IGNORED

Information for Reading (Merged)

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

2,100 allocation bit poor, just give us the 4K in one go

Often the case that clubs issue an allocation on sale or return, then extras have to be taken by the away team on a non refundable basis. Hence a trickle of smaller batches of tickets until full potential allocation is filled. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmo said:

Just bought me and the old man a ticket for this. Managed to book a decent parking spot for a fiver too, just 10-15 min walk from the stadium. Looking forward to ending our 7 game losing streak against them...

Took about 40mins to get out of any car park and on to the M4 each time Ive been there.

26 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Train ticket is booked £20 each way not too bad. Is there any good cider there or have we got to bring our own? 

Alot of the pubs down here now have either thatchers or blackthorn on tap but they like to tease you by not allowing away fans in majority of the pubs, tickets requested on most doors now. 

3 hours ago, CityFarAndWide said:

Alot of the pubs down here now have either thatchers or blackthorn on tap but they like to tease you by not allowing away fans in majority of the pubs, tickets requested on most doors now. 

Thanks guys. From your responses it looks like I will be bringing me westons with me. I was hoping to get into the Walkabout but it being a sports bar it might not be so easy unless I sneak in the back

Hoping to get my six year old nephew along to this one.  I want to be there when he experiences his first proper City atmosphere.

His little face broke when he asked: "Did we win?" vs Birmingham - he'd gone up the park with Nanna at 1-1.  Heartbreaking, that was. 

5 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Hoping to get my six year old nephew along to this one.  I want to be there when he experiences his first proper City atmosphere.

His little face broke when he asked: "Did we win?" vs Birmingham - he'd gone up the park with Nanna at 1-1.  Heartbreaking, that was. 

You need to toughen up mate! Or do what I do and tell him that we won, whatever the score was! 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You need to toughen up mate! Or do what I do and tell him that we won, whatever the score was! 

No mate, it was just a poignant moment.  I did explain that if he's going to be City he will need to get used to it.  A tough life lesson for a six year old!

7 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

No mate, it was just a poignant moment.  I did explain that if he's going to be City he will need to get used to it.  A tough life lesson for a six year old!

I was walking out of AG with a chap and his little lad after Plymouth and the kid was buzzing. It was great to see the youngster so excited.

His dad said he was dreading telling him it`s not always like that and sometimes we lose to Preston on a Tuesday night when it`s cold and raining!

On 8/16/2017 at 18:11, Kodjias Wrist said:

Took about 40mins to get out of any car park and on to the M4 each time Ive been there.

Yeah, heard the car parks are an absolute mare, so made sure to use that JustPark website and booked a private parking space outside some fella's house down a small back road. Will hopefully give us a slight head start.

Been the last two seasons, but Joe asked NOT to go this year....he didn't like the 'atmosphere' in the away end (our end) last year. Hope they sort out the standers and the seaters, because a big away following is great.  Coventry in 14/15 and Wes Brom in FAC in 15/16 were ace away trips.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Been the last two seasons, but Joe asked NOT to go this year....he didn't like the 'atmosphere' in the away end (our end) last year. Hope they sort out the standers and the seaters, because a big away following is great.  Coventry in 14/15 and Wes Brom in FAC in 15/16 were ace away trips.

It was a real mess there last season, part of the problem they were not letting fans into the overflow area so lots of us were cramped into a sold out section and right next to us was a massive empty space, if we could have moved between the two it would have resolved itself.

Am sure I read that reading were pulled up on this by the safety officer. Noticed villa last night seemed to be spread all over both sections behind the goal with neither section close to being full

Archived