IGNORED

The Chants Thread (merged)

KnowleUtd City

I hope we come up with something a bit more imaginative than the usual hey Jude and 'do do do do Famara Died-diou'

He's our record signing.. surely worth a better chant than the usual tunes we recycle from Baldock/Maynard/Agard etc

Why is it that clubs like United come up with good chants like this all the time? Unique, catchy and clever.

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I hope we come up with something a bit more imaginative than the usual hey Jude and 'do do do do Famara Died-diou'

He's our record signing.. surely worth a better chant than the usual tunes we recycle from Baldock/Maynard/Agard etc

Why is it that clubs like United come up with good chants like this all the time? Unique, catchy and clever.

Not having me and Farmara then mate? haha

Must some lads on here old enough for the Housemartins surely??

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The 'pisa-pisa-pisano' chant is the best one I've heard. Very easy to remember and pretty unique.

Not sure why we're so determined to try and recycle the same chants we've done for years but with different players..

This!  

The chant is already in place. 

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Different eyes on it.

None of this less us do what everybody else does cos look ... ITS ON YOIUTUBE!

Mancs want to be original.

Want to be different Is the start.

Don't think City fans have come up with an original idea fer five years.

Need to go back and work out what it was stopped.

16 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Not having me and Farmara then mate? haha

Must some lads on here old enough for the Housemartins surely??

It's an interesting one that's for sure! Meant the other two really

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Another chant we'll never hear at AG..............:sleeping:

Why do people bother?................:dunno:

I see there's another thread about a chant for Pisaro.........why not just lest chants develop spontaneously?  

Like clockwork

7 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Different eyes on it.

None of this less us do what everybody else does cos look ... ITS ON YOIUTUBE!

Mancs want to be original.

Want to be different Is the start.

Don't think City fans have come up with an original idea fer five years.

Need to go back and work out what it was stopped.

I think we're pretty original really. We've got our fair share of unique songs - certainly more than average. 

We're certainly capable of originality.. hope we get some new songs this year.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I see there's another thread about a chant for Pisaro.........why not just lest chants develop spontaneously?  

Haha! Yeah because no one ever thinks them up, they just happen by magic on the day.

Why do people bother, be much more fun sat in silence wouldn't it.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why don't you go and read and comment on that thread too..?

There is a big clue in the title of what this thread is about..! 

46 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The problem with getting completely new tunes/chants started properly, is that nobody knows them. Obviously!

Utd do come up with some great chants. 

We have a much better/wider array of songs than you hear from most other clubs, although, naturally, a lot of them are recycled. 

8 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Haha! Yeah because no one ever thinks them up, they just happen by magic on the day.

Why do people bother, be much more fun sat in silence wouldn't it.

Virtually every chant at every club were developed spontaneously during a match, not composed on a forum ffs....

Do you suppose that were no chants before the Internet? 

Might help to have a chant/songs thread.

We know we've got regular OTIB contributors who are also in S82,  i.e. @Harry, and that's the area any new chants are likely to be taken up in any numbers. 

They can take any likely new chants offered up on here, modify them a bit if necessary, and give them a go in the singing section to see if they take off.

Will inevitably get a load of rubbish, but there'll be the odd good one in there too.

The only rule, imo, should be they have to be original.

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

The problem with getting completely new tunes/chants started properly, is that nobody knows them. Obviously!

Utd do come up with some great chants. 

We have a much better/wider array of songs than you hear from most other clubs, although, naturally, a lot of them are recycled. 

Not sure how United spread their chants so well - seems everyone knows them and they've got loads of great ones. Best away following in the country in my opinion; only the real hardcore get away tickets.

I agree - we're much much much better than average. So glad we don't sing that recycled stuff like 'when I was young' that loads of teams do.

What happened to that song we used to sing maybe 10 years ago? Came from the EE. It had no lyrics, a bit like the dobby doo song. Evolved into that '**** off back, **** off back, **** off back to (town name) YOU C****s! I wondered if it was one from Willem II originally. Felt it was really good before we added the words. Anyone know where that came from?

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not sure how United spread their chants so well - seems everyone knows them and they've got loads of great ones. Best away following in the country in my opinion; only the real hardcore get away tickets.

I agree - we're much much much better than average. So glad we don't sing that recycled stuff like 'when I was young' that loads of teams do.

What happened to that song we used to sing maybe 10 years ago? Came from the EE. It had no lyrics, a bit like the dobby doo song. Evolved into that '**** off back, **** off back, **** off back to (town name) YOU C****s! I wondered if it was one from Willem II originally. Felt it was really good before we added the words. Anyone know where that came from?

Do you mean the "ooooh dooby dooby doooo, oooooh doooby dum dum" song...? My friend sent me a video clip of where this originally came from. You'll piss yourselves if I tell you what it was! For what got adopted as a bit of a drunken "hoolie" chant on the terraces, its origin couldn't have been any further from that. 

Anyone know...?

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Do you mean the "ooooh dooby dooby doooo, oooooh doooby dum dum" song...? My friend sent me a video clip of where this originally came from. You'll piss yourselves if I tell you what it was! For what got adopted as a bit of a drunken "hoolie" chant on the terraces, its origin couldn't have been any further from that. 

Anyone know...?

Many of us know - Tom Thumb.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Virtually every chant at every club were developed spontaneously during a match, not composed on a forum ffs....

Do you suppose that were no chants before the Internet? 

Listen chap, I haven't composed anything on a forum, it's only a bit of fun, I haven't heard a song about our new striker, the housemartins one is original, fits with his name, and were a band a lot of lads like, if you don't like it fair enough, but why comment? Wind your neck in you miserable old so and so 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Anyone know...?

It's not that one, not nearly as well known as that and only sung sporadically. It's evolved into a different chant altogether now.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Cos United have a group of fans who start with  not wanting to be like everybody else.

That's the culture.

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I disagree.. not sure why you're so down about our own fans attempts to

Copy.

Copysists.

Not down.

Things move on.

City fans have.

What was accepted is now a ten pager of hand wringing piety on Otib.

A smoke bomb is a hanging offence.

The YSC would just be offence.

That's where things are.

Archived