IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I would have taken 2-2 before the game and given the battering we got throughout the 90, 2-2 is a good result.

Would have certainly taken that before the game, and given how it is gone, I am delighted.

This board reflects the difference between the 'how we played' and 'the result is everything' crowd. Not sure we have been as outplayed since we drew 1-1 against Sunderland on the box years ago. They went up (I think) we went down.

Poor defending again, great match by Fielding, but yes, win against Millwall and we will look ok.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Can't actually believe LJ has come out and said we deserved that and that Brentford have 'spent money'. Is he ******* serious. If they've spent money wtf have we done?!?! 

Trying to like the guy but **** me he spouts real shit 

Poor Lee. not being backed like Brentford financially

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Two weeks to go in the window and I think there'll be more dealings to come.  I'd hazard a bet on at least two out and two in.

I hope you are correct, but wouldn't it be nice if we now put the brakes on 'ones for the future' and actually sign a couple of championship ready players, we lack quality and consistency.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Can't actually believe LJ has come out and said we deserved that and that Brentford have 'spent money'. Is he ******* serious. If they've spent money wtf have we done?!?! 

Same here, I'm trying to give him a chance this season but the shit he spouts makes it nearly impossible.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

All about opinions, but if anyone thinks that a bit of effort in injury time and a point at one of the poorer sides in the championship is fine, so be it

Wow didn't think that Tommy's drivel could be topped but that is comfortably the biggest pile of shite posted for some time. 

16 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Brentford players and fans must be feeling sick.

The same as how I felt last December when they nicked a 1-0 win at AG when we missed countless chances. Football has a tendency to bite you on the backside sometimes, thankfully it's our luck this time.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Do you honestly believe that Brownhill and Patterson are good/consistent enough?.

Brownhill scored a great goal and did little else and Patterson was even worse.

A welcome point but if you cannot see the danger signals flashing over the past 2 games, you are burying your heads.

entitled to your opinion but even you can't predict what the end result will be after another 43 games!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why feel like that after a bad performance, but not after a good performance?  No need to panic after a single game we didn't lose.  46 games in the season and there'll be a lot of ups and downs, but I think we'll be comfortable at the end.

I remember last season.

Despite the point, I wouldn't say it was deserved as Brentford basically battered us for 60min and Fielding had a worldie. 

More worrying is the fact we start brightly and fade after 30min, we don't appear to have a plan B, Johnsons substitutions are still baffling or don't make sense, and our squad is still too unbalanced and not good enough for a 46 game season.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I hope you are correct, but wouldn't it be nice if we now put the brakes on 'ones for the future' and actually sign a couple of championship ready players, we lack quality and consistency.

Yes absolutely , need experience , not kids , but if we had signed Ollie Watkins that's the sort of young player we should have gone for , class act.

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

How about the truth !

How about Bobby got us out if jail?

How about "we need a bit of luck sometimes"

But for crying out loads sake only a retard would say we deserved it.

Very few managers say anything that might undermine his team. LJ is no different.

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He's a football manager. They do tend to be in denial and talk a lot of cr*p after games. Let's hope he is more objective when he watches the video.

3 minutes ago, freezer said:

And Lee said that "Joe Bryan killed it for them"!

Marvellous man management skills there.

Because he was tired and didn't get going. Don't just quote the bits you want to and call it bad man management. Yes he did last season but your'e just making things up to suit yourself.

Archived