IGNORED

Are city getting prem next 5 years??

SackyRed

15 hours ago, SackyRed said:

I personally think city have a 5 year plan and in that time we will get to top half of prem/europe, I would love to know what the boys think, personally, we are on the way up and its happening soon #COYR

Hi, Darrell

Guess what the R stands for?

15 hours ago, SackyRed said:

I personally think city have a 5 year plan and in that time we will get to top half of prem/europe, I would love to know what the boys think, personally, we are on the way up and its happening soon #COYR

You have to have a dream, otherwise you're never going to have a dream come true..! 

Who knows..? A plan is a plan, no promises or guarantees. We are moving in the right direction I think, certainly off the field. On it, there are 23 other clubs in this division who would all love the same thing. It won't be easy, it might not happen, but it is possible. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You have to have a dream, otherwise you're never going to have a dream come true..! 

Who knows..? A plan is a plan, no promises or guarantees. We are moving in the right direction I think, certainly off the field. On it, there are 23 other clubs in this division who would all love the same thing. It won't be easy, it might not happen, but it is possible. 

Hi, Captain S

I think the plan to grow a young squad and get them premier league ready or sell them to buy in closer to premier league ready players is well under way. 

The average age of our starting lineup is just over 23 years old. A few of those have been linked with bigger clubs like Brownhill, Bryan and Fam who in the end is with us instead of the bigger clubs. 

I am not sure you can put a timeframe on the premier league. I do know the competition for top 24-27 year old championship players is fierce and probably a market we can't currently compete in. I think our best bet at it is to continue as we are for a few more years. Reap the financial rewards of growing a few of these players and start bringing in a higher calibre player to replace them. 

16 hours ago, SackyRed said:

Who knows? What I do know is that is exactly the sort of thing that Sags think we believe. It's their retort to us for them being totally off the scale deluded. They want to believe that we think that our club is bigger than it is to justify them being completely OTT about the size of their Tinpot ragbag club.

Sounds a little bit soviet to me comrade

...Will there ever be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark?

No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

Rovers are more likely to have a full size replica of the Nou Camp in 5 years than us getting to either of those points In my opinion.

I really hope this is a gashead trying to get us to agree with the deluded view rather than an actual City supporter over the age of 4.

There is a plan.

What the end goal/current step of that plan is who knows - could just be competing in the play off places in the Championship.

Don't know what time frame SL/LJ will have on that either.

However, it is clear that SL has a plan -  achieving success in a financially sustainable way. Part of it means having a long term view which means sticking with the same manager through a record losing streak (as much as many on here dislike it). Promoting sport in Bristol generally is also a part of his wider plan (which hopefully includes an athletics stadium at UWE!)

Lets face it - SL wants a sporting legacy for Bristol, he won't get that if he doesn't bring at least some success to the largest sporting club in Bristol.

Controversial... But never when Lansdown snr is in charge.  Maybe when jnr takes up the reigns. No real progression on the pitch over many years but we do have fantastic stadium and facilities , got to give him that. Prem can be achieved as justvlook at stoke and Swansea it all depends on wether the commitment and desire is there. Huw Henkins was great at the swans but I don't know if Lansdown has his dynamism.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Who knows? What I do know is that is exactly the sort of thing that Sags think we believe. It's their retort to us for them being totally off the scale deluded. They want to believe that we think that our club is bigger than it is to justify them being completely OTT about the size of their Tinpot ragbag club.

Bang on the money.

I hope for it, I long for it. To see us finally take that step would be a dream to watch.

But if I take a realistic perspective here, I struggle to see us going up in this time. Our team, and effectively our entire coaching staff, are inexperienced and still prone to very frustrating errors. I do very much hope that these will be ironed out in time, but to combine this with the fact that many of the teams we have to leapfrog benefit from seemingly astronomical parachute payments puts us very near the back of the queue when it comes to making the Premier League. It just seems that most of our time in the second division is epitomised by embarrassment interspersed with times where we do seem to be kicking on yet fail to take any steps further and eventually stagnate.

I am aiming to give our young squad time to develop and make the necessary mistakes needed to fuel eventual progress. This may sound moronic at first, but the truth is these guys need to learn the hard way in this ruthless division and the only way to do this is occasionally be on the receiving end of a thrashing. Some won't make it, and some will be expensive mistakes financially. It was sometimes hard to persevere with 'the project' last season when the only results we would receive were dire losses from a team who looked like they first met each other on the bus on the way to the game. I am willing to write off last season but if we have similar struggles this season I don't believe we will go up or even be near a position to do so in five years. We still have a sense of naivety at this level about us and it remains to be seen whether Lee Johnson, his staff and team are the ones that can finally lift us out of it.

20 hours ago, SackyRed said:

We're capable no doubt and I think We'll give it a right good crack this year.  However, not convinced we have the right structure and approach off the pitch.  No doubt the manager will get scapegoated though as always.

2 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

I hope for it, I long for it. To see us finally take that step would be a dream to watch.

But if I take a realistic perspective here, I struggle to see us going up in this time. Our team, and effectively our entire coaching staff, are inexperienced and still prone to very frustrating errors. I do very much hope that these will be ironed out in time, but to combine this with the fact that many of the teams we have to leapfrog benefit from seemingly astronomical parachute payments puts us very near the back of the queue when it comes to making the Premier League. It just seems that most of our time in the second division is epitomised by embarrassment interspersed with times where we do seem to be kicking on yet fail to take any steps further and eventually stagnate.

I am aiming to give our young squad time to develop and make the necessary mistakes needed to fuel eventual progress. This may sound moronic at first, but the truth is these guys need to learn the hard way in this ruthless division and the only way to do this is occasionally be on the receiving end of a thrashing. Some won't make it, and some will be expensive mistakes financially. It was sometimes hard to persevere with 'the project' last season when the only results we would receive were dire losses from a team who looked like they first met each other on the bus on the way to the game. I am willing to write off last season but if we have similar struggles this season I don't believe we will go up or even be near a position to do so in five years. We still have a sense of naivety at this level about us and it remains to be seen whether Lee Johnson, his staff and team are the ones that can finally lift us out of it.

at least you came up with a sensible considered opinion, and didn't just take the piss out of someone with an optimistic, if a little naïve opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I often wish other people on this forum would even consider engaging in such a thing too

The OP was obviously on a fishing trip, therefore did not deserve a considered response such as yours.  I take it you didn't get a response from the OP?

Keep your powder dry for people that do want to debate.

Just now, RumRed said:

The OP was obviously on a fishing trip, therefore did not deserve a considered response such as yours.  I take it you didn't get a response from the OP?

I didn't read the thread. I had got home from ten hours of tedious work and just decided to sit and write about something I care about- sadly I've only gone and pretty much stuck it in the bin by choosing to comment here

Archived