IGNORED

Just to be clear....

Bar BS3

Can I just get something straight because I'm finding the mood of the forum a little confusing so far this season. 

Man I right in thinking that if we dominate and win a game, then the opposition isn't strong..?

If we dominate a game for long spells but lose, narrowly, despite hitting the woodwork several times, then it's LJ's fault..?

If we get out played by one of the best teams (on their day) in the division, with their manager stating how exceptionally well they played, in a fixture that we seldom get much from, but come away with a battling, last gasp point, then it's LJ's fault..? 

Can someone please provide a list of clubs that are of the required standard, so I know if beating them is to be applauded or ignored. Whilst at it, can that list be distributed to all 23 other teams, who clearly don't know the rules either and keep beating each other. 

Thank you, in anticipation of some clarity over this. 

2 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Go to the games, City fans are great, on here there are a nucleus of miserable"..........., the rest are OK

I agree.  There is a significant disparity between the mood and expectations of the Club's support at large and the views of the malcontented minority on OTIB , which has become the ghost encarnate of the old enclosure circa 1960s.

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Can I just get something straight because I'm finding the mood of the forum a little confusing so far this season. 

Man I right in thinking that if we dominate and win a game, then the opposition isn't strong..?

If we dominate a game for long spells but lose, narrowly, despite hitting the woodwork several times, then it's LJ's fault..?

If we get out played by one of the best teams (on their day) in the division, with their manager stating how exceptionally well they played, in a fixture that we seldom get much from, but come away with a battling, last gasp point, then it's LJ's fault..? 

Can someone please provide a list of clubs that are of the required standard, so I know if beating them is to be applauded or ignored. Whilst at it, can that list be distributed to all 23 other teams, who clearly don't know the rules either and keep beating each other. 

Give it a rest mate, you're getting boring.

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh great another thread created to have a go at those with alternative views to the prescribed 'blind support', with no backup evidence provided in defence of the football being displayed on the pitch.

I was so missing these too.

I refer you to exhibits A) vs Barnsley, B) vs Plymouth & C) vs much of the Birmingham game. 

Wuite happy with the football being displayed and quite happy with a draw last night despite of a not so good display. 

15 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Go to the games, City fans are great, on here there are a nucleus of miserable"..........., the rest are OK

Would agree with that, the opinions on here are in no way representative of the fan base at large, we had people on here last season organising boycotts, protests etc, etc and none of them ever seemed to come to fruition, we have people guaranteeing that we would sell significantly less season tickets this season such was the displeasure towards LJ from the fan base at large, and yet we have sold basically the same as last season, indicating that they were seriously disconnected with the mood of the wider fan base.

But we've had oh Barnsely doesn't count as they are dreadful, so what does that make Forest?  worse than dreadful? then what does that make Brentford as they lost to Forest ? There is almost zero perspective from many on here on both sides.

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Uhhh Preston.

43 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Results would suggest that we have been poor ever since our return to the Championship. 3 seasons on, who's fault is that?

57 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't think there is anything controversial in that occassionally being the case. I think Barnsley could be one such occassion. They were dreadful. Sometimes teams do have off days, just as we will. More often than not though to dominate you must have performed well, and there's no getting away from the fact for 45 minutes we played very good stuff v Barnsley (understandably the second half was a non-event). Whether another opposition would allow us to play so well is another matter; that is the reservation.

I would absolutely praise the initial set up v Brum. It was a highly impressive opening. But if you want the A+ for that first half, take the F for the second, because to have no answer to them, or semblence of countering their threat, was absolutely a failure.

Absolutely not, we will get battered this year, we will probably lose by 3 or 4 goals at some point; it happens. But I refer back to the Birmingham comments... we can't allow games to run and continue like they are simulations. LJ needs to be more proactive and more reactive in games. It's a fair critique I feel.

Take each game as it comes fella. If it was a competitive, hard fought game, then just being close in it even if we lost might deserve applause... the flip side of that though is I find it hard to applaud to enthusiastically robbing a point. I am bloody glad for that point, but there's a post mortem to be had after a game like that.

In my mind it's a concerning start. The points haul is very good all things considered, and we have shown some great football. But last season there was a sense of inevitability that going 1 up was not going to be enough. Who after Brentford equalised thought it was inevitable they'd score again... i'd wager most had that sinking feeling. My problem is we have very little versatility in the way we play and approach games. Until we are able to identify when to put the foot on the ball and manage games, and I think this comes from the sideline, we will struggle.

At christmas the table wont lie. Even after 10 games tables can be misleading.... a la last season. People will swing in their moods until everyone has a good wedge of games under their belts then we shall see whats what.

Until then you will get these extreme viewpoints. The truth is in the middle. I suspect we will have a slightly better season than last but only slightly.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thing is 29AR, you are a pretty balanced poster.

I don't always agree which is fine- opinions etc, but you don't tend to be one of the overreacters, which is who I think @Bar BS3s post is aimed at.

You facking what? Fancy a meet in the park before I have a dust up with Millwall?

17 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

We will be relegated before xmas 

It is posts like this that get peoples backs up, 10 minutes before the end (18 with injury time) in the third game.

And the numerous others from people who had written the game off.

Just have a look around page 13 of the match thread.

Truly embarrassing from some of our 'fans'.

But when you tell them anything like that you are a "happy clapper" even if you say the performance has been bad. Because you havent overreacted enough.

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

But this is a reasoned, thought out response. You clearly enjoy it when things go well and raise valid questions when they don't go so well.  No problem with that at all. 

It's the people clearly sat behind their keyboards, if not will things to go against us, then with a smug air of satisfaction that at least it's an opportunity to slate LJ, often contradicting their slating from the previous opportunity! 

If anyone expects us to have every game all our own way then they clearly don't understand this division. Of course, that's not to say their isn't room for constructive debate and questioning, as you have displayed above. 

The repeatative sniping and blaming LJ for no real other reason than it being LJ, is what gets boring and actually probably makes those of us who back him, do so even more stubbornly. 

37 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Results would suggest that we have been poor ever since our return to the Championship. 3 seasons on, who's fault is that?

Ah, understand now.

Johnson is to blame for the results in all 95 championship games since promotion despite a good 25-30 of those was an atrocious run under a different manager.

And there was me judging Johnson by HIS time in charge (a top half record), what a fool I am!

26 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

We were awful, couldn't string a pass together. The amount of balls that went to literally nobody was infuriating, no excuses.

So what? Would you have taken a point before KO? I'm sure the majority of our supporter's would of. A point against one of the best footballing sides in the Championship away from home is a decent result regardless of how shit we were.

40 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ah, understand now.

Johnson is to blame for the results in all 95 championship games since promotion despite a good 25-30 of those was an atrocious run under a different manager.

And there was me judging Johnson by HIS time in charge (a top half record), what a fool I am!

Um no. It was a genuine question. We have not been a competitive team since our return to this level.

Why is that?

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Um no. It was a genuine question. We have not been a competitive team since our return to this level.

Why is that?

The club's not being led by people of experience, of sufficient proven ability to move it forward. I can't understand why a man of SL's wealth has failed to recruit an off the pitch team who knows what's needed at this level. Everything flows from that, recruitment, results, attendances...and ultimately realistic hopes of a push for promotion.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bang on my friend.  You Reds!

36 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

So what? Would you have taken a point before KO? I'm sure the majority of our supporter's would of. A point against one of the best footballing sides in the Championship away from home is a decent result regardless of how shit we were.

Yes I would've, I wasn't saying it was a bad point, just that we were useless.

Archived