IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

5 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Always hoping for a win.

But this is the type of game that we will traditionally lose (playing against a winless team) and if that happens I expect as with Saturday 'ah but they are a good side', an excuse that we cannot continue to hide behind like last season.

My prediction is tending towards a draw but if we lose I fully expect another defeat on Saturday to follow.

Sorry for the negativity but Saturday was a groundhog day moment that even our great leader acknowledges even if some fans don't.

I really hope that we win, I really do it is all I ever want no matter who plays or who is in charge.

If that happens it will be "Johnson out" come Saturday evening..much as I feel Lee is bluffing,bullshitting & making it up as he goes I'm not looking forwards to hearing it all again..

Looks like a cracking eve for game of football....might not even need the goalline technology ready floodlights!

Shame couldn't get a ticket, being in Essex on business, doh - unorganised!

Have a great eve all those that do make it! COYR! :city:

2 hours ago, mozo said:

The question is: when Bobby Reid scores the first goal (inevitable), will Brentford start feeling the pressure? They've not had a good start to the season and the fans could turn.

Until they get their 2 goals in the 2nd half, with the winner in the 88th minute!!!!!!

Simply because they are one of those poxy Tinpot clubs that is punching well above their weight I will go 2-0 to City. Reality will probably find us 1-0 down and just hanging in there trying not to concede more, followed by teddies out of the pram and calls for Johnson Out with immediate shouting down and belittling of these posters from the happy clappers.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Simply because they are one of those poxy Tinpot clubs that is punching well above their weight I will go 2-0 to City. Reality will probably find us 1-0 down and just hanging in there trying not to concede more, followed by teddies out of the pram and calls for Johnson Out with immediate shouting down and belittling of arguments from the happy clappers.

I don't think they are a poxy tin pot club though, decent championship club more like mate! 

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

I just thought that Joe was our current hot property who was on his way up to Newcastle!

No, it's a rumour . Joe hasn't said he wants to leave either has he plus we're trying to cash in on flint. Plus he's not as good as the others . No matter how much people think him as some sort of god he's not really that good. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bit surprised hegeler been dropped as a good reader of the game thought he might be suited against their good movement up front . Still, what do I know :dunno:

I was surprised he was not dropped for Brum!  Yes good reader of the game, but he is slow. Fancy Baker would have kept pace and blocked off the Brum player who scored their winner.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I thought the defence looked a little light on Saturday, I think Patterson is lucky to keep his place.

What happened there then because people were only saying he was a class above the rest a couple of games ago?

Archived