IGNORED

Public Transport to Brentford

SinéadB

Just to let you all know, there's been a train derailment at Waterloo this morning and there will be a limited service for the rest of the day (this is to add to the less frequent trains from Waterloo in August anyway).

Hopefully it will start to resolve itself, but SW Trains still think there will be problems later.

Might be better to go to Gunnersbury on the tube and then get the 237/267.

Any questions, let me know! (I actually work in Brentford so know the area very well).

Couple of seasons ago . As you drive towards the ground . River on your left. We parked in a premier inn / travelodge hotel car park. On your right. Went into the hotel to ask. Said it was fine. Worth asking. About 10 minute walk to ground. High street. Is the main road. Also before getting on that road. We've parked by kew  bridge . Residential and free. But 20 minute walk 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Couple of seasons ago . As you drive towards the ground . River on your left. We parked in a premier inn / travelodge hotel car park. On your right. Went into the hotel to ask. Said it was fine. Worth asking. About 10 minute walk to ground. 

That's also good to know. Plenty of options!

There are currently no trains at all running from Clapham Junction/Vauxhall/Waterloo to Brentford. So generally better to get the district line to Gunnersbury, or Piccadilly line to South Ealing.

Hopefully it will improve as the day goes on, but I wouldn't be hopeful.

4 hours ago, bcfcbird said:

Just to let you all know, there's been a train derailment at Waterloo this morning and there will be a limited service for the rest of the day (this is to add to the less frequent trains from Waterloo in August anyway).

Hopefully it will start to resolve itself, but SW Trains still think there will be problems later.

Might be better to go to Gunnersbury on the tube and then get the 237/267.

Any questions, let me know! (I actually work in Brentford so know the area very well).

CityMapper is saying Piccadilly Line to South Ealing then the 65 bus to Griffin Park. I'm coming on Jubilee Line from East London so would change at Green Park.

2 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

CityMapper is saying Piccadilly Line to South Ealing then the 65 bus to Griffin Park. I'm coming on Jubilee Line from East London so would change at Green Park.

There are still delays on the piccadilly line (due to signal failure this morning).

Also it's only a 15/20 minute walk from South Ealing which can be faster than the 4 stops on the bus.

29 minutes ago, bcfcbird said:

There are still delays on the piccadilly line (due to signal failure this morning).

Also it's only a 15/20 minute walk from South Ealing which can be faster than the 4 stops on the bus.

Do you know any places to grab food if we walk it?

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Is Waterloo still shafted? Citymapper suggests that I go via Clapham Junction at presents which suggests it is open?

Don't go via Clapham Junction. It's the same line and the line has a problem.

Either go to South Ealing via Piccadilly Line (there are minor delays but should be ok), or Gunnersbury by District Line.

Totally useless advice i know, but you can park at Brentford Train Station on a weekend for free. I always do that when travelling to the capital on a weekend and then get the train in.

I think after 4pm on a weekday its like £2 to park for the whole evening but not 100% sure. Only about 30 spaces tho but it's worth a try if struggling to find affordable parking.

Its a controlled parking zone around the area so don't be tempted to park on the street.

54 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Is Waterloo still shafted? Citymapper suggests that I go via Clapham Junction at presents which suggests it is open?

I'm going to Clapham Junction right now as on Overground from SE London. It is claiming Weybridge trains every half hour still running and would hope enough get off to be able to get on.

For anyone still thinking of Clapham Junction I got a half empty direct train (Weybridge service) within ten minutes. There were also Richmond trains coming through which would be an ample fall back (10 minute bus from there).

Archived