IGNORED

Fielding

Ashton98

A new keeper is a must if we want a good season. Can't seem to save long shots or claim balls, his distribution is also very poor. We need a keeper that gives the crowd and players confidence, someone would make the box his although I think the team played very well and was unlucky to leave with nothing. On to Tuesday!

Just now, Eastside Moonwalker said:

We do need a good keeper but the Gardner goal wasn't his fault, he was left wide open .

second goal he couldn't really have saved either to be honest. We do need a good starting keeper as a Priority if we wanna go up but I don't think he's to blame for this match 

I think the second he could've done a lot better with,  was keepers side.

Fielding for me is an alright keeper,  good days few and far between but fairly mistake free, but you always feel like a better keeper would have kept out 10-15 goals a season that they've conceded. It's similar to Carson at Derby really.

For me we have other priorities to sign, but an upgrade at GK isn't a bad thing either.

Just now, JonDolman said:

First goal he didn't even dive. Second one other keepers would have saved. Was the most important position to strengthen in at the start of the window. I understand it might have been hard getting in the targets. Just need to make sure we get one in soon.

way too many similar to the first goal gets passed frankie, I think reading done it 3 times in one game, bench for me

31 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

A new keeper is a must if we want a good season. Can't seem to save long shots or claim balls, his distribution is also very poor. We need a keeper that gives the crowd and players confidence, someone would make the box his although I think the team played very well and was unlucky to leave with nothing. On to Tuesday!

Been saying this for months. Has contributed to the club but was a weak link in League One let alone the Championship. Not one of City's better keepers.

20 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

Although he wasn't solely to blame he was partly to blame. Just seems we conceded a lot of long shots that other keepers in the league would save.

i think players see him in the goal and think its worth a pop from distance and too often they score

8 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Been saying this for months. Has contributed to the club but was a weak link in League One let alone the Championship. Not one of City's better keepers.

A weak link in League One?

Played every single minute of the season in a team that won the league with 99 points and the JPT, what sort of "weak link" is that?

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Played every single minute of the season in a team that won the league with 99 points and the JPT, what sort of "weak link" is that?

One that doesn't command his area and has the worst distribution of any keeper I've ever seen.

Fielding doesn't fill me with confidence at all, two reasons.  One is his size and the other is his kicking.  However he does pull off some good reaction saves and I don't think I could blame him for any of the three goals we've conceded.  I do think we should be trying to sign a permanent keeper to battle with him (i.e. one we expect to be better, giving Fielding a fair chance to keep the shirt).

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Not saying Frankie was the weak link in the treble season but every team has a weak link , a vulnerable area that opponents will try to exploit . 

Archived