IGNORED

Flint sitiation...how does it get resolved (even more merging)

The Humble Realist

It's a bit of a pickle really. LJ has made Bailey-Wright captain (why?) but on today's showing I've got severe doubts he's up to the standard. He's certainly no Flint. I Thought he was desperate today. He struggled to complete even the simplest of passes. Hegeler did well but I'm not convinced he's a centre back. By a mile Flint and Baker are the best pairing but it's clear Flint is after the money. So I think he will go very soon.

1 minute ago, Corsham Alf said:

It's a bit of a pickle really. LJ has made Bailey-Wright captain (why?) but on today's showing I've got severe doubts he's up to the standard. He's certainly no Flint. I Thought he was desperate today. He struggled to complete even the simplest of passes. Hegeler did well but I'm not convinced he's a centre back. By a mile Flint and Baker are the best pairing but it's clear Flint is after the money. So I think he will go very soon.

Thought it was a weird move too. Should've gone straight to Korey. 

Im trying my best to like Wright, no doubting his passion (I think he'd elbow his own mum in the face to win a header!!) but he's so naive at times. The amount of stupid fouls he gives away is unreal. 

49 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

I cannot see on todays evidence why Brum  need him   there man Roberts who they got from Barnsley  is the spitting image of Flinty  SO please say NO NO NO  Aden if you must go  then A Premier club only  !

Brum appear to be the only club to make a bid. The early talk of Boro and Leeds, even Burnley and WBA, came to nothing.

Presumably his agent thought there would be a queue of clubs after him. Can't be good for his ego to find there's only one.

2 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Bit harsh on Hegeler. Not sure he's a long term solution at CB but in comparison to Bailey Wright he looked like a world beater today. 

Its funny how people see it differently. I personally am amazed at the faith shown in Bailey Wright. Strange choice of captain for me. Has the turning span of an oil tanker and couldn't pass water. He puts us under so much pressure by his lack of distribution and he constantly gives away needless and stupid free kicks. Don't understand how so many can write Flint off, a proven centre half in this division in favour of this bloke. Surely no coincidence he couldn't get in at Preston.

I don't want to get drawn into too negativity at this stage after a superb first 45 today. Arguably some of the best football I have seen a City side play in years. No point getting to down and of course I hope Wright/Hegeler go on to prove many wrong, including myself.

26 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Love Flinty, modern City legend.

But we sell him for a decent amount and move on with Wright (who I think is brilliant), Hegeler, Baker, Moore, Vyner. Best for all parties. 'Mon you reds.

You clearly were not watching today's match. B-Wright was simply awful. He simply cannot complete even basic passes and has the turning circle of the QE2. For me he should never have been made Captain. How can LJ drop him now??

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Can see it now,end of the season and he's at Birmingham and they have confirmed safety and he's asked the question do you hope Bristol city stay up :fear:

He'd say yes, no doubt about it.

His incredulous 'No. No. No' outburst about Swindon was in an on pitch interview directly after a match where their fans had given him really venomous stick all game and were audibly chanting he was a '****' in the background as he spoke. Adding the tunnel altercations between the players in the away fixture and the annoyance at their after match celebrations it's clear he had little love for that club.

By contrast, Flint's relationship with BCFC and the majority of City fans - despite a few untypical comments on here - is one of genuine mutual respect and affection built up over 4 seasons when he has become a very popular almost ever present rock of the team. He's also tasted success here which will be a fond career memory forever.

Unless some City fans give him really bad sustained abuse on Twitter, or he is singled out for mass abuse when we play his next club, I'd suggest Flint will always wish this club all the best and only have happy memories of Bristol City F.C. and Bristol City fans, and would never say anything in the future to tarnish that.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Legend ?  Really?? In the week that a real City legend passed away, Alec Eisenstrager, I for one find this and similar comments slightly offensive

Nothing offensive about it at all - each of them can be a legend in the eyes of different generations of City fans can't they?

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He'd say yes, no doubt about it.

His incredulous 'No. No. No' outburst about Swindon was in an on pitch interview directly after a match where their fans had given him really venomous stick all game and were audibly chanting he was a '****' in the background as he spoke. Adding the tunnel altercations between the players in the away fixture and the annoyance at their after match celebrations it's clear he had little love for that club.

By contrast, Flint's relationship with BCFC and the majority of City fans - despite a few untypical comments on here - is one of genuine mutual respect and affection built up over 4 seasons when he has become a very popular almost ever present rock of the team. He's also tasted success here which will be a fond career memory forever.

Unless some City fans give him really bad sustained abuse on Twitter, or he is singled out for mass abuse when we play his next club, I'd suggest Flint will always wish this club all the best and only have happy memories of Bristol City F.C. and Bristol City fans, and would never say anything in the future to tarnish that.

As much as I'm not a fan of Swindon or the planks who live there if Flint was hurt by morons on twitter over the decent Swindon fans who supported him then as the bond theme goes it's just a little bit of history repeating 

Bot sure if I've missed somethjng but Flint has never kicked up a fuss. Blues have been noisy and unsettled him....but that's it. If he wants to go....off he goes. If Barca can't hang on to Neymar we're all sunk.

Will he go? Dunno

Does he want to go? Dunno

Is he unsettled? Yes

Do I want him to stay? Yes

Conclusion: Every club faces this situation sooner or later. We're doing it to a certain Luton striker atm. How do you solve it? Players have the power.... perhaps[s too much. I like Aden Flint. I hope he stays, but no one is irreplacable

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Legend ?  Really?? In the week that a real City legend passed away, Alec Eisenstrager, I for one find this and similar comments slightly offensive

Everyone has their own ideas of who are "legends" or not. A 15 goal in one season's "double" winning side is pretty legendary by today's standards. Remember no one sticks around at one club for so long these days. Flint is a City legend for me, and i've been going for pushing 50 years (I'm not so old, i started young :laugh:)

PLUS "Aden , I'm sure you'd like to see Swindon go up with you...

NO NO NO  PRetty legendary, if you ask me.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As much as I'm not a fan of Swindon or the planks who live there if Flint was hurt by morons on twitter over the decent Swindon fans who supported him then as the bond theme goes it's just a little bit of history repeating 

Not many of those 'decent Swindon fans' were at the AG fixture then - I was in the Enclosure near their end and the abuse was just about unanimous.

He never had the relationship with Swindon fans or club that he's forged over the years at AG, and I can't see City fans ever turning against him en masse.

Too many good memories over a long period and too much respect for that.

In fact I expect Flint to get a really warm reception from the vast majority should he appear at AG in opposition colours and that he'll stay at the end to genuinely applaud all sides of the ground.

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not many of those 'decent Swindon fans' were at the AG fixture then - I was in the Enclosure near their end and the abuse was just about unanimous.

He never had the relationship with Swindon fans or club that he's forged over the years at AG, and I can't see City fans ever turning against him en masse.

Too many good memories over a long period and too much respect for that.

In fact I expect Flint to get a really warm reception from the vast majority should he appear at AG in opposition colours and that he'll stay at the end to genuinely applaud all sides of the ground.

No doubt he will and no they weren't at AG,but I know season ticket holders at Swindon bless em and they haven't a bad word to say about Flint ,of course your going off that one game and it's understandable but Jesus 

42 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone or belittle any players performance in a city shirt over the years but I've never witnessed a division 1(or equivalent) title winning season and for me Flint in his own way goes down as a legend as does Shaun Taylor, Jackie,Goater,Bob Taylor,Tinion,Kodjia,Cole,Abraham and I loved (and hoped we'd of had more of Tomlin and Greg  Goodridge at their best). (Yes i know I've forgotten some).I feel that Aden always gave his all whilst not the most technically gifted ,but he saved games and won many with his goals. For me a city legend!!!If I'd seen Alec I'm sure he would have been on my list but I've only seen city since the late 80's. (I did think the younger more politically correct were more easily offended) Sorry Ivor.                        I'm just going to add Steve Cotterell to my personal city legends for the most entertaining and successful year in my city years. 

42 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No doubt he will and no they weren't at AG,but I know season ticket holders at Swindon bless em and they haven't a bad word to say about Flint ,of course your going off that one game and it's understandable but Jesus 

But Jesus..... what?

Did you 'rubbish' my post?

Harsh, anyway have a bin back, and some manky recycling with it. :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Flint needs to man up and play to his best ability for City whilst still our player.

LJ clearly said in interview after the match that he could only play those who were committed to the team and that is why Flint wasn't playing.

If that is the case the club should discipline him financially or, worst case scenario, sack him and sue him and his agent for loss of his fee.

He has forfeited any sympathy I had for him; simply another very greedy young man

Surprised that you believe these things, this "one sided" info has always been forth coming since way back Basso etc, and more recently Ayling, Freeman, Tomlin, even Wilbs who one minute has a 1 years contract then wants "to go home" there are other strange things going on like; Taylors, Durics groins and the Engval situation. We don't know what is going on, we only know what the club says.

Flinty has been a colossus for us and would run through brick walls, he was also prominent in pre-season training and bonding in Tenerife, even now has been seen in the stands and around the bench area supporting the players......but it seems is not committed to the team......yeah right.

If anyone was head hunted by another club or company, and they offered more money, better terms, should they not be at least interested; its certainly not right that their current club or company should ignore them. I cant see that Flint has done nothing wrong myself, apart from seeing that other clubs have expressed interest in him, has he put in a transfer request ? asked to be moved even ?

If a company offered you more and better would you not look at least?   

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Surprised that you believe these things, this "one sided" info has always been forth coming since way back Basso etc, and more recently Ayling, Freeman, Tomlin, even Wilbs who one minute has a 1 years contract then wants "to go home" there are other strange things going on like; Taylors, Durics groins and the Engval situation. We don't know what is going on, we only know what the club says.

Flinty has been a colossus for us and would run through brick walls, he was also prominent in pre-season training and bonding in Tenerife, even now has been seen in the stands and around the bench area supporting the players......but it seems is not committed to the team......yeah right.

If anyone was head hunted by another club or company, and they offered more money, better terms, should they not be at least interested; its certainly not right that their current club or company should ignore them. I cant see that Flint has done nothing wrong myself, apart from seeing that other clubs have expressed interest in him, has he put in a transfer request ? asked to be moved even ?

If a company offered you more and better would you not look at least?   

I tend to agree with your assessment of Aden (I don`t buy into the conspiracy theories about why other players have left in the past though or the injuries we currently have) but this sentence is a bit of a red herring IMO. If he puts in a transfer request he stand to lose out financially in a major way so he would be a fool to do so unless he was 100% certain that another club were going to sign him.

The longer this goes on the harder it will be for aden to play for city. Lee won't pick him and I won't blame him if he doesn't.  He is right he needs players totally committed to the club. If aden does not want to move he has to say if not sell him to brum. After all there does not appear to be a queue to sign him. It needs sorting this week only my opinion before my 2 non mates slag me off.

Just now, cynic said:

The closer we get to the window closing, the more clubs will be in for him imo.

Whatever, it would seem that Flint is on his way so time to move on - best of luck to him, I hope he gets a good deal.

Brentford up next, business as usual :chant6ez:

You may be right, though we may have to drop our price and/or he may have to reduce his wage demands.

It seems odd though that none of the other clubs alleged to have been interested appear to have made a bid. Could it be his agent planted those names in the media? Surely not? :whistle:

Time to move on.  Yes Harry is a master of  wheeling and dealing, saying he's lost interest in Flint. Let Flint go with our best wishes £5m + 25% future sell on fee. Don't let the last  couple of weeks spoil our relationship with him. Good servant to the club and importantly the fans , win or lose always one to applaud the fans at the end of a game.  

25 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Still don't think 'arry actually wanted him, the bids struck me as a pop at his own board and the budget he was given.

Can't see him going for much at all now, I'd be livid with my agent if I were Flint.

Here's a scenario I could imagine.

Flint has a great game at Brighton, helped by them pumping high balls into the box. Last game of the season and is on Sky. Pundits big him up and he gets MOM.

Agent gets carried away and promises Flint he can get him a much bigger deal as plenty of clubs will want him now. Flint sees one last chance for a big payday so says go ahead.

Turns out only one club has serious interest, but not enough to meet the price. Agent tries again to drum up interest but no takers, leaving him with one very disgruntled client. Client sacks agent and has to decide whether to knuckle down or sulk.

And, of course, LJ gets the blame. :shifty:

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Here's a scenario I could imagine.

Flint has a great game at Brighton, helped by them pumping high balls into the box. Last game of the season and is on Sky. Pundits big him up and he gets MOM.

Agent gets carried away and promises Flint he can get him a much bigger deal as plenty of clubs will want him now. Flint sees one last chance for a big payday so says go ahead.

Turns out only one club has serious interest, but not enough to meet the price. Agent tries again to drum up interest but no takers, leaving him with one very disgruntled client. Client sacks agent and has to decide whether to knuckle down or sulk.

And, of course, LJ gets the blame. :shifty:

Spot on mate. This has been my take on the whole sorry saga from the start.

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Time to move on.  Yes Harry is a master of  wheeling and dealing, saying he's lost interest in Flint. Let Flint go with our best wishes £5m + 25% future sell on fee. Don't let the last  couple of weeks spoil our relationship with him. Good servant to the club and importantly the fans , win or lose always one to applaud the fans at the end of a game.  

Can't imagine the 25% sell on fee would net us much more than a round of drinks at the Xmas party, if that, given his age.

Surely the 25% is based on profit?

Archived