IGNORED

Information for Reading (Merged)

Never to the dark side

• Admin
11 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Shame that no further Wheelchair tickets have been released alongside this enhanced allocation

Am very surprised that they are not @RaspberryRed assumedly we now have access to the full end - both sides of the divide behind the goal

Surely there is the same number of disabled spaces in this additional side as the original ?

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

Can anyone who's been before advise on what parking is like around the ground?

Last year I think I drove past the ground on my left and a little further along there was a large field/car park for about £5. Was a short walk to the stadium but at the wrong side for the away end. Any better options the away side of the ground?

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Am very surprised that they are not @RaspberryRed assumedly we now have access to the full end - both sides of the divide behind the goal

Surely there is the same number of disabled spaces in this additional side as the original ?

That was exactly my point when contacting them.

All sorted now as the confusion had arisen as Reading did not send any further wheelchair tickets with the increased allocation.

They are available from Reading directly by calling (0118) 968 1313

COYR

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

105 left of the 3,100 allocation. Wonder if many will POD

Well I know of 15 who are paying on the day,hopefully quite a few will decide to go at the last minute and boost the final figure,3500 would be fantastic,fingers crossed.

53 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Anyone know what the adult price of pay on day ticket is?

I am thinking of going pay on the day so would be interested in any response to this.

also I will be driving any tips for parking to be able to make a quick getaway back onto the m4?

• Admin
13 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not sure if mentioned anywhere else but I didnt realise that Cardiff are away to Fulham away on Sat.

They have sold a similar amount to us for their game so the trains and service stations are going to be interesting!

Assume that you realise lots of fans travel EVERY Saturday on the same trains all around the country?

Don't think the trains will be a problem with South Wales services stopping at Patchway(and not at Bristol Parkway)

Then non stop to Swindon not stopping at at Bath or Chippenham

City fans who live in the Bristol Parkway area

I suggest making your own way to Filton Abbey wood

and get the local train to Bristol Temple Meads

and start your journey from BTM

If you want table seats get into coaches "E" and "F" as they are the unreserved coaches

Just glad I ain't gotta visit any of the M4 motorway  service stations

• Admin

OFFSITE CAR PARKS

Old Greyhound Stadium (RG2 6GP) – approx. 700 spaces 
For the 2017/18 season we are able to offer a seasonal parking permit for the Old Greyhound Stadium at a cost of £200.
To purchase please phone the Ticket Office on 0118 968 1313.

Matchday rates are £10 per car on the day only.

Five minutes’ walk to Madejski Stadium. Access is off the A33 at the Bennet Road roundabout.

Cordwallis, 40 Bennet Road (RG2 0QX) – approx. 200 spaces
£10 per car on the day only. Eight minutes’ walk to Madejski Stadium (0.4 miles). Located opposite the Jaguar garage on Bennet Road.

Garrard Street (RG1 1NR)– approx. 300-500 spaces on matchday

Garrard Street car park is located next to Reading Station and can be booked online only in advance by clicking here.

A £5 ticket will allow you to park for a maximum of 5 hours and will be available to start up to 3 hours before the scheduled kick off time and leave up to 4 hours after kick off. An £8 ticket will allow you to park for a maximum of 8 hours and will be available to start up to 3 hours before the scheduled kick off time and leave up to 7 hours after kick off.

Once you have parked you can then use the F1 Reading Station Shuttle Service which runs from outside Reading Station. The Service commences 2 hours before kick-off and a minimum of 12 buses run a frequent shuttle service up to 1 hour 45 minutes after the final whistle.

The F1 fares, which Reading Football Club subsidise, are:

• £2 per journey single or return
• £1 per journey single or return for 65 & Overs

The F1 bus stop has now been relocated to the central bus stop in between car park 1 and 2 on the stadium map, which you can see by clicking here.

F2 Bus Service: Amec Foster Wheeler, Shinfield Park (RG2 9FW) – approx. 500 spaces

Free to park. This involves a short bus ride to and from the stadium.

Fares:

• Single trip £2 Adult, £1.30 per child
• Return trip £4 Adult, £2 per child

There is also a group ticket costing £5 for a group of five people (with a maximum of three adults per group).

Directions: situated just south of Junction 11 of the M4, take exit B3270 (signposted Earley) and follow yellow signs to ‘Match Reading FC Park & Ride’. The bus stop at the stadium is at the bottom of Hurst Way roundabout. 

Mereoak Park & Ride (RG7 1PB), 573 spaces.
Free to park. This involves a short bus ride to and from the stadium.

Fares:

• Single trip £2 Adult, £1.30 per child
• Return trip £4 Adult, £2 per child

There is also a group ticket costing £5 for a group of five people (with a maximum of three adults per group).

Directions: situated just south of Junction 11 of the M4, take the A33 towards Basingstoke and follow the signs for the park & ride site. The bus stop at the stadium is at the bottom of Hurst Way roundabout.

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Free Tickets For Reading (available now until 5pm ... adults/children. )

To apply:

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/libraries-archives/central-library

Too Late... sorry

....more Reading deals will be available next week.

In the meantime why not take in a football match?

Reading v Bristol City

C O Y R's

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Seeing as we are taking similar routes to our away games which is rare, there may be some trouble.

Dont quite understand your patronising response as clashes still happen. 

Because over the years we have travelled on many similar routes during a season and nothing happens, just because we are going in a slightly similar direction it doesn't mean anything will happen this time. 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Because over the years we have travelled on many similar routes during a season and nothing happens, just because we are going in a slightly similar direction it doesn't mean anything will happen this time. 

Fair point to make just don't get why you had to be so patronising. I think the fact that because they are bigger followings its more likely. 

Archived