IGNORED

Tinpot.....

BanburyRed

For the 2nd day in a row, talkshite TalkSport have been referring to clubs as 'tinpot' - have they been reading OTIB for inspiration?!

Tonight they referred to Aston Villa as 'tinpot', and yesterday Barnsley, Birmingham AND Millwall for having no goalline technology caused by faulty floodlights.

Sadly no mention of our dear comedic friends in their famous (?) blue n white quarters....

I've just listened to a bit of it in the first time in months and had to switch it off.  The silence now is like cool, running water to a parched man in a desert.  Lovely.

I get more insightful views that are more tolerably received on otib.

Migrane inducing shite.

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I've just listened to a bit of it in the first time in months and had to switch it off.  The silence now is like cool, running water to a parched man in a desert.  Lovely.

I get more insightful views that are more tolerably received on otib.

Migrane inducing shite.

must admit the two mikes is worth a listen though

I stopped listening to it a while ago now. Hearing Darren Gough, an opinionated gobshite with no more football knowledge than anyone in here, pontificating on football is absolutely painful. The only one worth listening to was Danny Kelly but now he's on with Joey Barton he will be completely unlistenable as well. It used to be a great listen but now it's loud, attention seeking tabloid tripe

There's a Cockney bloke on with Jim White, who seems to have fallen into the studio having enjoyed a massive all-night binge. Thought it was a one-off, but he seems to be present daily. Totally bizzare. 

The afternoon guys ain't bad, but I've moved on to Radio X - a decent music station - avoiding at all costs the other sports national radio channel,  Radio 5 'Lenin'. 

48 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

There's a Cockney bloke on with Jim White, who seems to have fallen into the studio having enjoyed a massive all-night binge. Thought it was a one-off, but he seems to be present daily. Totally bizzare. 

The afternoon guys ain't bad, but I've moved on to Radio X - a decent music station - avoiding at all costs the other sports national radio channel,  Radio 5 'Lenin'. 

6music mate, it`s the only way to go (when TMS isn`t on 5live of course)

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

I stopped listening to it a while ago now. Hearing Darren Gough, an opinionated gobshite with no more football knowledge than anyone in here, pontificating on football is absolutely painful. The only one worth listening to was Danny Kelly but now he's on with Joey Barton he will be completely unlistenable as well. It used to be a great listen but now it's loud, attention seeking tabloid tripe

You are right, because a certain media group have a rather large shareholding

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I know!  A few years ago I was up nights and they cracked me right up every time.  Some people don't like them :dunno:

It's maybe they're a desired taste?

Definitely an acquired taste, as soon as they come on i switch off.

Hawksbee & Jacobs on an afternoon worth listening to, as is Danny Kelly.

I normally have it on as background noise rather than silence than anything else, those would the only 2 real programmes i would actively listen to.

And i'll definitely be turning off when the betting legend that is Joey Barton starts talking.

4 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

For the 2nd day in a row, talkshite TalkSport have been referring to clubs as 'tinpot' - have they been reading OTIB for inspiration?!

Tonight they referred to Aston Villa as 'tinpot', and yesterday Barnsley, Birmingham AND Millwall for having no goalline technology caused by faulty floodlights.

Sadly no mention of our dear comedic friends in their famous (?) blue n white quarters....

That would be a redeveloped tin pot with safe standing

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Definitely an acquired taste, as soon as they come on i switch off.

Hawksbee & Jacobs on an afternoon worth listening to, as is Danny Kelly.

I normally have it on as background noise rather than silence than anything else, those would the only 2 real programmes i would actively listen to.

And i'll definitely be turning off when the betting legend that is Joey Barton starts talking.

Hawksee and Jacobs always gave me the feeling of a mid-week pub lunch and a few afternoon beers, while casually discussing the events of the day and any other ensuing anecdotes.  They have a good chemistry about them.  

We'll agree to disagree on Michael and Michael.  They drew me right in and I found them entertaining.

Ads were always a major pisser during my TalkSport listening days.  "Get it straight from Salco - it's where the trade go!" will still be ringing around my brain when I'm a 94 y/o rattling about a dementia residential place.  It's cruel (TalkSport).

Hawksbee and Jacobs is the best show on there by absolute miles. Andy Jacobs opinions tend to echo mine on most things (yes I'm a miserable sod too) 

Goldsteins sports Bar in at a close second. Disappointed they got rid of the daily podcast in favour of a weekly one last week. It's a bit late for me to listen to in the week. 

16 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Talksport is tinpot tbf.

Archived