IGNORED

Stadium Naming Rights

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't care either way.

I still goes down Broadmead rather than that Cabot Circus and I still Hoover rather than Dyson my carpet.

Will always be the Gate to me admnd if someone want to spend a fortune trying to call it something else then good luck to em.

You do know Hoover is a brand name for vaccums don't you...

Don't agree with selling the ground's name to the highest bidder. I instinctively hate sponsorship of any kind, and I really don't care if we miss out on loadsamoney. I was very disappointed when Barcelona finally gave in after supporting Unicef for many years. And yes, I would love to see the shirt unsponsored too. Capitalism sucks! Up the Revolution!

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:16, Septic Peg said:

Pretty sure SL would only flog to an international company with local ties. 

So that means...

Dyson

Hargreaves Lansdown 

BAE

Imperial Tobacco

Cameron Balloons

Any others?

Triads

Mafia

Yardies

Hells Angels

;) .... (imagine ...The Angel UK Chapter Stadium... :laugh:)

7 hours ago, glastonred said:

Don't agree with selling the ground's name to the highest bidder. I instinctively hate sponsorship of any kind, and I really don't care if we miss out on loadsamoney. I was very disappointed when Barcelona finally gave in after supporting Unicef for many years. And yes, I would love to see the shirt unsponsored too. Capitalism sucks! Up the Revolution!

¡hasta la victoria siempre! 

On 12/08/2017 at 14:25, Lord Northski said:

Don't think anyone would have too many issues with it being known as the Hargreaves Lansdown Ashton Gate Stadium. Would be a way of promoting the company, therefore potentially increasing their profits, increasing SL's wealth and the amount of money he can spend on a striker. 

Admittedly, doesn't roll of the tongue 

I would definitely have issues with it! Whilst I appreciate SL's ownership, I think to trade our official stadium name for money would be terrible. 

2 hours ago, CityLew said:

I would definitely have issues with it! Whilst I appreciate SL's ownership, I think to trade our official stadium name for money would be terrible. 

Oh I think we all agree that we'd prefer it not to happen. It's more of the case of whether it's terrible or unfortunate or a little bit of an annoyance.

The game is so bent out of shape with the likes of nasty little agents screwing everyone for millions, betting companies trying to get everyone addicted to gambling (albeit responsibly- my arse) and TV and drink companies doing likewise that the thought of a few quid coming in from something else doesn't upset me too much. 

Take your point though. You've got standards and reached your straw that breaks the camels back point. A person of principle, good on you Sir. 

On 8/12/2017 at 14:23, Wanderingred said:

If they did rename Ashton Gate for sponsership purposes, would it really make much of a difference for us? Sure we'd hear its "new!" name on Sky News reports, the official website etc but amongst ourselves, we would probably just ignore the change and keep calling it Ashton Gate! I wouldn't mind it personally for that reason, but I appreciate other people will see it differently.

This guy knows.

Plus superfans would be outraged and threaten to boycott, only to still buy a season ticket next year.

Archived