IGNORED

Red Shorts

richwwtk

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Has anyone blamed the red shorts for Saturday's defeat yet?

The two different reds looks awful on the highlights, should have worn the away kit or at least had shorts made for this kit rather than re-using last seasons.

I thought it was just me who picked up on the two shades of red. Looked awful.

Don't like the all red kit, never have, and 2 different reds seems even worse. I know it dates back to the 60s but for me, when I envisage City, we play in red tops & white shorts. There is even school of thought that our poor form last season was due to playing in red shorts...

Otherwise if there is a potential kit issue, play in our "away" colours. Purple & green - a classic no one else is going to match!!

10 hours ago, BigTone said:

I thought it was just me who picked up on the two shades of red. Looked awful.

I noticed this during the game but decided it was my hangover. I am glad I wasn't going mad.

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Don't like the all red kit, never have, and 2 different reds seems even worse. I know it dates back to the 60s but for me, when I envisage City, we play in red tops & white shorts. There is even school of thought that our poor form last season was due to playing in red shorts...

Otherwise if there is a potential kit issue, play in our "away" colours. Purple & green - a classic no one else is going to match!!

Will always be ALL Red for me - as it was in late 60's

I don't mind all red away from home when the other team has white shorts, although I'd rather see us in black shorts in those circumstances. 

I really dislike all red as our home kit and it also annoys me when we wear all red away when there is no need, like I recall us doing at Derby and another couple of times during our last spell in the Championship. 

On 8/14/2017 at 23:34, sglosbcfc said:

The majority of City kits throughout history have been red shirts white shorts and red socks.

I don't disagree, but when I first went to Ashton Gate, City were wearing ALL RED, and it's my preferred choice.

Archived