IGNORED

Officials No Better Again

AppyDAZE

Only 2 league games in, but it seems the standard of officiating is woefully below par still.

Not there today, but even our commentary team on R Bristol thought we were getting the decicions (especially first half) and then a harsh red card...

Worse still, tonight's TV game Boro v Shef Utd.  Sheffield cheated out of a deserved away, injury time point by a lino who seemed hell bent on pleasing the onwatching Boro fans behind him by flagging offside when there is no way there was one. Think it's gonna be a frustrating season again

Inconsistency from the officials again today, I couldn't see the difference between fouls that were given and some that weren't not just against us.

If you are giving a foul for shirt pulling at least do it every time so we know where we stand

22 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Only 2 league games in, but it seems the standard of officiating is woefully below par still.

Not there today, but even our commentary team on R Bristol thought we were getting the decicions (especially first half) and then a harsh red card...

Worse still, tonight's TV game Boro v Shef Utd.  Sheffield cheated out of a deserved away, injury time point by a lino who seemed hell bent on pleasing the onwatching Boro fans behind him by flagging offside when there is no way there was one. Think it's gonna be a frustrating season again

Strong word Cheated. Officials get things wrong but I don't think any of them go out and think I am going to Cheat Sheffield United out of a goal. 

As for putting pressure on officials it's all part of the game in that you know decisions you get at home you won't get away.

23 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

In regards to the Sheff Utd 'Goal' yes it should of stood but it was a very very soft free kick in first place, either way the officials were in the wrong, Sheff U score Boro would be annoyed at the decision.

11 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

Strong word Cheated. Officials get things wrong but I don't think any of them go out and think I am going to Cheat Sheffield United out of a goal. 

As for putting pressure on officials it's all part of the game in that you know decisions you get at home you won't get away.

Fair point. Not cheating, but dreadful lino on the day. Flagged once when the guy was 5 yards ON.

Archived