IGNORED

BCTV streaming

Tinmansleftboot

I left a review a few days ago regarding my experiences with BCTV live streaming.

I was delighted with the service until Brentford away.

The stream kept cutting out every 5-10 seconds rendering the match unwatchable.

I tried turning it off and back on again, I reset the router etc and still got the same result.

I tested the connection by streaming the champions league and it was fine.

Did anyone else have a similar problem? Was this an issue with Brentford's stream?

I'll nervously wait for Millwall now.

1 minute ago, Tinmansleftboot said:

All in all I'm happy with the outlay too. Just hope this was a temporary/Brentford issue.

The Barnsley game was totally flawless. Hoping that's the norm moving forward.

Barnsley was flawless the cup tie v plymouth was a mare due to not being able to get commentary for 70 mins....Nevertheless AG was good. Brum dropped three times too....Early days but we seem ok our end at least....140 bucks for 46 games....i'll take the odd techno bollock!

Its defiantly not a premium service.  If fact I would say its the polar opposite of that.

I will go on record and say I love the fact I can access all the league games.  It brings a whole new dimension on life as an expat.  Is bloody brilliant.

There is a but and a big but, with mitigation.

It must be an  incredibly difficult process to get all this to work.  The licensing is completely mind boggling.  To draw a comparison with something this side of the pond would be the NHL centre Ice offering.  Roughly the same price.  Every game out of market a with commentary and the ability to record.  All in glorious HD.  Every game flawless.

Compare that: One camera, on a stream that occasionally cuts out.  I missed the first Birmingham goal.  Having to sink up commentary, because the feed doesn't have any, which is bizarre.

Unable to watch when your not in the house and chained to a computer.  No support for Cell Phones/Tablets.

My Brentford feed cut out twice.  In the first half I had annoying hex key strings showing up randomly all over my screen.

In my opinion paying that much for just a stream, no frills, no commentary.  Cant watch unless I am home.  No way of catching up with a game you missed without having to wait for 24/48 hours are all negatives. Does seem a bit steep.  Its the absolute barest minimum they are willing to give, and we are happy to pay top dollar for it.

In now way am I blaming the club here.  I would assume their hands are tied with what they can and cant do.  Its something to build upon.

After 3 matches I could never give it up.  I would be happy to pay double, three times the amount to watch City. 

Stevo

3 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Its defiantly not a premium service.  If fact I would say its the polar opposite of that.

I will go on record and say I love the fact I can access all the league games.  It brings a whole new dimension on life as an expat.  Is bloody brilliant.

There is a but and a big but, with mitigation.

It must be an  incredibly difficult process to get all this to work.  The licensing is completely mind boggling.  To draw a comparison with something this side of the pond would be the NHL centre Ice offering.  Roughly the same price.  Every game out of market a with commentary and the ability to record.  All in glorious HD.  Every game flawless.

Compare that: One camera, on a stream that occasionally cuts out.  I missed the first Birmingham goal.  Having to sink up commentary, because the feed doesn't have any, which is bizarre.

Unable to watch when your not in the house and chained to a computer.  No support for Cell Phones/Tablets.

My Brentford feed cut out twice.  In the first half I had annoying hex key strings showing up randomly all over my screen.

In my opinion paying that much for just a stream, no frills, no commentary.  Cant watch unless I am home.  No way of catching up with a game you missed without having to wait for 24/48 hours are all negatives. Does seem a bit steep.  Its the absolute barest minimum they are willing to give, and we are happy to pay top dollar for it.

In now way am I blaming the club here.  I would assume their hands are tied with what they can and cant do.  Its something to build upon.

After 3 matches I could never give it up.  I would be happy to pay double, three times the amount to watch City. 

Stevo

Your ' Executive ' bill is on it's way as we speak . 

Just pay the difference to ;

Isewater Industries 

@AdamB I bought mine last week, watched the first game, listened to the cup game, missed Birmingham as I was travelling, sat down last night and got the message "unavailable in your country". I signed up on the understanding that if you could pay you could watch the games, I am in jersey which is what I stated in all the account and payment details. Not happy last night. Anybody else get this problem?

5 hours ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

@AdamB I bought mine last week, watched the first game, listened to the cup game, missed Birmingham as I was travelling, sat down last night and got the message "unavailable in your country". I signed up on the understanding that if you could pay you could watch the games, I am in jersey which is what I stated in all the account and payment details. Not happy last night. Anybody else get this problem?

I think I am correct in saying it's only available to stream outside of the UK.

So if I was on holiday back in the UK, I would not be able to stream. Even though I setup my account in Canada, payment taken by my Canadian Credit Card. 

When you access the stream after logging in it will determine your geographic location. If you have a UK IP address you will be denied. 

I stand to be corrected but fairly certain that's why. 

Stevo

I think WayOutWest is correct. If you are anywhere in the UK your IP address will be blocked. The only option is to go through a VPN apparently (assuming this works fine). I have never used a VPN but get the gist of how they work.I would guess when the pay per view or a monthly subscription is available, a few will try that but not risk the full payment as it currently is.

7 hours ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

So can you actually watch our games home and away? 

2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

I think I am correct in saying it's only available to stream outside of the UK.

So if I was on holiday back in the UK, I would not be able to stream. Even though I setup my account in Canada, payment taken by my Canadian Credit Card. 

When you access the stream after logging in it will determine your geographic location. If you have a UK IP address you will be denied. 

I stand to be corrected but fairly certain that's why. 

Stevo

Jersey is not part of the UK. 

@AdamB

Hi Adam 

Is there plans to develop an app for the new player service? I had a look yesterday but couldn't see anything so wasn't sure if it existed.

I think lots of people would be very inclined to buy the service if there was a really good app to accompany it. A fair few people had problems getting the game on RB who would want to listen via mobile.

Commentary, highlights, interviews etc..

In addition to that; perhaps further in development.. it could be an all in 1 thing. You can buy a drink to collect at AG via the app, buy tickets that download to your phone so you can scan them at the turnstile.. send in Birthday greetings to be read out.. it could be a great feature. 

Is anything like this being planned/in existence already?

Thanks

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Jersey is not part of the UK. 

Correct. However, whether the IP address Jersey Bristolian has might actually be registered in the UK. 

Let's say his ISP is BT Internet. His IP address might actually be a UK one rather than Jersey one. 

Of course this is conjecture on my part. But Jersey might just be a grey area in the IP address and routing world. 

Stevo 

20 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Correct. However, whether the IP address Jersey Bristolian has might actually be registered in the UK. 

Let's say his ISP is BT Internet. His IP address might actually be a UK one rather than Jersey one. 

Of course this is conjecture on my part. But Jersey might just be a grey area in the IP address and routing world. 

Stevo 

Pretty sure the IP address will show up as Jersey if that is where he is streaming it to regardless of who your ISP is. If he is in the UK he would need to use a VPN for the streaming to "think" he is outside the UK as far as I am aware (I am no techie btw so could well be way off the mark).

14 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Stevo 

14 hours ago, wood_red said:

Pretty sure the IP address will show up as Jersey if that is where he is streaming it to regardless of who your ISP is. If he is in the UK he would need to use a VPN for the streaming to "think" he is outside the UK as far as I am aware (I am no techie btw so could well be way off the mark).

I have a fixed IP registered to a Channel island company (it is Sure cable and wireless).

Jersey,

I'm informed that the whole of the Channel Islands is included in the UK and Ireland in terms of these 'UEFA video blackout' regulations, so therefore you wouldn't get access for video, but would for audio.

Can you please email me on adam.baker@bcfc.co.uk so we can investigate this further for you.

Regards,

Adam

Archived