IGNORED

Flint sitiation...how does it get resolved (even more merging)

The Humble Realist

Clearly needs sorting out...got our best defender arguably best player not even involved with the first team. 

If he ends up staying how many points might ir cost us and what might the damage be on the dressing room. 

If he goes then how soon and will we get in an equally good replacement ?

Also why on earth did LJ involve him last Saturday only to now say he can't be involved...you'd think it would be one or the other. If another club don't bid an appropriate amount will LJ leave him out of the side and squad until January?!

Don't see whose winning with this current set up...we are missing a top centre back and flint is isolated (so both parties lose currently )

How do we see the situation actually being resolved ?

We'll end up selling him towards the end of August.  The price we get will depend on our desperation to sell vs the buying club's desperation to buy.  We haven't helped ourselves much here.

There's an outside chance nobody will come up with an acceptable bid in which case it will be difficult.  Flint's always been committed but he could well take umbrage at some of the goings on this summer, much will depend on his character and relationship with the coach and club.

Flint needs to man up and play to his best ability for City whilst still our player.

LJ clearly said in interview after the match that he could only play those who were committed to the team and that is why Flint wasn't playing.

If that is the case the club should discipline him financially or, worst case scenario, sack him and sue him and his agent for loss of his fee.

He has forfeited any sympathy I had for him; simply another very greedy young man

Can't see him staying here, it seems obvious that he's set his heart on the big pay rise he's been promised by his agent and ( I'm presuming) Birmingham City. 

The only way I see him staying is if SL says he would match what Brum have offered him,  I can't see that happening, and wouldn't like that to happen either.

The fact is City are still paying his wages if he plays or not, what is he on a week,  £10,000, £15,000?  I don't know, someone ITK may.  What I am saying is,  if as LJ said in his RB post match interview that he won't play him because he won't be playing for the badge and he has to think of the best interest of the club, so what is the point in keeping him with us? Surely as he only cost the club £300,000, I think, then sell him even if it is a lower offer than they want.  I don't mean a stupid low fee, but if Brum's valuation is 3 or 4 Mil then accept it and free the wages for another player who will play for the club.  Otherwise he will still be with us until January and how much will that cost the club in wages for a player who will either not be involved or sat on the bench week after week.   Not good business IMO.

9 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The fact is City are still paying his wages if he plays or not, what is he on a week,  £10,000, £15,000?  I don't know, someone ITK may.  What I am saying is,  if as LJ said in his RB post match interview that he won't play him because he won't be playing for the badge and he has to think of the best interest of the club, so what is the point in keeping him with us? Surely as he only cost the club £300,000, I think, then sell him even if it is a lower offer than they want.  I don't mean a stupid low fee, but if Brum's valuation is 3 or 4 Mil then accept it and free the wages for another player who will play for the club.  Otherwise he will still be with us until January and how much will that cost the club in wages for a player who will either not be involved or sat on the bench week after week.   Not good business IMO.

It's all bluff and double bluff , its how it works. He will be gone before the window shuts and for what we want.

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I know what you say is a practible solution, but isn't this exactly what Harry Redknapp is hoping will happen? 

Unsettle the player by telling his agent how big wages he will get, then put in bids for him knowing these fall far short of how much we value the player. 

If we give in on our asking price then we as a club become a soft touch, and what Redknapp is doing will happen in the future with other City players.

1 minute ago, cityred exile said:

I cannot see on todays evidence why Brum  need him   there man Roberts who they got from Barnsley  is the spitting image of Flinty  SO please say NO NO NO  Aden if you must go  then A Premier club only  !

Unlikely in the extreme. At best decent ish Champ club.

I don't really see too much of an issue as yet in terms of how the team has played to date without him.

If he isn't sold then he will need to earn his place back. That could either come quickly through injury or we aren't coping. At the moment I think we will cope.

49 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Clearly needs sorting out...got our best defender arguably best player not even involved with the first team. 

If he ends up staying how many points might ir cost us and what might the damage be on the dressing room. 

Also why on earth did LJ involve him last Saturday only to now say he can't be involved...you'd think it would be one or the other. If another club don't bid an appropriate amount will LJ leave him out of the side and squad until January?!

Don't see whose winning with this current set up...we are missing a top centre back and flint is isolated (so both parties lose currently )

Johnson Out

46 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Not our best defender, miles off being our best player. I love the bloke but I hope he leaves so we stop having the same moribund thread going round and round...

It is obvious aden wants out. If not why has he not come out and say I don't want to leave. I would sell him for 3 to 4 million. Good player as he is but to be honest he is not worth anymore.  This can't drag on as in the end it will unsettle the rest of the team as we all know he is very popular in the dressing room. 

Archived