given the financial demands of championship status (MOTD had us listed as 6th biggest spenders so far this window in this division) I wonder if Lansdown has ever considered auctioning off the naming rights for AG? I love our stadium but can't help but think that there's a large revenue stream yet to be tapped - or maybe be they're waiting for top-flight sport to return to BS3 before doing it? 

If they did rename Ashton Gate for sponsership purposes, would it really make much of a difference for us? Sure we'd hear its "new!" name on Sky News reports, the official website etc but amongst ourselves, we would probably just ignore the change and keep calling it Ashton Gate! I wouldn't mind it personally for that reason, but I appreciate other people will see it differently.

Don't think anyone would have too many issues with it being known as the Hargreaves Lansdown Ashton Gate Stadium. Would be a way of promoting the company, therefore potentially increasing their profits, increasing SL's wealth and the amount of money he can spend on a striker. 

Admittedly, doesn't roll of the tongue 

1 minute ago, Lord Northski said:

Don't think anyone would have too many issues with it being known as the Hargreaves Lansdown Ashton Gate Stadium. Would be a way of promoting the company, therefore potentially increasing their profits, increasing SL's wealth and the amount of money he can spend of a striker. 

It's the most likely outcome though. As long as it's not the Hargreaves Lansdown Bristol Sport Ashton Gate Stadium.

Sags are selling their naming rights to the makers of the household cleaning product "Finest Universal Cleanser Known" and will be known as their Official Football Franchise. They will now appear in fixture lists as F.U.C.K.O.F.F.B.R.F.C.

There was a rival bid from the makers of Best Universal Grit Grime and Effluent Remover.

(with eternal thanks to Fred Wedlock).

19 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Don't think anyone would have too many issues with it being known as the Hargreaves Lansdown Ashton Gate Stadium. Would be a way of promoting the company, therefore potentially increasing their profits, increasing SL's wealth and the amount of money he can spend on a striker. 

Steve Lansdown no longer has any managing connection with the company Hargreaves Lansdown. He owns shares, but he's not involved in the running of the company. Peter Hargreaves is still involved but as he has zero interest in football, sponsoring City is unlikely. 

41 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think this was debated before but given the financial demands of championship status (MOTD had us listed as 6th biggest spenders so far this window in this division) I wonder if Lansdown has ever considered auctioning off the naming rights for AG? I love our stadium but can't help but think that there's a large revenue stream yet to be tapped - or maybe be they're waiting for top-flight sport to return to BS3 before doing it? 

The rubbish emoji is aimed at changing the name rather than you personally. I don't really care what the individual stands are called but I'd hate the thought of our stadium not being called Ashton Gate anymore.

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Steve Lansdown no longer has any managing connection with the company Hargreaves Lansdown. He owns shares, but he's not involved in the running of the company. Peter Hargreaves is still involved but as he has zero interest in football, sponsoring City is unlikely. 

In which case. Ashton Gate is fine just like it is. 

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

yeah but if naming rights equals making a few quid.....

8 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

why Hargreaves? As far as I know he is not interested in football

Archived