IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

If anyone understands football, you might think we would be on the back foot tonight, Brentford are one of the fancied teams, losing the two was our biggest problem, and we just about over came that. If we can 'rob' Millwall Saturday it would give us a good start to the campaign, remember  we are short of fit strikers at the moment. Well done Bobby, looks like we have unearthed a new striker. 

Big goal that by Reid. Got 2 home games now. 
A shocking performance yes, but we'd have took a point before kick off surely?
One thing that has to change is performances away from home, that just has to change. We do at times play fantastic football and then get served up that tonight, take the point.

We should beat Millwall saturday, we are a better side than them and are worse than Barnsley are in my opinion. 
A word on Diedhiou, no doubt a good striker but he simply has to gamble more at times when there is a loose ball.

Bobby Reid, take a bow been a long time coming this season for him.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

It's not always just about the points on the board

Tonight was an eye opener

Why feel like that after a bad performance, but not after a good performance?  No need to panic after a single game we didn't lose.  46 games in the season and there'll be a lot of ups and downs, but I think we'll be comfortable at the end.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Glad you're happy with the performance.

Where did I say that?

I explicitely stated it was poor earlier in the thread.

You do realise it is possible to think a performance is poor without acting like a manic depressive? There is a middle ground between "that was great" and "we played badly in one game, therefore relegation is guarenteed"

If you cannota grasp that then there is no point me responding anymore.

Final point- name one team, or manager, that had a team play well for the entire season. I'll do this for you, there isnt one. Even "the invicibles" had poor games.

Does that make tonights performance better? No. Did we lose? No Did we play well? No. Was the result one that most people would have expected before kickoff? Probably.

Iv'e criticised the defending tonight but some of the comments on here are ******* embarrassing. Brentford are very good at home and will put better sides than us under pressure for long spells. Understand how some question taking Famara off but we are seriously struggling with injuries up top so hasn't got a lot to choose from. Someone who watched it would be able to say if he was knackered or not.

Lets calm down though , there is some right ******* belters on here when we don't play well 

It's not worth overeacting after 3 games, as long as LJ recognises the weaknesses and corrects them. However we desperately need a powerful striker who can hold the ball up and probably an older midfield head to marshal the troops to narrow the space between the two lines of four. Unfortunately O'Neill appears out of favour. 

Waiting for Đurić and Taylor will cost us points.

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dreadful performance  

But that late equaliser will ouze confidence for Saturday. 

Really want Taylor and Đurić available and quickly  

Can't see us bringing in a striker now so get these lads fit 

Two weeks to go in the window and I think there'll be more dealings to come.  I'd hazard a bet on at least two out and two in.

Credit where is due. I think Johnson shound have made changes earlier and I do feel he is responsible for the fact we waited and waited and went 2-1 down BUT bringing Hinds on was a bold move and it turned the game back in our favour. Whilst the equaliser was not reflective of the game, it had been coming for five minutes. There is a lot LJ did that  I am frustrated with but that has to be counterbalanced by acknowledging the team got back into the game when all looked lost and it isn't fair to give LJ the blame for all that went wrong without giving him credit for what worked...

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Brentford players and fans must be feeling sick.

In the same way that City fans and players must have felt on Saturday.

Poor poor performance tonight but great to get a point. Great to have one of our own getting us out of jail, great that he's got 4 in 3. Great that we've played very well in 2 out of three.

Let's just calm down and see how the next few matches go but the never ending 'Johnson out' from the usual suspects  is just a bit tedious particularly when you look at where big spenders Villa are along with Wednesday and Fulham and play off finalists Reading! We're top half of the table not at the bottom.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Don't be worried mate: all teams have off nights.  Important thing is that we didn't lose.  Four points from three games, not a bad start.

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

that was last last season!!

Do you honestly believe that Brownhill and Patterson are good/consistent enough?.

Brownhill scored a great goal and did little else and Patterson was even worse.

A welcome point but if you cannot see the danger signals flashing over the past 2 games, you are burying your heads.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why feel like that after a bad performance, but not after a good performance?  No need to panic after a single game we didn't lose.  46 games in the season and there'll be a lot of ups and downs, but I think we'll be comfortable at the end.

Agree. It seems to me the same people who trot out the result is all that matters after a game we should win but don't are the same people who want to look at the performance when we rob someone. 

Archived