IGNORED

Cauley Woodrow (Merged)

cummins17

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Not saying many Fulham fans will be crying if he leaves, but I can only see two Fulham fans who are very vocal, one of whom told Woodrow to "get out my club" on twitter

I'm certainly not a Twitter expert but from what I could gather, he seemed to have almost Baz Savage status. I'm happy to judge with my own eyes though.

Another promising forward youngster to go with O'dowda, Brownhill, Patterson, hinds, Engvall, Eliasson.

Đurić always injured. 

Diedhiou, Taylor not proven at this level. 

Reid fingers crossed. 

If we are intending bringing in another striker IMHO we need to be investing in one who would be a first choice with with perhaps a decent record at this level. Expensive I know but how many more hopeful signings do we need?

This is a fairly interesting article, details how his progress at Fulham has stalled but also shows how things like his goals per game his improved with age...

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/7/27/16018336/lvc-is-gone-what-about-cauley-woodrow

I certainly wouldn't write him off and , based on minutes played, his scoring rate now is almost 1 in 2, which is more than respectable.

P.S. Twitter doesn't seem that damning of him to me, more indifferent.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Really? Poor goal record and why do Fulham want rid if class? 

Only 22. 95% of his appearances for Fulham would've been off the bench. 

Decent goal return in a Burton side that don't create many chances a game. 

Every time ive seen him play ive been really impressed by him. England u21 international with a good goal return. 

Good in the air and quick for someone his height. 

We could do much, much worse. We aren't exactly going to go out and sign someone from the prem for £10m

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Only 22. 95% of his appearances for Fulham would've been off the bench. 

Decent goal return in a Burton side that don't create many chances a game. 

Every time ive seen him play ive been really impressed by him. England u21 international with a good goal return. 

Good in the air and quick for someone his height. 

We could do much, much worse. We aren't exactly going to go out and sign someone from the prem for £10m

Positivity on here? Whoa, stop it. Lets get back to slating him please :laughcont:

14 minutes ago, red as **** said:

I'm certainly not a Twitter expert but from what I could gather, he seemed to have almost Baz Savage status. I'm happy to judge with my own eyes though.

To be fair, I'm not exactly Twitterati myself, bu when I searched his name there were just two accounts being mean about him. Like you said though; we need to judge him with our own eyes really

I'd be a big fan of this signing, he's been involved with the England U21's for a few years & clearly has something about him.

My thought as to why Fulham are willing to get rid of him is that it always seems to be harder to break into your first clubs first team, it's not unusual for a talented player to not make the grade at his first club but to go elsewhere & come good. He must have something about him to of been involved at England U21 level for a few years & in my opinion, it would be well worth signing him.

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Underwhelmed by this from the five or six times I've seen him play but hope he proves me wrong 

I'm just whelmed. I'm not overwhelmed or underwhelmed.

Isn't it strange that at one stage the word whelmed must've existed and was later prefixed with under and over and now they exist but the original whelmed is long dead. I suppose whelmed must've meant meh. So those who wish meh to go out of existence start using overmeh and undermeh.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

So you don't want Woodrow based off stats alone who's played at this level and for England youth but we're furious we didn't splurge on Vassell who's only played in League 2. Righto.

I remember a certain Aaron Wilbraham, didn't score in what 2 years? Before he joined us. Scored 20 that season? Stats are nothing. Some people just see stats and that's that. 

58 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Five senior strikers now and none with any pace 

He's sharp over short distances, but not blistering if you get what I mean. He's one of those players who gets his toe to a ball and draw fouls as well as being a bit of a pest in closing down CBs. Willing runner, works hard, and will help us press from the front. 

Would be able to play several role types, on his own, alongside another etc. 

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

So you don't want Woodrow based off stats alone who's played at this level and for England youth but we're furious we didn't splurge on Vassell who's only played in League 2. Righto.

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He's sharp over short distances, but not blistering if you get what I mean. He's one of those players who gets his toe to a ball and draw fouls as well as being a bit of a pest in closing down CBs. Willing runner, works hard, and will help us press from the front. 

Would be able to play several role types, on his own, alongside another etc. 

Dare I invoke the name... Jon Stead...?

12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

And I don't think you've watched either in a live game. Woodrow is only 22, (younger than Vassell) and also has potential to improve. Woodrow far too young to be written off. He's got lots of experience at this level for his age. Far less of a gamble than Vassell would've been and I would have quite liked us to sign him.

Some Luton fans said that, but others said he's not as good as Gray. Fan comments aren't that definitive.

Archived