IGNORED

Babcock Site

Roberto Carlos 75

20 minutes ago, Roberto Carlos 75 said:

Very strong rumours that my employer Babcock, is moving from their Ashton site to the old DuPont site in Bristol Buisness Park up by UWE. Anyone think Bristol Sport may be interested??

I don't think Bristol Sport's scope extends to weapons handling systems :whistle:

The intention is to move some of the operations and staff up there but still retain staff in Ashton House and the manufacturing areas

36 minutes ago, Roberto Carlos 75 said:

Very strong rumours that my employer Babcock, is moving from their Ashton site to the old DuPont site in Bristol Buisness Park up by UWE. Anyone think Bristol Sport may be interested??

Does SL not own most of the land around AG anyway? If not, I am sure that they would be interested in securing that site - build a hotel etc.... 

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

A Bristol City brothel...?! :noexp: I mean any revenue stream helps but still...

And I thought these things were called 'Gentlemen's clubs' now

37 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Come on, it's the worst kept secret in the world isn't it? 

They're just waiting until it's all tied up and sorted, so we don't end up in another AV situation :) 

Worst kept 'rumour' in the world you mean?

Most of us don't have any concrete information or knowledge other than SL may own the site and may develop it

18 hours ago, Roberto Carlos 75 said:

Arena with integrated station a la Manchester?? Doesn't look like the TM one is likely to happen and funding not an issue for SL

Simply isn't the capacity on the railway line to cope. Half hourly trains would result in the crossing barriers into the trading estate being down something like 25 minutes of every hour.

Just imagine if there had been another railway line that ran directly into temple meads past the docks and so forth. Oh.. 

20 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Simply isn't the capacity on the railway line to cope. Half hourly trains would result in the crossing barriers into the trading estate being down something like 25 minutes of every hour.

Current viable option to enable the train line to be busier is closing the road and making a new entrance at the other end coming out somewhere near David Lloyd

Archived