IGNORED

Are city getting prem next 5 years??

SackyRed

9 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I didn't read the thread. I had got home from ten hours of tedious work and just decided to sit and write about something I care about- sadly I've only gone and pretty much stuck it in the bin by choosing to comment here

I appreciated it!

On 8/18/2017 at 18:24, JoeAman08 said:

I think the plan to grow a young squad and get them premier league ready or sell them to buy in closer to premier league ready players is well under way. 

The average age of our starting lineup is just over 23 years old. A few of those have been linked with bigger clubs like Brownhill, Bryan and Fam who in the end is with us instead of the bigger clubs. 

I am not sure you can put a timeframe on the premier league. I do know the competition for top 24-27 year old championship players is fierce and probably a market we can't currently compete in. I think our best bet at it is to continue as we are for a few more years. Reap the financial rewards of growing a few of these players and start bringing in a higher calibre player to replace them. 

We have been trying to develop young players and build a team for the top flight for nearly 40 years.

Some of us older fans have heard this all before and are less optimistic.

Who knows? We can't compete financially at this level, it's just a case of keeping going and hoping that, one year, the team comes good, and finishes top 2, or we can defy history and win the play offs. We can then enjoy inflated prices, games moved for TV, glory hunters etc. ;)

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Mike Tyson

It's how you react to adversity that differentiates true winners and all the PowerPoints, GT interviews and cosy away day promises to fans aren't a substitute for investment in experience and talent.

Actions also speak louder than words and anyone who thinks we are set for the PL and Europe with Lansdown and Johnson in charge is sadly deluded. SL has never invested in the necessary skill-set or experienced back room staff to make that step up. Until the day his ego finally allows him to admit he needs external help, we will always struggle.

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

We have been trying to develop young players and build a team for the top flight for nearly 40 years.

Some of us older fans have heard this all before and are less optimistic.

Fair enough. Just think it is probably our best option outside of just spending big and taking our chances in the 3 year period of FFP

On 18/08/2017 at 02:14, SackyRed said:

I personally think city have a 5 year plan and in that time we will get to top half of prem/europe, I would love to know what the boys think, personally, we are on the way up and its happening soon #COYR

You are a T1T.

Archived