IGNORED

Ryanair

BigTone

Wonder if they will actually introduce a breathalyser test for passengers they think might cause trouble? I dare say the move would create some negative publicity for a bit, but does the profit on booze get wiped out when a plane has to divert because of disturbance?

11 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Wonder if they will actually introduce a breathalyser test for passengers they think might cause trouble? I dare say the move would create some negative publicity for a bit, but does the profit on booze get wiped out when a plane has to divert because of disturbance?

Never had a problem with RyanAir r.e. drinking policy until our holiday this year. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a few pre-flight beers in the airport, all part of the holiday experience IMO, but I'm not a d!ck about it who overindulges. After what I witnessed, it has to be stopped because British people (namely English & Welsh) can't control themselves and also get billy big bo**ocks around their mates when readying themselves for holiday.

I witnessed a stag party from Wales being offensive to women verbally, which included them throwing magazines and newspapers in the plane, one of which almost hit my partner. Staff did nothing.

2 other gents from Bristol couldn't walk or stand up for extended periods, they were that drunk. They said some extremely explicit stuff to 2 women who complained to both RyanAir staff and the plane Captain, yet the individuals were miraculously still allowed to fly (not exaggerating when I say they were legless). When the plane landed they verbally abused a Portuguese family with kids all to do with overhead baggage storage, it was not nice. Other passengers had to intervene whilst staff stood there and did nothing.

I'm not an old boring fart, we were all young 'us on a plane bound to Albufeira for a good time, but after enduring a horrid flight, I'd be all in favour of banning booze or at least breathalyzing troublesome passengers and stopping them from boarding. Age old phrase of "everyone likes a drink, nobody likes a drunk".

6 hours ago, SARJ said:

Never had a problem with RyanAir r.e. drinking policy until our holiday this year. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a few pre-flight beers in the airport, all part of the holiday experience IMO, but I'm not a d!ck about it who overindulges. After what I witnessed, it has to be stopped because British people (namely English & Welsh) can't control themselves and also get billy big bo**ocks around their mates when readying themselves for holiday.

I witnessed a stag party from Wales being offensive to women verbally, which included them throwing magazines and newspapers in the plane, one of which almost hit my partner. Staff did nothing.

2 other gents from Bristol couldn't walk or stand up for extended periods, they were that drunk. They said some extremely explicit stuff to 2 women who complained to both RyanAir staff and the plane Captain, yet the individuals were miraculously still allowed to fly (not exaggerating when I say they were legless). When the plane landed they verbally abused a Portuguese family with kids all to do with overhead baggage storage, it was not nice. Other passengers had to intervene whilst staff stood there and did nothing.

I'm not an old boring fart, we were all young 'us on a plane bound to Albufeira for a good time, but after enduring a horrid flight, I'd be all in favour of banning booze or at least breathalyzing troublesome passengers and stopping them from boarding. Age old phrase of "everyone likes a drink, nobody likes a drunk".

They shouldn't have been allowed on board in that condition. In an emergency their incapacity could cause deaths to other passengers who are trying to leave the stricken plane. 

7 hours ago, SARJ said:

Been on more stags than I can count and been pissed on planes on most of them.  Delays are pretty dangerous, 20 blokes sat in an airport for six hours unexpectedly with nothing to do is only going to end in drinking.  That said it's really not hard to keep it down and not annoy everyone else for a couple of hours on a plane.  The airlines could manage it better by allocating seats spread out.  If someone does kick off give them flying bans - no holidays for 5 years - see how many people play up then.

13 hours ago, SARJ said:

This and their proposed policy comes across more a case of Ryanair staff not wanting to have to intervene when things start getting over the top. I could understand if they have a policy of serving no alcohol on flights, but if they do they can't expect other places to only serve certain amounts of alcohol if they then continue to, I don't mean this to excuse any behaviour as it doesn't. 

On 15/08/2017 at 18:13, Major Isewater said:

They shouldn't have been allowed on board in that condition. In an emergency their incapacity could cause deaths to other passengers who are trying to leave the stricken plane. 

Then, one asks, WHY it is routinely permitted ................

:whistle:

tfj

49 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Pre flight boozing gives the airport lots of money. This leads to cheaper flights

On flight boozing gives the airline money. This leads to cheaper flights.

It's the price you pay for cheap flights sadly.

Michael O'Leary (Ruinair) once famously said "if everyone bought a drink and sandwich on board then I wouldn't need to charge a fare".

On 15/08/2017 at 18:57, Nibor said:

Been on more stags than I can count and been pissed on planes on most of them.  Delays are pretty dangerous, 20 blokes sat in an airport for six hours unexpectedly with nothing to do is only going to end in drinking.  That said it's really not hard to keep it down and not annoy everyone else for a couple of hours on a plane.  The airlines could manage it better by allocating seats spread out.  If someone does kick off give them flying bans - no holidays for 5 years - see how many people play up then.

Queueing behind that bloody trolley to have a slash, would finish me off (Sir Edmund Slackbladder)

Edit....not to actually slash on the trolley!

On 17/08/2017 at 17:39, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Pre flight boozing gives the airport lots of money. This leads to cheaper flights

On flight boozing gives the airline money. This leads to cheaper flights.

It's the price you pay for cheap flights sadly.

I see.

You are allowed 14 units of booze a week, according to the UK Government, to be safe.

That's 728 units per year.

So when you go to Malaga / Ibiza from Bristol airport, you buy a return ticket, so if I do the maths .............................

............. that's 364 units each way?

NOW I understand!

:facepalm:

tfj

2 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I see.

You are allowed 14 units of booze a week, according to the UK Government, to be safe.

That's 728 units per year.

So when you go to Malaga / Ibiza from Bristol airport, you buy a return ticket, so if I do the maths .............................

............. that's 364 units each way?

NOW I understand!

:facepalm:

tfj

So it takes 6 months to fly from Bristol to Malaga / Ibiza ?

Archived