IGNORED

What is a 'Sensible Time' to have a complete meltdown?

Gert Mare

There are some posters who think that there is a number of fans who genuinely want Lee Johnson to fail.

It got me thinking, especially after hearing Villa fans call for Steve Bruce's head after 3 games on TalkShite earlier on this evening.

Individually, when do you think it is the right time to start questioning what is going on with the management of a team? Is it as soon as you suffer a heavy defeat, have a stinker performance wise? Lose 2 or 3 on the trot? draw a load of games that you think should have been won? 3 games into the season? End of September? Christmas? After the January transfer window?

I'm not calling for Johnson's head now mind, before you get the wrong idea!

8 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

There are some posters who think that there is a number of fans who genuinely want Lee Johnson to fail.

It got me thinking, especially after hearing Villa fans call for Steve Bruce's head after 3 games on TalkShite earlier on this evening.

Individually, when do you think it is the right time to start questioning what is going on with the management of a team? Is it as soon as you suffer a heavy defeat, have a stinker performance wise? Lose 2 or 3 on the trot? draw a load of games that you think should have been won? 3 games into the season? End of September? Christmas? After the January transfer window?

why start the thread then?

11 minutes ago, iamsober said:

why start the thread then?

Because everyone has a different opinion on how to manage a football team, so it's interesting to know what people think?

Personally, I get jittery around October, worried by November, and spitting nails by December.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Because everyone has a different opinion on how to manage a football team, so it's interesting to know what people think?

Personally, I get jittery around October, worried by November, and spitting nails by December.

I am a happy clapper!

21 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

5 transfer windows and 95 league games.

Maybe not a meltdown, but certainly enough to make you think nobody has a ******* clue what to do next.

3 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

What a crap op. 

What time is sensible to have a complete meltdown?

What are your thoughts, by the way?  

It's a genuine question. Some people have started putting guns to their heads (metaphorically speaking) 3 games in and others have different opinions. Just interested to know people's individual tolerance levels?

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

It's a genuine question. Some people have started putting guns to their heads (metaphorically speaking) 3 games in and others have different opinions. Just interested to know people's individual tolerance levels?

After Brentford.   

Last season, and that was being really generous.

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

my tolerance level is more that most on here! 43 games to go!!

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

5 transfer windows and 95 league games.

Maybe not a meltdown, but certainly enough to make you think nobody has a ******* clue what to do next.

Alan Dicks flirted with relegation for a number of seasons but we stuck with him and look what happened.....Mind you we sacked him after just 5 games of the 80-81 season! :laughcont:

7 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Like everyone, we have some new players that take time to settle. Our first ten games give us a decent mix of teams to play. I would have thought then we can start to make some serious observations. We have been a mix of sublime and awful so far. Need to give it enough time to see where the balance truly sits.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Fair enough, mate. 

If you think a 'complete meltdown' is 'sensible' ever, and you actually think there's a choice and optimum moment of when to do it then you crack on.  I only offered my actual answer which was dismissed as 'crap'.  

3 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Fair enough, mate. 

If you think a 'complete meltdown' is 'sensible' ever, and you actually think there's a choice and optimum moment of when to do it then you crack on.  I only offered my actual answer which was dismissed as 'crap'.  

I do believe in a good meltdown from time to time. Especially when it isn't cheap to turn up every Saturday and your missus keeps threatening to divorce you because she wants to take you shopping at least a couple of Saturday's in the winter!

Archived