IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

I would guess that Hegeler is being rested as he's not used to playing three games in a week. It never happens in the Bundesliga or any other European country that this intense two games a week ever occurs. I think it was a major factor in Magnússon's first season. He looked very jaded by the time he was left out and I have a feeling that Diedhiou will find this fairly soon.

Just now, The_Don said:

He lost his newborn baby last week mate, sad news.

Ah. An incredibly reasonable reason not to play. He's been the stand out player the last two times I've seen Brentford play. He won't read this but for what they're worth my thoughts are with him in that case.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson got that all wrong Saturday. Just watched the whole game back. We needed O'Neil on second half when they were bullying us in midfield. I don't think Paterson was the main problem, but agree that being subbed was the right call, but would have kept Brownhill on.

Well put it this way he never covered himself in glory for their first goal, but I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of the post, we were being bullied especially up until their 2nd goal.

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Dropping Hegeler seems harsh to me. Thought he has been good.

It's not always a case of "being dropped" in the old sense. Rotated depending on opposition can also be the case, especially during a period of 2 games a week. 

29 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bit surprised hegeler been dropped as a good reader of the game thought he might be suited against their good movement up front . Still, what do I know :dunno:

I agree that he looks very good on the ball mate but I thought he also looked weak for their second. Could have tried harder in my view to put a foot in?

Archived