IGNORED

Hegelar

Forever Red 94

Obviously a decent footballer, and technically sound. But you wont convince me he is a cb. To weak for his size and not clever enough, brums second goal, once the player went inside he needed to fly out to challenge him and take him out if he needed to or drop and defend the space he was trying to attack. In the end he did neither and the player waltzed past him to have a pop at goal. Baker needs to partner wright for me.

1 minute ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Stop scapegoating players after one poor game, Hegler is a good CB, the team as a collective were poor today , he'll eventually be phased out for Baker anyway

He's a good-ish midfielder imo, no evidence he's a good CB.

Baker should have started instead of him today.

Think he OP is entitled to their opinion FFS!

Personally I don't like it when you can't identify a players natural position. The saying 'Jack of all trades, master of none' comes to mind!

Its ok I guess when a player is filling in for a game or two so hopefully the Baker and Wright partnership can commence in the week.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Personally I don't like it when you can't identify a players natural position. The saying 'Jack of all trades, master of none' comes to mind!

Its ok I guess when a player is filling in for a game or two so hopefully the Baker and Wright partnership can commence in the week.

Not difficult with Hegeler - midfield.

The votes are coming in for Scapegoat of the Match ;

It's Frankie  in third place, just failing to hold on to second .

Young Bobby misses out on first ,putting his votes  just wide but  the winner is

Jens Hegeler . Well done Jens . :clap:Nobody wants cultivated footballers at Centre Back . Hack"em down and welly it is what we want , none of this fancy Dan passing . :disapointed2se:

3 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Not a matter scape goating. Just a fact. Equally Bobby should have scored  at least one in second half.  Birmingham fans were very complimentary  saying what a good side we have, and they are right. Annoyed my Mrs cleaned me out in shops as Brum got 3 points should have been ours. 

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

To be fair, I entirely agree that Hegeler is not the answer at Centre Half. But to be fair I don't think Johnson does either, or he wouldn't have bought Baker. But after Barnsley he wasn't going to change much, especially at the back

Lots of people in this thread seeming to struggle with what a scapegoat is.  He doesn't look a particularly comfortable centre half to me as he doesn't have the right positional instinct (not surprising given he's rarely played there).  I think he should be battling for a midfield slot with Smith and Pack.  That's not his fault, and I can't see anybody saying it is.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not difficult with Hegeler - midfield.

Agreed, think he would work well at the base of a 3 man midfield with smith and brownhill either side of him to do his running. His football ability would allow him to control the game there. He just doesnt have the strength and presence of.mind to play cb

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

To be fair, I entirely agree that Hegeler is not the answer at Centre Half. But to be fair I don't think Johnson does either, or he wouldn't have bought Baker. But after Barnsley he wasn't going to change much, especially at the back

You're being overly fair.

Just now, Nibor said:

Lots of people in this thread seeming to struggle with what a scapegoat is.  He doesn't look a particularly comfortable centre half to me as he doesn't have the right positional instinct (not surprising given he's rarely played there).  I think he should be battling for a midfield slot with Smith and Pack.  That's not his fault, and I can't see anybody saying it is.

Well I will say it, I agree fully with you on this one, he is not a scapegoat and he is only a stop gap centre back.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Young Bobby misses out on first ,putting his votes  just wide but in the winner is

Jens Hegeler . Well done Jens . :clap:Nobody wants cultivated footballers at Centre Back . Hack"em down and welly it is what we want , none of this fancy Dan passing . :disapointed2se:

Having a ball playing centre half is all well and good but whats the point if he cant hold his own physically. If its a choice between take the player out or.let him waltz in for a free shot its take him out every time for me

40 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Young Bobby misses out on first ,putting his votes  just wide but  the winner is

Callum O'Dowda is the new title holder, judging by the match thread. To be fair it was vacant since the departure of Mark Little, so it's about time it was filled. 

Matty Taylor has some work to do when he gets fit.

Archived