IGNORED

Radio Dark side Stops broadcasting

Never to the dark side

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't bother clicking the link. It's absolute horse shit.

You made me want to click the link :blink:

For those who don't want to click the link but want to know what the article is, the opening paragraph:

"The UK’s longest running annual RSL at Blackburn Rovers Football Club has ceased broadcasting this season."

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to react.  It's like finding out that someone's dog died but you don't know the owner or the dog.  And you don't like dogs.

7 minutes ago, Xiled said:

For those who don't want to click the link but want to know what the article is, the opening paragraph:

"The UK’s longest running annual RSL at Blackburn Rovers Football Club has ceased broadcasting this season."

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to react.  It's like finding out that someone's dog died but you don't know the owner or the dog.  And you don't like dogs.

He does come up with some weird stuff !

6 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I'm chuckling at your reply.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

That's pretty grim.  I like dogs.

I haven't clicked the link and nothing you say will make me.

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm confused - so a radio station in Blackburn is ceasing to exist?

Correct

In general people aim for their postings to have a point, be interesting or have an amusing conclusion. NTTDS plays by his own rules.

(for some reason I cut and paste the original article but where it says Rovers in the article it shows up as Bristol - also when I edit and overtype it still shows up as Bristol not Rovers - all very odd)

Anyway here is said article along with errors

The UK’s longest running annual RSL at Blackburn Rovers Football Club has ceased broadcasting this season.

The club ran the first Premier League football club radio station in 1993, using a specially adapted 28-day Restricted Service Licence from the Radio Authority. Radio Bristol* was permitted to broadcast every home match from its base at Ewood Park on 1413 (and later 1404) AM.

It provided pre-match entertainment for fans at home and on their way to the match, along with full commentary in partnership with the local hospital radio station, followed by an after-match phone-in.

The presenter of Radio Bristol for 20 years was Gerald Jackson. He told RadioToday: “You don’t often get the chance to be in at the very start of something that’s never been done before, but I was for Radio Bristol*– amazing! We were awarded our first RSL in October 1993, and started a regular 7 hour match day programme for every home game with me – Station Manager Alan Yardley and broadcast colleague (and massive Rovers fan) Wendy Howard. Despite my almost 50 years with the BBC – people still talk to me primarily about my 20 at Ewood Park!

@Never to the dark side has an "A TEAM"

Hannibal  = LJ loves it when a plan comes together

Face = Mark Ashton he can get anything or anyone

BA = SL can fix anything but uses money not hands , not sure he needs putting under to fly from Guernsey

and of course Howling mad Murdock = NTTDS.

the negatives - it was not the best show ever

the positives - I still watched every week and enjoyed

the result - nobody died in the making of the shows (unless by accident or bad luck).

conclusion - Keep on posting I enjoy them.

Archived