IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

Just now, palmerred said:

I'm sorry but people go we've thrown away a lead ? We've been overrun from the moment the game started and our goal was out only attack of the first half. We've been battered by a far better team, I'm not sure what else Johnson could have done except go defensive at half time, but if he did and we then let in two, he would have been slated by most for going defensive at half time.

To me, Midfield looks the problem area, which in fairness Johnson has outlined in multiple interviews lately.

A far better team? I wonder where Brentford will finish this year. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

A far better team? I wonder where Brentford will finish this year. 

I suspect they will be comfortably in the top half. They battered Forest on Saturday and should never have got beat and their fans were raving about a number of their signings this summer and the fans think it's just taking a few games to gel, but they are dark horses this season.

1 minute ago, palmerred said:

To me, Midfield looks the problem area, which in fairness Johnson has outlined in multiple interviews lately.

So why has he bought a winger and said we may be after a striker. No mention of central midfield. We bought GON and Hegeler but they appear not to be the answer.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Not really helped by a non existent midfield.

No, I agree. But I thought we were going to be playing the ball out from defence with confidence and ball players. Instead they have totally disappeared!

We play two games totally outplaying the oppo   We dominated in parts against brum and if we had taken our chances we would have been out of sight   HARRY redknapp praises us and the manager , and( what does he know !) yet after taking a one nil lead away from home , we concede a couple and ball bag and ALAN dicks ead amongst others come out with the boring same lazy Johnson out... clueless etc jeeez , if you don't like it pee off somewhere else

10 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Oh dear. Tactical ineptness from Johnson yet again. Completely overrun in the middle of the park. Too young, lacking strength, easily pushed aside....a side in their managers image obviously. ******* shite. Brentford should be 5 or 6 up. It was obvious before half time so what do d he change during the break to sort it out? **** all. Johnson Out!

Reality is a bitch when hope fades

Archived