IGNORED

Trouble after Boro v Sheff Utd

Lanterne Rouge

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently so. Sad really.

it will never go away. Personally would love the opposition to come into home pubs and visa versa for a few beers and a laugh. Personally i thinkby not allowing away fans in and around Ashton Gate stirs the trouble up.

Then wander, meet groups home fans, it kicks off

As an exile, I regularly visit Maidenhead United. Last season in the Conference South they were allowed to sell beer and drink it in the stands and there was no segregation. I went to 6/7 games and saw no problems.

This season, in the Conference National there has to be segregation and beer is not allowed to be sold in sight of the pitch. At the first home game stewards struggled to keep the Wrexham and home fans apart and police had to make their way over. There was much more swearing and a generally more hostile atmosphere and many around me were commenting on home more "tribal" it felt. 

It's an interesting comparison between segregation and non-segregation, in games where attendances have been largely similar to the end of last season.

24 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

As an exile, I regularly visit Maidenhead United. Last season in the Conference South they were allowed to sell beer and drink it in the stands and there was no segregation. I went to 6/7 games and saw no problems.

This season, in the Conference National there has to be segregation and beer is not allowed to be sold in sight of the pitch. At the first home game stewards struggled to keep the Wrexham and home fans apart and police had to make their way over. There was much more swearing and a generally more hostile atmosphere and many around me were commenting on home more "tribal" it felt. 

It's an interesting comparison between segregation and non-segregation, in games where attendances have been largely similar to the end of last season.

Amazing the difference it makes to the 'hard men' when there's a wall of Police between 2 rival sets of supporters at all levels.  I wonder why that might be? :fear:

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-40915617

I really thought we`d left all this crap back in the eighties. Things like this really don`t help stuff like the safe standing campaign do they?

I don't really see what bearing numpties outside the ground trying to fight has on safe standing inside the stadium?

The eyewitness here:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/police-officer-hospitalised-children-injured-13469930

says the fans didn't even get at each other, just bravely lobbed stuff from behind the police.

I think it shows how far the game has come that this actually gets reported on; not so long ago it was part and parcel of every away trip to see such confrontations, and you certainly wouldn't hear about it in the media subsequently.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-40915617

I really thought we`d left all this crap back in the eighties. Things like this really don`t help stuff like the safe standing campaign do they?

Scum. Keep it out of the grounds. If people wanna kick each others heads in thats up to them but no excuse for kicking off around kids.

54 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Amazing the difference it makes to the 'hard men' when there's a wall of Police between 2 rival sets of supporters at all levels.  I wonder why that might be? :fear:

Remember a Cardiff fan getting through the lines, looking surprised as **** and running back. Most of these lot (myself included) would leg it from an actual confrontation.

7 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Remember a Cardiff fan getting through the lines, looking surprised as **** and running back. Most of these lot (myself included) would leg it from an actual confrontation.

I'm happy to take the mick out of 20 chimpanzees who are playing with their own excrement (and other things) at the zoo, pretty sure I wouldn't do it in the wild though!

Sheffield wed fans friendly? last time I went there when we took around 3,500, we lost 1 nil they kicked off by the away end, next season they had a coach going pass the luckwell giving it the big one, United have never got over us winning the play-off game we sent them down,Sheffield is like any football town, city but will never go there again 

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

I don't really see what bearing numpties outside the ground trying to fight has on safe standing inside the stadium?

The eyewitness here:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/police-officer-hospitalised-children-injured-13469930

says the fans didn't even get at each other, just bravely lobbed stuff from behind the police.

I think it shows how far the game has come that this actually gets reported on; not so long ago it was part and parcel of every away trip to see such confrontations, and you certainly wouldn't hear about it in the media subsequently.

Because, in the eyes of the decision makers who wouldn`t go anywhere near a match unless it was in the Royal Box at Wembley, it reinforces the `all football fans are scum and don`t deserve any concessions` mindset that they have.

Its not just football is is though ? Eg. 25 lads and lasses come to Bristol for a night out from say baardiff and it will kick off, its all over the country just its convenient for those in higher echelons of society to blame football. Every city in England has its fair share of ****ts on a Saturday, i know and the 4 inch scar on my head shows it. Why not have a sign saying fighting that way, football this way. The two dont belong together

Archived