IGNORED

Cauley Woodrow (Merged)

cummins17

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

I think you'll find that Woodrow has scored plenty more goals than Vassell at Championship level! 

England youth coaches also seem to have preferred to include him in their set up more than they did Vassell. 

The Championship club that Woodrow has played most games for recently would love to have him back. 

... but let's listen to a few Luton fans' rather than all that, shall we..?!

Pleased with this.

At 22 he still has plenty of time to improve and to me his stats at a Burton side who were amongst our rivals in the relegation battle last season (11 starts 3 as sub, 5 goals) aren't shabby and are certainly superior to those of the 2 strikers we brought in during January.

Think Tommy's point re Engvall is a good one though, bringing in a 22 year old and loaning out a 22 year old suggests that he has no future in BS3.

It should mean we don't rely on Bobby keeping up his spectacular scoring form indefinitely and can give Diedhiou a rest when needed too.

Let's hope it goes well and we make it a permanent arrangement.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

There really is no pleasing some people on here, is there?

So you rate someone who is rumoured to of cost £2m although they've never played above League 2 level above a 22 year-old who was involved in the England U21's as recently as this summer & has played above League 2 level all of his career & was seen as good enough as a 21 year-old to lead Burton's attack last season (in The Championship).

You don't tend to get U21 international recognition for being a poor player, let alone for England who tend to have more decent players available to them than most.

He has all the potential in the world to improve & it seems like a fairly risk free deal to me, even if he cost the £2m that Vassell supposedly cost.

There are so many similarities between your posts & views & another poster on here it's uncanny, you're not the son of Hampshire reds are you? The one who questioned @Woodsy with regards to his quizzing of Hampshire reds.......

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Not happy with this signing. I wanted atleast 20 pages of irrelevant puns and 10 pages of barnsley/qpr jokes.

I hope this joker doesn't have the audacity to be a good player as well.  

I heard he wanted this deal so much he even would row to get here. Hope that helps.

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Every fan will do that, obviously.  Strange post. 

Johnson keeps signing players and we don't seem to improve.  Perhaps THIS transfer will be the catalyst for improvement. 

"keeps signing players" obviously equals signing 4 players, all in essential positions given our squad depth and players lost. If he hadn't signed anyone people would have complained about that. 

Archived